Yellow | What is YRC management giving up?

derelict

TB Lurker
Credits
Everybody in management from Welch to the dock supervisors need to work for our hourly wage ($21) for the duration of the extension!

You got that right! Everybody from our TM down comes in late and leaves early, and they just fired a brother for "abuse of company time". When they are at work they are crowded around one another at a computer watching YouTube. Trailers are left at 95% for the next crew to close because of the numbers game they play, one crew trying to screw over the next, in the mean time the dock gets blown out and freight torn up.

You got that right! Everybody from our TM down comes in late and leaves early, and they just fired a brother for "abuse of company time". When they are at work they are crowded around one another at a computer watching YouTube. Trailers are left at 95% for the next crew to close because of the numbers game they play, one crew trying to screw over the next, in the mean time the dock gets blown out and freight torn up.

And you have a problem paying for this???

One thing I can definitely agree to is they need to cut management. Cut a 100 positions- that's only 2 per state. I'm sure they can find 2 wasted positions per state. And at let's say 75k a year in total compensation average they would save 7.5 million per year......

One thing I can definitely agree to is they need to cut management. Cut a 100 positions- that's only 2 per state. I'm sure they can find 2 wasted positions per state. And at let's say 75k a year in total compensation average they would save 7.5 million per year......

There are so many redundant and stupid management positions. We have a guy in the morning that all he does is look for time critical freight and makes sure it gets loaded. You know who does that after he leaves and on the weekends? Sups. Why can't they do it for eight more hours five days a week? Oh yeah surfing the internet and writing bullcrap letters. We also have a safety man that need firing worse than a children's birthday party clown with Tourette's syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do supervisors need internet access at the dock stands?? Why?? Someone please answer this for me?? You tube, fantasy football and facebook have nothing to do with the dock operation. Cut them off!

There are so many redundant and stupid management positions. We have a guy in the morning that all he does is look for time critical freight and makes sure it gets loaded. You know who does that after he leaves and on the weekends? Sups. Why can't they do it for eight more hours five days a week? Oh yeah surfing the internet and writing bullcrap letters. We also have a safety man that need firing worse than a children's birthday party clown with Tourette's syndrome.

Got a good laugh outta the clown description. My imagination has it wearing a exaggerated hillbilly zollars mask!

I object to the company spending money on posters that tell us about employees who have been convicted of workers comp fraud. Not only are they telling you to turn someone in but they calling us all criminals and using company money to do it. The big-wigs made a trip to our terminal and gave a speech about how that stuff is killing our company. Forget the fact that some guys wouldn't even be here but they can't retire because they are a few years short (thanks to the concessions). We are an aging workforce with substandard equipment and a management team who could care less. I'm always getting trailers that are improperly placarded or not placarded when they should be. We don't get bills anymore, we get that crap that says where it's coming from and where it's going but nothing else. Give that to a scale master and see how much he appreciates it. And the funny part is that management doesn't even care. So yeah, I'm in favor of supervisors taking one on the chin.

How about starting the management cuts at Akron-211? How many Ops Managers does it take to suck up to the Terminal Manager? These clowns still getting paid while dock layoff notices were sent out on Friday! WTF!

Get your cell phone out. Discretely take a few pictures. Send photos to Mr. Welch.

I used to be one of those redundant management people and I decided to move on to ABF as a teamster again... I only lasted 6 months in YRC management because of the horrible way I saw the company being ran from the "other side of the fence."

one day i was at the far end of the terminal on the patio, as ordered, i was the only one working. paged repeatedly and frantically until i came to the office. i was instructed to carry a printed report approx 10 feet over to the other supervisors office and give it to him. boss man runs his own business on company time, complains about being on the phone for 4-5 hours trying to get somebody to work on his rentals as well, all while looking at new 4 wheelers most of the time, if interrupted.
we are getting a w&i guy, this guy could easily do it. the most he does is point out shipments to load in the a.m. and often says "f%%% it." load it any old way, get it off the dock. this guy gets 6 figures or near, a sup they fired was getting 75k with a lot less time, one transfered was getting 77k.

day in and year in and out, we wait for freight. some is driver delayed, going for the 12, most is supers refusal to do anything. you can look on the computer and see what is billing. we return unbilled freight from warehouse 6 miles away-a 4 hour turn for some drivers, but dock super won't check the computer to see what's billing, so dispatch refuses too as well. management is more segmented than the union ever was, and none of these will ever cross over to do something else needed, unless ordered from outside. union employees do everything, janitors and mechanics pick up and deliver, strip/stack, as do the dock people that can.
dock stands on straight time waiting for freight that is ready to be worked,because managers won't get it back.it is too much work to instruct a departing driver to pick up trailer 1234. when it finally is brought back, it is worked on overtime and is now late or cut after c.d.t times.

sport center is always on the tv in the daytime, when most of supervision works, even though the freight is worked eves. and nights until the a.m. dispatch will arrive early, the t.m.is fairly regular, the dock superintendent wanders in when he feels like it, and is angry if the 12 hour guy he is supposed to relieve did not stay 13 1/2 until he arrived(they work 7 on, 7 off). he helps pick freight for a little while then retires to his office for quality internet time.
dock guys run everything and self determine if they want to stay o.t . or not, and work volume is not an issue until 2-3 weeks a go.
the frugality we see now is imposed from outside our terminal. he might come out of his office onto the dock 2-3 time more before he goes home, again whenever he feels like it. he has 2-3 guys in the a.m., one after 10:30 unless o.t. is self determined by the others. until 16:00, if he is still here, he had 2 guys. tm can't handle this, or dispatch, a 100k for this? as said above, he manages one of his several personal businesses from our office, unless cruising the web.

The majority of our management do not work together.
Egotistical, self-righteous, angry, and controlling!
Control freak TM is on chemotherapy and unfit to run the barn.
Under him is TOM (with a short man complex) who would rather play intimidating games, then run his shift as a professional.
The next 2 in line are minorities. Both are cool, YET, stay more or less silent, instead of voicing their opinion and the atrocities they witness.
Supervisors number 5-7. All white older guys whom are caught in the middle of the war between the afor mentioned and labor.
A tiny bit of power, and just wander aimlessly throughout life,dispatch, and dock, never knowing if they will someday visit the unemployment line soon.
The last 3? More or less, along for the ride. Two of them stay quiet most of the time. Good for them. Better then growing a few more stress related gray hairs.
The other one, a tiny bit aggressive, but has almost learned to plead/beg, in order to get the job done.

Let me add, the majority of them, accomplish the minimum amount of work. Great, cause we follow their example. Have a great productive week!!!

As a former employee at a mid size Breakbulk I can tell you that the frontline mangerial wages stated in this thread are greatly exagerated, No one was at six figures, Our wages were cut permenantly, tere have been no annual raises, there have been no bonuses, my pension was capped, my vacation cut, no 401K match, mandatory furlough days a couple of years back during the holiday season that hurt my family greatly. Couple that with the increased pressure of perform or get fired and the same stress that you feel regarding the viability of the company, I finally made a change, left on my terms and am very glad I did. Trying to motivate a crew to hit goals when they don't give a rats ass about performance and hearing the constant drone of "you cant talk about production" just got old. Good luck to all of you!