What is the worst place you ever delivered?

foodguy

TB Lurker
Credits
My last stop of the day on Fridays was a yogurt shop. So I was on my way there when I call other drive to see if his been there. The only thing he told was good luck. He had heard that you have to pull up steps. So I get to the stop park in front of the store and walk in and ask we do I deliver. They kid behind the counter told through the door behind him. So I open the door and there are steps going up. Well let's say this stop took a while. Not a easy stop.

There are so many, I can't count the times I have muttered to myself this is the worst stop we have! At this point I would have to say its a big corporation up in B-ville OK, 400 cases on fri, back to the dock, load it on carts, take it up the elevator, then unload it off the cart, go back to the dock and repeat, I will never bid a route with that stop on it.

Foodguy, I think I know the yogurt shop you're talking about. If it's the one I'm thinking about they share storage space with a hotdog place that I sometimes get. 25 steps up, no joke.
Thank goodness the yogurt shop kills their business, you can have the worst of it.

There was a swinger's bar here a while back I'd have to do on Fridays. Cash only and as you can imagine aren't open for "business" during the day. They wouldn't give us a key so someone would always have to call them to meet me. Even as my last stop they'd take forever to show up, COMPLAIN to no end that we couldn't just deliver when they're open, and either didn't have enough cash on them or would have to pool their money (there were always 3, 2 guys and a girl who would show up) to come up with enough. Would be so cocky as to announce "I'm $20 short, that cool"? Yeah, no it's not asswipe.
Not a difficult delivery, they were just a huge pain in the butt to deal with.
Hardest would have to be a bakery we had for a while. Would order every other week and would literally get 150-200bgs of flour on top of other stuff. You had to park in front of an office building, walk through a parking lot into a parking garage, go down like a 100ft ramp with a steep angle into the basement without getting hit by cars exiting the garage, then down about 7 steps. Was just awful. I hate delivering to bakeries in general.

I have some stops with long walks but that one takes the cake, especially with flour bags, Its no secret we have the cheese cake factory, the one here is kind of a pain, everything they get is heavy, here its down the ramp, through the door, turn right, up the ramp, turn left, up the ramp, turn left again and through the back door, everything goes in a different place, I actually got off my summer bid and onto this new winter bid to get rid of CCF and the Cancer Centers of America, both those stops are irritating.

I have a 5 star restaurant on Friday that doesn't have there managers come in till 2 O Clock and the last time I was there they wanted everything up the stairs, what a pain and then you have to wait for there manager to come in so they can write a check stupid.

I also have another 5 star place that the manager shows up oh whenever and one day I literally made them dead last and waited an hour for the guy to show up to write a check all so I could deliver 6 bottles of wine.

I have another stop in the flats that it's not a hard delivery, but the owners kind of a grump and I save them for the afternoon now there on my Friday and generally that's okay, but the owner should retire he's successful enough, but he's just grumpy and has probably had it.

I Hate bakeries to. The bakers are so damn lazy. When I worked for dawn we had to put everything away. heaven forbid they help put there own crap away. You deliver a whole pallet of flower plus move there other crap wears on a guys body. Will never do that crap again

I don't do carts much if I don't have to. If I know I'm going on an elevator I'll bring two or three extra two wheelers. I'd rather do the walking several times than lift everything twice (I've probably already lifted everything twice).

How about the customers that order large boxes and don't have a path wide enough for the box to fit. So you have to make a few extra trips with single stacks of boxes all turned sideways. Or worse, you bring in your first load and the chef gets busy putting everything away and on your next trip all the boxes from your last trip have been emptied and tossed into your path.

A stop with challenging geography is better than one with an ignorant customer who makes the stop challenging.

BAKERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad this company don't do any. That was my last company's main customer.

my hardest stop now is a breakbulk, hahaha. nothin like sitting in the breakroom on the clock. after a few years of foodservice, i feel pissed off for you guys, this has to be one of the most backbreaking, underpaid jobs around...

There are a lot of stops that we all don't like. I don't like stairs and small coolers and freezer. We have one stop the I did in the summer time you had to go up the ramp and pull up three steps. Here the kicker when you open the cooler door there is a pole in the way. So you have to single stack the hand truck. It sucks balls.

I hate days like today when they send us out the gate late by 2-4 hours and send me to Wal-Mart in a sideloader with 132 cases of beer and a good 20 cases of wine. Then I have to break everything down. I litterally had 5 pallets. The 132 cases of beer was taller then me by like 4 feet. Then I get to this fancy bar I usually have on Thursday, but were given today and they have an ally you have to back down. Well I get there and there's cars and trucks all in the way and I had to turn my self around by jack knifing the absolute hell out of the truck and then running 11 kegs down the ally and it's a hike it's not right on top of everything. It kind of sucked. Mean while a 50 mile an hour wind gust was blowing and that made things all the more fun. I had all kinds of loading and warehouse breakages and internal pallet damages on my truck today it was pretty crappy. I was stressing out today a little running behind, getting to my last 3 stops in a not so great neighborhood pitch black outside running it in off the street in the ******* lane, ahh yes fun times.

How long they keep you out for Bill?
9 months. a 2nd time tear in ny gets you therapy before they will replace it again. so after 2 months, they asked how it was doing. i said its still torn. then they oked the surgery.

my wife was off on maternity leave the entire time as well, so you can only imagine how much "fun" it was, lol...

I used to have an old firehouse turned into a catering company. First stop on Friday 200 hundred cases up a spiral staircase 21 steps and yes it all went upstairs. Really made u tried for the other 15 stops on the route.

A supermarket chain in Cleveland that starts with a D and ends with an AVES I think R used to go there when he worked for Clover Hill foods or what ever the heck they call them selves now.