Central Transport | What is the problem, and how do we cure it?

At my place, one word, MORALE. This is a statement, just just a whining paragraph.:crybaby:

Morale, well it has not improved since CK took over. Management is constantly being barked at from above for things out of their control. Drivers are told we need to step it up, but, each terminal has their screw offs who think this is all a joke, but they are not pulled aside and told their jobs are on the line. My routing is worse, running every which direction despite less freight on my trailer (which should make it easier?) Now by Noon dispatch is spitting nails, used to be 2pm. Repairs, or lack of, is a real problem. Maybe we should have a list of what it takes? 10th driver to write up truck, get it fixed. 5th driver to use a forklift to open his rear door, get it fixed. 20th driver to say a trailer tire is into the wear bars, fix it.

Forklift drivers, boy is that a story in itself since hours and benefits cut, the good ones try and hold their heads up and do what they can, but the idiots are acting worse, breaking skids doing 15 mph into a trailer using the skid in front for brakes, lifting 10 foot skids with 4 foot forks breaking skid and damaging product, stacking linehaul trailers when I walk by and can hear the bottom freight giving way just as they give it more throttle trying to squeeze something in where it shouldn't be.

i didn't think we had the best place before, but it was better than the last 3 months have shown me.

Whatta think?
I think if its that bad quit and stop posting

they know, but that would mean they would have to do their job. cuz u figure if you write up some1 for a trl being messed up and that person didnt let the shop know, then that person will cry and moan and then management will have to actually start writing up people for everything else. all the employee has to say is," well i didnt know the rules around here, cuz u never gave me a rule and policy book", which is true for the lst couple of years. that right there is so sad, so how can management put their foot down........... I still have my policy book from when I started, but I get a good laugh when i flip thru the pages, cuz most of the rules and things dont apply anymore.

hear ya there, i seen none from an older driver,,,,,,,, the list is shorter for what applies compared to what doesn't anymore