FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
BS meter pegs on every one of your posts

It's quite simple. I state my opinions, you can disagree with them or choose to accept them. What my opinions don't have is some super secret hidden agenda. If they constantly peg your bs meter why not just add me to your ignore list?

It appears that even though I have been called out here for my opinions by certain parties I have been pm'ed by a moderator that I'm not allowed to respond back to said person. Is it common trucking boards practice to not be allowed to voice your opinions or defend yourself if you are being attacked by another poster?

As I told you in PM, attack the content of the post, not the author. We have rules here to keep emotions from turning this board into channel 19.

My reason would be we're treated as a numbers and not as people. With collective bargaining they would be forced to recognize us as a group of individuals with rights, and recognize our contribution to the company.

I was told by a dispatcher our OM hates this site. I brought it up when he overheard me telling another driver about the bonus. He asked how I knew because it was to be kept a secret. I told him truckingboards.com. He said "Lord don't tell (censored) you go there. He hates that website." It's good to know the red shirts read it. :1036316054:

My reason would be we're treated as a numbers and not as people.

Now you will just be a number with union representation and a certain number of grievances attached to your number. Bringing the employees and company closer is the last thing unions do.

Truckdriver79 said:
With collective bargaining they would be forced to recognize us as a group of individuals with rights, and recognize our contribution to the company.

They do that now. You have rights and you are compensated for your contribution to the company. When the company negotiates with the union concessions will be made. If you are given X more in one column, you will give Y back in another column. Maybe it's the amount of purchased transportation utilized. Do you think the bottom half of the road driver board is okay with voting their work away? Maybe it's a reduction in force...you think the bottom guys will welcome that? Maybe top scale is higher but it takes longer to get there....everybody below top scale okay with that?

It's okay if you disagree with me, I can't force you to be right ;)

Now you will just be a number with union representation and a certain number of grievances attached to your number. Bringing the employees and company closer is the last thing unions do.

They do that now. You have rights and you are compensated for your contribution to the company. When the company negotiates with the union concessions will be made. If you are given X more in one column, you will give Y back in another column. Maybe it's the amount of purchased transportation utilized. Do you think the bottom half of the road driver board is okay with voting their work away? Maybe it's a reduction in force...you think the bottom guys will welcome that? Maybe top scale is higher but it takes longer to get there....everybody below top scale okay with that?

And how much did you tell me last night that FedEx was paying you to say all this garbage? And we know we are right and so do you it's just that your being paid to tell us how great uncle Freddy is and how much he loved us. Well horse hockey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to wrap my arms around how a person that
"doesn't work for FedEx, but does "work" for FedEx and draws a monthly check from FedEx and others" has a clue what it is like to be a front line employee of a company where management considers our current, ever changing work rules to be merely guidelines to be interpreted at a local level.

Oh, and WTF is a 3ppl anyway?

This is entertaining, but I have to say Ex is it seems to me at least making valid points worth debating. I don't care who makes them. Or do we just not give any consideration to his points because he has to be Freddy lackey? Can someone smarter than me dispute some of his points, he asked three questions ....because just countering with jabs isn't how you get people on board, either way.

He goes around snooping for uncle Freddy and spread his lies for him for money. He's an anti union disorganizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"doesn't work for FedEx, but does "work" for FedEx and draws a monthly check from FedEx and others" has a clue what it is like to be a front line employee of a company where management considers our current, ever changing work rules to be merely guidelines to be interpreted at a local level.

Probably meant 3pl Third party logistics another one with no skin in the game that wants a piece of your pie

3rd party logistics. My phone kept adding a p for some reason

And how much did you tell me last night that FedEx was paying you to say all this garbage?

Well now we have a better idea of what type of person I am debating. Try some logical arguments (as others have) instead of continuing to make false assumptions.

Still trying to wrap my arms around how a person that"doesn't work for FedEx, but does "work" for FedEx and draws a monthly check from FedEx and others" has a clue what it is like to be a front line employee of a company where management considers our current, ever changing work rules to be merely guidelines to be interpreted at a local level.

I'm not a FedEx employee. I do provide services for FedEx, for which I am compensated.

I was a front line employee and I have front line employees. We'll just have to disagree as to whether or not flexible work rules are a good thing or not. I can see them cut both ways. Bottom line is when you have good managers and good people they are supervising they aren't an issue.

A 3PL is a third party logistics company, such as EXL or UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

This is entertaining, but I have to say Ex is it seems to me at least making valid points worth debating. I don't care who makes them. Or do we just not give any consideration to his points because he has to be Freddy lackey?

Thanks. No Freddy lackey, just not a fan of this union (or many for that matter). But then, I am not a fan of management mistreating employees either. I just don't think the Union is the solution.

I was told by a dispatcher our OM hates this site. I brought it up when he overheard me telling another driver about the bonus. He asked how I knew because it was to be kept a secret. I told him truckingboards.com. He said "Lord don't tell (censored) you go there. He hates that website." It's good to know the red shirts read it. :1036316054:

They all read , ALL of the companies and everyone in them along with a few others out there that like to know what is going on in transportation.

1st off, They use more P/T than they should now (Negotiable w/contract) the market is tight on truckloads too. There are rules against that now, we have little recourse. They violate those rules regularly. Also nobody's work will go away.

2nd point: Reduction in workforce? Jobs going away? Have you noticed we don't have enough drivers to handle the freight now. Driver shortage and we're no longer "highly paid" compared to others. More pay and better conditions would help attract the better drivers.

3rd point: Yeah, it takes 4 years to get to top pay at the highest paid Company (UPS Frt), they MAY be willing to wait a little longer for a LOT more $. If not that's negotiable too in a contract. You're NOT going to someone else's contract. Your's will be negotiated based on the priorities of the parties involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st off, They use more P/T than they should now (Negotiable w/contract) the market is tight on truckloads too. There are rules against that now, we have little recourse. They violate those rules regularly. Also nobody's work will go away.

They may utilize more PT than they should now (I don't know how much they should use) but I guarantee you they will use as much as they possibly can and it will be included in the negotiations. You will win some and you will lose some. When they use more PT somebody's work is going away.

SwampRatt said:
2nd point: Reduction in workforce? Jobs going away? Have you noticed we don't have enough drivers to handle the freight now. Driver shortage and we're no longer "highly paid" compared to others. More pay and better conditions would help attract the better drivers.

Time will tell. Yes, absolutely more pay and better conditions would help attract and retain better drivers. What makes you think FedEx isn't happy with the quality and turnover rate they have now?

They may utilize more PT than they should now (I don't know how much they should use) but I guarantee you they will use as much as they possibly can and it will be included in the negotiations. You will win some and you will lose some. When they use more PT somebody's work is going away.

Time will tell. Yes, absolutely more pay and better conditions would help attract and retain better drivers. What makes you think FedEx isn't happy with the quality and turnover rate they have now?

You make assumptions that I just don't agree with. 1st and foremost is the win some/loose some theme you seem to have. As it stands now FedEx dictates what they'll pay/do etc, as far as emploees, unlike any other service they utilize. They don't tell the phone company or the intermec company what they'll pay, take it or leave it. It's negotiated. Also, you seem to believe that there is some static number somewhere at Corp. HQ that is predetermined. (If you get some here, you loose some there). Not so.

We, the employees have been loosing ground on compensation steadily under your current system. A voice at the table would be good. The alternative seems to be take what they give. Don't like it? Leave. I've got too many years invested to just walk away without trying to make it a little better for us (Drivers) and a little less sweet for them (The Company). Not trying to bleed them dry, just looking for some balance in the relationship, ya know?

Oh yeah, how can you guarantee they'll use more P/T? Why are they not doing it now? To stave off the union? I doubt that. They don't really "like" P/T , because they loose control of the process and they do get burned with unreliable arrival times...often.They use it when the lane and the rates dictate it. Again, negotiable item in any contract.

You make assumptions that I just don't agree with. 1st and foremost is the win some/loose some theme you seem to have. As it stands now FedEx dictates what they'll pay/do etc, as far as emploees, unlike any other service they utilize. They don't tell the phone company or the intermec company what they'll pay, take it or leave it. It's negotiated. Also, you seem to believe that there is some static number somewhere at Corp. HQ that is predetermined. (If you get some here, you loose some there). Not so.

We, the employees have been loosing ground on compensation steadily under your current system. A voice at the table would be good. The alternative seems to be take what they give. Don't like it? Leave. I've got too many years invested to just walk away without trying to make it a little better for us (Drivers) and a little less sweet for them (The Company). Not trying to bleed them dry, just looking for some balance in the relationship, ya know?

Not many negotiations are without compromise. The union will have things that they know they need to come back with to look good. The union knows some concessions will have to be made in order to get those things.

They don't really "like" P/T , because they loose control of the process and they do get burned with unreliable arrival times...often.They use it when the lane and the rates dictate it. Again, negotiable item in any contract.

They use it when it makes business sense to do so. They accept some loss of control in exchange for the savings. If it now cost more or is less efficient to move that shipment on a company truck they will utilize PT even more often.

They can't even make efficient use of our assets now. They waste money hand over fist on the lane running through my yard and still load PT while running MTs right along side the same PT.

Oh , BTW, sir, are you a third party logistics provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.