FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I fell off the wagon. I had him and a couple of others on ignore for awhile. After seeing post after post of just one person arguing with nobody made me "show ignored content" to see what kind of blithering was going on.

I doubt he's a card-carrying MENSA member. You must be speaking of some other card that doesn't correlate with intelligence.

Lifer has sat through many a steps meeting and has the knowledge to back it up.
I have sat in on a few of these meetings over the years. I have witnessed a few terminations and some serious problems with ones mental condition and have seen these people returned to work with no back pay. One would have to be stupid to not take the deal. Why roll the dice again ?
I can also say our barn went 15 years and never had a termination the company could make stick. Pretty good record in my book .
Do you think that the company's labor people are incompetent ? I do and they proved it month after month to us.
Our biggest problem ? The young kids that can not seem to come to work or protect their bid once their.
If you file the grievance you are allowed to go to hearing and be heard but will be asked to leave while a decision is made.
Glad to hear you admit that the union promotes poor productivity by keeping the deadbeats and screw ups jobs intact even when they deserve to be fired. Why would you brag on one of the reasons Union companies struggle to survive? Do you think this is a good thing? Yet another reason you can keep your union. Fedex doesn't need that kind of Albatross. No thanks.

Glad to hear you admit that the union promotes poor productivity by keeping the deadbeats and screw ups jobs intact even when they deserve to be fired. Why would you brag on one of the reasons Union companies struggle to survive? Do you think this is a good thing? Yet another reason you can keep your union. Fedex doesn't need that kind of Albatross. No thanks.

I don't think this exclusive to the union, At my time at Fedex they had plenty of "deadbeats" that they never did anything about. I was amazed at the number of city drivers that would go out with a volume load do a switch come in with 9 or so hours and go home day after day with nothing being said. Then there were drivers who would do 20 stops or more a day and if they were a little slow one day dispatch wanted to know what was taking so long. That is one of the reason's I didn't stick around, I totally understand the principle behind seniority in a company like Fedex. I just hated that no matter how hard you worked the guy that started before you would always be ahead.

When you get a job as a driver here you can spout off all you want.

The last time a road driver was terminated from my center that I remember, they first attended a conference call...with his immediate supervisor, the center mgr, HR, Regional Safety Manager, and the RVP all present, while their superiors from HRO were conferenced in, giving him a chance to plead his case. After the call, the driver was sent home while they made their decision. He was called back 3 days later and was terminated.
This same process has occurred several times with the drivers actually keeping their jobs.
Kangaroo court ........

Yes their a people that deserve a second chance. A lot of sad stories out their most have mouths at home to feed.
Freddie has his share to no one is exempt.

So people with mouths to feed deserve a second chance but the company doesn't?
Not everyone in life is dealt a good hand.
I enjoy helping people help them self's to a better life.
In order for the person to be returned to work the company had to agree to help out. Both sides did what they believed was right.

I take that back, I have been called in on the carpet once, years ago back when we were still AF, was to young to know better than to have a witness....but things worked out, I'm still here.

And knowing the man and who he has been " connected" with over the years I would .
I also know that the Freddies in Salt Lake have been told to not associate with other freight drivers.
Cabby, do you remember that kid from UW we saved a time or two that went to Freddy's during the mess after the merger? I wonder if he was worthy of saving since he is in their employ now?

Silly of me to expect some resemblance of a legitimate answer out of you.

Never did offer green cards as an employment incentive. What we do offer is more than 2 1/2x your hourly rate as starting pay...that's proven to be enough for us to attract and retain the quality employees we desire.
About as legitimate as it gets. You deserve every penny. Wow, 2 1/2x times the starting rate? That's around $40 an hour. Pretty nice chunk of change. What's the annual take after expenses? Benefits? I'm looking for a change in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.