ODFL | What is your fuel Mileage

rockyjocky

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone besides me been keeping up with fuel mileage? I pull Rockie Set with a twin Screw in the mountains! 90 to 105 K on average. Our mileages on average are 4.5 to 5 per gallon.

mine for the last month is 5.78. it has come up since the bad weather has stopped, but let the wind start howling again and it will be back down in the low 5's. i keep track of every tank and you can tell when they change blends or something is a miss with your truck or how bad the wind is blowing.

Mine depends on the wind 3/4 of my run I usually have a crosswind,on calm days(not many of those!)my'07 can get 6.5+,more often days with a 10-15 mph wind almost 6mpg,or days like today with a stiff 25-35 mph breeze from the NNW lucky to get 5+.

with my 2006 i was lucky to get 5.5 with empties i now have a 2009 columbia it averages 6.8 i have had it as high as 7.28 across kansas

i hear ya needles to say ive had this truck for two weeks now and can't get over how much better the fuel mileage is with this new detroit motor over the cats
I liked the series 60's they were a pretty good engine,the new detroits I've only driven once (unsucessfuly,tractor went home on a wrecker)It impressed me with its quietness,hope to get another chance to drive one,we have assigned trucks not always easy to just hop in someone elses unit,gotta wait for a unassigned,or replacement unit to come around

I drive a 2003 Freightliner in the city and I've gotten it up to 7.29 mpg so far, 1000 miles driven by 136.9 gallons in. Hoping to keep it there.

I drive a 2003 Freightliner in the city and I've gotten it up to 7.29 mpg so far, 1000 miles driven by 136.9 gallons in. Hoping to keep it there.
Not bad I pulled a 53 last winter with the old truck and got around 7 mpg these doubles seem to use more fuel do you drive a century or the old models I know they started changing in 03