TForce | What is the point....

Greezy Trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
Why is it I go into SLC and Management is wearing Wonder"O" shirts and hats. Physically fine team drivers wearing tennis shoes, shirts open with their six pack hanging out. Baseball caps of choice.....So why did I even bother with the steeltoes and haircut?

greezy trucker said:
Why is it I go into SLC and Management is wearing Wonder"O" shirts and hats. Physically fine team drivers wearing tennis shoes, shirts open with their six pack hanging out. Baseball caps of choice.....So why did I even bother with the steeltoes and haircut?
The image only lasted about 2 weeks. That's because they have no attention to detail. Why make rules if your not going to enforce them.

Boats said:
The image only lasted about 2 weeks. That's because they have no attention to detail. Why make rules if your not going to enforce them.
There is no need to enforce these rules. Until they want a reason to fire you. At will.

I know thats true,just me,and two others bought shoes

We had our shoes shinned on the launch date.

Me and one other driver has kept our boots shinned most of the time.

My boots were getting kind of rough,but posters from the truckingboards came to my aid to tell me how to keep them shinned.

Every one else that drives from my terminal never bothered buying polishable boots.

So far no-one has said one word about it.

Even when we had our big meeting,with everyone sitting down with their shoes in plain sight,nothing was said.

Oh well I guess theres always rule breakers where ever theres rules.

I do know for myself when winter comes,I'm sticking with my old no shine insulated steel toed boots.
With snow,and salt,and ice melt,theres no way shinny shoes will hold up anyway.

Thats my story,and I'm sticking to it.

Washing

Dear Abby,
I asked our TM the other day if we had to wash our UPS Freight uniforms.

His reply was "yes".

Then I asked Him why we have to wash our UPS Freight uniforms when the UPS Freight trucks we drive everyday are not being washed?

His reply "That will change"

Do you think I would get written up if I only washed my uniforms when the company washed their truck?

Signed Mr Clean

clutchcargo said:
Dear Abby,
I asked our TM the other day if we had to wash our UPS Freight uniforms.

His reply was "yes".

Then I asked Him why we have to wash our UPS Freight uniforms when the UPS Freight trucks we drive everyday are not being washed?

His reply "That will change"

Do you think I would get written up if I only washed my uniforms when the company washed their truck?

Signed Mr Clean
Dear Clutchcargo,
You will be dismised for any such questions in the future.
And think of the dirt and grease as a charactor builder and a gymnastic event. Trying to keep that uniform clean while doing your job could be seen as a physically challenging event.
Love Greezy

greezy trucker said:
We might drop our lunchbox while trying to eat running from the truck to the customers.
To me the bigger question is why line-haul has to wear them....

Get the hell out!? Thats absurd! Oh, just hit me that you guys load and unload, I guess I can see why. But here's another question I have, Why do line haul drivers need uniforms? He's not interacting with anyone is he? Custumer I mean. We do once in a blue moon, but since we dress for sucess(lol), we look good anyway! Ok, I'm streching that.

Funny we can't be in uniform off the job?

On my way home I figured I just run in a store to get a few items.
What could it hurt I'm advertising the UPS Brand to the public.

I wouldn't have thought about doing that.
But I saw a regular UPS package driver with a kid in the same store before.

Whats right for our the regular UPS parent drivers,should be ok for us as well.

I know full well they don't take their kids with them on the job.

Mountain Dew is as strong as it gets for me.

Before my transformation,from a total heathen to an Apostolic Penecostal Born Again Christian.

I used to wake up in my car either in the driveway,or the lot next door,walk around the car to see if there was any damage?
Because I remembered going out,but never remembered how I got home.

No sir I don't miss those days,not on lttle bit.

I quit drinking knowing that some day I may hurt some one,or worse take some ones life from them,and not remember a thing.

I say if you can't handle something stay far away from it.

Apostolic said:
Before my transformation,from a total heathen to an Apostolic Penecostal Born Again Christian.

I used to wake up in my car either in the driveway,or the lot next door,walk around the car to see if there was any damage?
Because I remembered going out,but never remembered how I got home.

No sir I don't miss those days,not on lttle bit.

I quit drinking knowing that some day I may hurt some one,or worse take some ones life from them,and not remember a thing.

I say if you can't handle something stay far away from it.

Well Mr. A........... you and I do have something in common!

1/6/2007 will be 30 years of being sober!........KK

I didn't mean in infer anything, just a thought. Cause I have a friend who is a ups driver, and he stops soometimes for a beer and a bite sometimes. Got the word one day he was told to stop that at once! Wonder if gucci will require everyone who owns their clothes to stop having beers.
And congrats to the beer stopage. If you were wondering if you did any damage to the car, good sign to stop I think.

Good for you,on your booze free yrs.,KK

Thats the one chapter of my life I'm glad is over.

One early morning I blew through a hedge not far from my house.
I came very close to hitting this poor guys porch.
I sat on his lawn for a while.
No lights came on,so I backed out into the street,and drove home.
Thats when the thought came to me that the next time it may not be lawn damage.

I'm very glad God woke this stupid drunken fool up when he did,before I would regret something worse the rest of my life.

I'm with you KK the fun I thought I was having,boozing myself silly is not worth the end results.
Ever notice the beer ads,they all look really neat,but they don't show what happens when you have to much.

Apostolic said:
On my way home I figured I just run in a store to get a few items.
What could it hurt I'm advertising the UPS Brand to the public.

I wouldn't have thought about doing that.
But I saw a regular UPS package driver with a kid in the same store before.

Whats right for our the regular UPS parent drivers,should be ok for us as well.

I know full well they don't take their kids with them on the job.
How about when your on a layover, I have to bring a extra set of street clothes so I can get a bite to eat from the hotel. I know there is a chance they won't say anything but I don't want any unwanted attention or a write up for something as silly as that.

Ups Vs Ups Freight

The difference between a UPS driver and a UPS Freight driver wearing their uniform while off from work is the following.

Both drivers can be written up for wearing their uniforms off duty.

:chairshot: After a couple of write ups a UPS Driver can be terminited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bgroovy: A UPS Driver has a union behind him to keep him from being fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clutchcargo said:
The difference between a UPS driver and a UPS Freight driver wearing their uniform while off from work is the following.

:chairshot: After a couple of write ups a UPS Driver can be terminited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bgroovy: A UPS Driver has a union behind him to keep him from being fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A union driver can be fired also,providing the company followed the proper procedures.
The stupid part is that the union will fight for the employee and get their job back,
even if they deserved to be fired.
If you fart sideways and get fired...sure,you should get your job back,but if you are'nt following the rules,and are written up several times,you should stay fired.
So,basicaly the union says to the company...you will follow the rules...but we don't have to.

clutchcargo said:

:biglaugh: So what is it a Ups freight driver has a Peer review board with their own made up of 50% management and 50% non management employees the union has no employees to see their side...But your post makes no sense.....:duh:

Johnnybegood said:
:biglaugh: So what is it a Ups freight driver has a Peer review board with their own made up of 50% management and 50% non management employees the union has no employees to see their side...But your post makes no sense.....:duh:

Yes the Union does....they are called Stewards who handle the greivences with their BA....then if not settled it goes a Committee of 4...2 Union.... 2 Company (By the way, the company cannot set on the panel with a greivence from his own company) and then the case is heard....if they are deadlocked (2 for-2 against it), it goes to a deadlock committee....then if is not broken....it goes to National....how many chances does a UPSF employee get now?........KK