ABF | What Lies Ahead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

OK, the deal is done and the company has finally gotten the best of us in spite of my efforts to stop it. This is not the first time they tried but it is the first time they succeeded. So...what do you predict will happen as a result of this sorry excuse of a union contract?

I, for one, am already on the lookout for the next chapter in my working life and the company is well aware that there are many like me-I've been hearing that starting about 18 months ago. Then know that we will retire but I don't think that they realize that this is not the best job for us anymore and that there are other possibilities out there. They are hoping for a slew of clueless younger workers who will not see this and will be knocking on their doors for employment in this tight job market. I think that they are right on the first half but mistaken on the second. I see the available drivers on the street on a daily basis and unless ABF intends to lower their standards there are not enough quality drivers to fill the upcoming void. It should take a while for this problem to present itself but the company will have to do something about it.

I think the whole thing stinks.I think it was criminal for Mr.Welch from YRC(fact or fiction)to have reportedly contacted ABF in regards to a buyout.Or for McReynolds to have made that info public.This was said to happen during the contract negotiations.I personally know Mr.Welch.He could care one ioda about ABF.His focus is on YRCW.
Is ABF hurting that bad to have ask for pay cuts from its employees?Unlike YRC back in 2009.Which at the time.YRC was realistically hurting for money.Did our cuts at YRC warrant an even bigger pay cut besides the initial 10%.no.Plus eventually lowered to virtually no contribution into the pension fund.Do I think collusion was involved in this last vote you guys participated in.Well,if the publication of a buyout by YRCW is true.Then yes collusion was involved.Which is illegal

I see a change of operations coming. I think it will be a while (6 months to a year) but it is coming. I agree with ABFer about the driver shortage and the younger drivers and employees. The road to success is going to be long and hard for ABF. With an aging workforce and younger employees who don’t know what it is not to have GPS and time off to play with their gameboys and tablets ABF is going to have to change. It is going to be interesting.