ABF | what the hell

bluto/abf063

TB Lurker
Credits
is there any hope that were gonna get called back this year? been laid-off since november.also how long do you have to be laid-off before you have to reapply. i have heard 5 years and also that it was changed to 1 year.

I heard the one year rumor as well but that is just a RUMOR. I checked with management and there is nothing to it. I guess it's not enough that we are suffering being laid off but it seems someone thought it would be fun to get that started to see us worry even more.

If I'm not mistaken the 5 years is in the contract and it can't just be changed without a vote.

Article 5, Section 1. of the NMFA clearly states that it is five years of being laidoff before you loose your seniority. Any day that you get to work starts a new five year window from that date.

I don't care if they ever call. I was lucky enough to get in full time at UPSF. **** on the 10% on call layoff every winter crap. Good luck to all the rest of the layed off green and gold employees!

is there any hope that were gonna get called back this year? been laid-off since november.also how long do you have to be laid-off before you have to reapply. i have heard 5 years and also that it was changed to 1 year.

The only hope you have is to wait for the economy to turn around and freight volumes come back up. This sounds bad, but the more LTL companies that go out of business this year will help the remaining ltl'rs.

That's why its so hard to watch YRC. On one hand I want them to go out business, because they are our competitor. But the of course on the other hand, they are union brothers.