TForce | What is the point....

steve5 said:
How about when your on a layover, I have to bring a extra set of street clothes so I can get a bite to eat from the hotel. I know there is a chance they won't say anything but I don't want any unwanted attention or a write up for something as silly as that.

I will always wear my work clothes out to eat. Of course I don't go to bars. If you are on a lay down you don't have a choice. I think we have to use some common sense here where you go to eat on layovers.

steve5 said:
How about when your on a layover, I have to bring a extra set of street clothes so I can get a bite to eat from the hotel. I know there is a chance they won't say anything but I don't want any unwanted attention or a write up for something as silly as that.

Since we bob-tail to the motel and restaraunts,we have to be in uniform.

You must be in uniform to operate UPSF equipment.

So nothing can be said if you are on a bed run taking hours.

Skeeter said:
I will always wear my work clothes out to eat. Of course I don't go to bars. If you are on a lay down you don't have a choice. I think we have to use some common sense here where you go to eat on layovers.
I go out to eat all the time but i don't go the bar with my uniform on....Common sense...Well some of us have it....:biglaugh:

Skeeter said:

I may start carrying a roll of masking tape in my personal vehicle because I dont change clothes at the terminal,and I do stop at the store if neccessary....so I may put a piece of tape over the logo and name.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Since we bob-tail to the motel and restaraunts,we have to be in uniform.

You must be in uniform to operate UPSF equipment.

So nothing can be said if you are on a bed run taking hours.
I understand that, but when I walk to a place to eat from the hotel I'd rather do it without the uni. Even on the way home I take my shirt off and wear another if I'm needing to run errands.

steve5 said:
I understand that, but when I walk to a place to eat from the hotel I'd rather do it without the uni. Even on the way home I take my shirt off and wear another if I'm needing to run errands.

Well certainly you can dress in street cloths if you walk to the restaraunt.
I thought you were asking if you would get into trouble if you wore you uniform

I may start carrying a roll of masking tape in my personal vehicle because I dont change clothes at the terminal,and I do stop at the store if neccessary....so I may put a piece of tape over the logo and name.

MAN, Now I never thought of that. Good thinking. :smilie_132:

steve5 said:

LOL! Yea because I don't think anyone from UPS is going to come up to you and ask to scan your pants.:duh:

It's bad enough I have to look like a park ranger on the clock, I'm certianly not going to look like one on my own time.

serta said:
Get the hell out!? Thats absurd! Oh, just hit me that you guys load and unload, I guess I can see why. But here's another question I have, Why do line haul drivers need uniforms? He's not interacting with anyone is he? Custumer I mean. We do once in a blue moon, but since we dress for sucess(lol), we look good anyway! Ok, I'm streching that.
well feeder drivers have to....So that is OK with me but steel toes???? If what ever runs over my shoe out there steel toes aren't going to help me out much....

greezy trucker said:
well feeder drivers have to....So that is OK with me but steel toes???? If what ever runs over my shoe out there steel toes aren't going to help me out much....

I think they would say you could get your toes run over by a dolly, or sit the dolly landing post on your foot.

That or they have intentions of making us work the dock during delays.

I think they would say you could get your toes run over by a dolly, or sit the dolly landing post on your foot.

That or they have intentions of making us work the dock during delays.
Uh intentions is already gone....I work the dock in SLC every night.... But the dock workers there don't wear them....We will all be working the dock...Unless you run more than 600 miles...Straight out of the ENGINEERS mouth....

Johnnybegood said:
Buy composite toes Boots they are much lighter and your toes won't freeze in the winter........
The store here didn't have them in polishable material....Steel was all I could get in SSSSMMMMMMOOOOOOTTTTTHHHH leather.

greezy trucker said:
The store here didn't have them in polishable material....Steel was all I could get in SSSSMMMMMMOOOOOOTTTTTHHHH leather.
You obviously have a computer .Go to Converse they have nice polishable composite toe boots..........:wavey:

Back to your SLC terminal. I drive by there every Sat afternoon. The TM there ought to be ashamed of how that place looks. If it wasn't for the equipment and a few cars in the lot it would look to be abandoned for a very long time. You guys at Salt Lake ought to put a kitty together to buy that guy a weedeater and a lawnmower. Some grass out by the road would be a nice start, those weeds are getting mighty tall.

Johnnybegood said:
You obviously have a computer .Go to Converse they have nice polishable composite toe boots..........:wavey:
Thanks, maybe for replacements I will look into it....Not sure this was the point of all this but ....OK

Riobard said:
Back to your SLC terminal. I drive by there every Sat afternoon. The TM there ought to be ashamed of how that place looks. If it wasn't for the equipment and a few cars in the lot it would look to be abandoned for a very long time. You guys at Salt Lake ought to put a kitty together to buy that guy a weedeater and a lawnmower. Some grass out by the road would be a nice start, those weeds are getting mighty tall.
Yeah...Real nice HUH??

If theres a lot of high grass at Salt Lake it could be..

cut,raked,and bailed for horse hay.
If theres enough of it it could be a very good cash crop.

How much is hay going for in Salt Lake?

Maybe you'd have enough money from it for a nice outting for all of the drivers,dock crews,and managers.

Hay,hay,hay,just a thought.
Pun intended.
I know I'm looking to buy hay for my wifes four horses.
I need 400 hundered bails.
There you go I'll buy your hay in Salt Lake if you can provide free shipping to my house in upstate New York.

I paid $2.25 per bail delivered last year,I know it will be more this time because of the rise in gas prices.

Hay I'd be willing to pay $3.00 a bail if you can get 400 bails out of your front terminal lawn,thats if you can load a trailer,and get it hear for free.

Hey Salt Lake..just messing with you..

this is the posts you put out when your getting sleepy.

I used Overnite equipment to pick up our hay in my local area.
But that was a long time ago.
I wouldn't even dare to ask to use UPS Freight's rigs.