What kind of soap is good for heavy duty truck washing?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,

I know that most people wouldn't do this, but I am not most people :)
I work out of a drop lot and my truck is getting due for a wash. We actually wash our trucks our selves we have a hose and all that good stuff, it's there in the building at our lot and that's how we wash our trucks. The DC has an actual wash bay for the transit and local trucks that run out of the warehouse, but at our particular little yard were on our own for washing.

Anyhow I was thinking dish soap is usually pretty good for washing the car when it's dirty just wondering though if there's anything else or any other products you guys like or recommend. We do not have a gasoline pressure washer so this is a garden hose and nozzle and bucket type deal.

Thanks

Never use ANY dish soap. it has degreasers and WILL strip off any protective clear paint, in due time.

at one place I had worked at, believe it or not, the boss bought a few gallons of hair shampoo.

now that stuff was cheaper than automotive soap, and did put a shine on the trucks as well.

I dunno, i wasn't paying for it, and it did seem to work.

Never use ANY dish soap. it has degreasers and WILL strip off any protective clear paint, in due time.

at one place I had worked at, believe it or not, the boss bought a few gallons of hair shampoo.

now that stuff was cheaper than automotive soap, and did put a shine on the trucks as well.

I dunno, i wasn't paying for it, and it did seem to work.

The only thing dish soap will strip is wax, not the paint. I washed my Mack, with Dawn dish soap, almost every week, for 4 years. The paint was just as good as the day I bought it when I sold it with 600K miles on the ticker.

Dawn dish soap is the best thing I've found. I usually apply it directly to the brush and wash away. Make sure you turn in your receipts for anything you bought for the truck. They will reimburse you.

The only thing dish soap will strip is wax, not the paint. I washed my Mack, with Dawn dish soap, almost every week, for 4 years. The paint was just as good as the day I bought it when I sold it with 600K miles on the ticker.

Dawn dish soap is the best thing I've found. I usually apply it directly to the brush and wash away. Make sure you turn in your receipts for anything you bought for the truck. They will reimburse you.

Doesn't strip off the clear coat?

Well, the freighshakers we had, this did happen. I think long before the Imron paint was used?

This is why I would not recommend dish soap.

The company from what I can recall, did not have any power washing equipment, so I don't think it could have been stripped off from a dumbass mechanic's helper.

Just saying what I had seen happen over time.

Pro you really won't like what I use. .. carwash soap with wax in it and a splash of awesome degreaser....which I buy at the dollar General. ..

It works awesome. ...very clean truck