What LTL company should I switch to?

Rusty Moore

TB Lurker
Credits
Long story short... I work at central transport, been here for about 1.5 years now. My experience has been OK, I love my job, I know my route, like my hours and I'm friendly with all my customers. BUT I am just about fed up with the company's bullshit. I can make a long list but I'm not gonna get into it tonight.

So my simple question to you all is what LTL company would be worth looking into? Obviously getting on with fedex would be like hitting the lottery, But what about Southeastern, Saia & Estes? I have friends at Saia & Southeastern who try to recruit me all the time, but I have a week of vacation in August coming up, I am taking that before I do anything. I did regional for Averitt for a few months when I first got my license, but I'm not sure about going back to them local. I hear mixed reviews about their LTL.

One thing I like about central is there so cheap that we don't have cameras staring at us, my buddy at Saia has a camera facing him every day. Not sure if I could deal with that. If any of you could shed some light or firsthand experience with any of these companies let me know I appreciate it in advance. For what it's worth I'm 26 with 3 years experience with all my endorsements. LOCAL P&D... NOT linehaul.

Fedex.

But you won't start on your own route. There'll be dock work. Some weird start times.
It will be a great career if you're serious about this industry........until that robot replaces you :17142:

By chance are you in the Denver area? You may get a "better" deal there.

Fedex.

But you won't start on your own route. There'll be dock work. Some weird start times.
It will be a great career if you're serious about this industry........until that robot replaces you :17142:

Raleigh/Durham, NC

The Raleigh and Durham terminals are suppose to combine for Fedex Freight but I don't know when...

Fedex is a good job ... All are about the same as far as LTL when it comes to the work .. Some pay a little more , some pay a little less.. You can basically only go up from where you are now.

Long story short... I work at central transport, been here for about 1.5 years now. My experience has been OK, I love my job, I know my route, like my hours and I'm friendly with all my customers. BUT I am just about fed up with the company's :horseshit:. I can make a long list but I'm not gonna get into it tonight.

So my simple question to you all is what LTL company would be worth looking into? Obviously getting on with fedex would be like hitting the lottery, But what about Southeastern, Saia & Estes? I have friends at Saia & Southeastern who try to recruit me all the time, but I have a week of vacation in August coming up, I am taking that before I do anything. I did regional for Averitt for a few months when I first got my license, but I'm not sure about going back to them local. I hear mixed reviews about their LTL.

One thing I like about central is there so cheap that we don't have cameras staring at us, my buddy at Saia has a camera facing him every day. Not sure if I could deal with that. If any of you could shed some light or firsthand experience with any of these companies let me know I appreciate it in advance. For what it's worth I'm 26 with 3 years experience with all my endorsements. LOCAL P&D... NOT linehaul.
If you are 26, have LTL experience, and worked for Averitt, and now Central? And are worried about a camera facing you? And think Central is too cheap to install them? Better rethink the whole thing,sir. Go to Fed Ex, Saia,or Estes, ETC!!!! Go now! Run! The cameras are almost standard in this industry now. It actually could save your butt in an accident....

If you are 26, have LTL experience, and worked for Averitt, and now Central? And are worried about a camera facing you? And think Central is too cheap to install them? Better rethink the whole thing,sir. Go to Fed Ex, Saia,or Estes, ETC!!!! Go now! Run! The cameras are almost standard in this industry now. It actually could save your butt in an accident....
As a new guy at Estes you wont have to worry about cameras as you'll be driving an older tractor. In any case it's only forward facing cameras. No driver facing. Not sure about FXF.

Saia has that crap in your face and they go off for anything and everything..

Fedex.

Or the Cedar Rapids area also.
fUR2CAx.jpg

I will tell you it's the same o ::shit:: you make what you want of it. but I started with conway in 1992 and a old overnite driver told me I would be better off over there I said conway will take care of me. Well they didn't so all I can tell you good luck.

Without explaining the :horseshit: I doubt there is a company that's a perfect fit.
It might be a long list that also exists in other companies

Go to UPS Feeder, UPS Freight, ABF and YRC in that order better off working for Union ltl for the job protections almost impossible to get fired I've seen guys get their jobs back after accidents, failed drug tests, dui while pulling triples, absenteeism disappeared for works and numerous more stories.