ABF | What the non union carriers think of us at ABF.

Your way off thinking that they will replace us in the near future. I will give you a homework assignment. There is an Article in the NMFA that would not allow this your mission is to find it and post it. I will be checking to see how long it takes you.

Well, tell that to all the former CF employees. That article was in effect when the IBT let CF start & spin-off the Con-Ways... They supposedly were only going to be able to move regional freight, and we all know how that ended. I lost confidence in our union's ability to enforce the contract to protect our jobs from that time on... Add to that the dealings from the YRC mess and I don't see how anyone can trust anything from them.

i work at conway and it puts food on my table and clothing on my kids backs.it is a job that pays me well ,i dont hate the union ltls i have many friends working for the union carriers i have no ill will towards them as they are good people,whether a man provides for his family with the backing of a contract bears no weight with me,i simply dont care.i dont care what the guys at the top make ,i only care what i make,i goto factories each day where people make half what i do in jobs the hate and i actually enjoy my job,so i guess i am lucky..
To begin with you have garnered a "like" from Plunger Joe, or should I say you were stigmatized by it. Secondly what is your point? Thirdly I have a question: do you think you would make what you make if we didn't make what we make at ABF and used to make at YRC?

Really to tell you the truth I believe that the IBT can not legally negotiate an ABF National Contract. If you remember they received a 20% ownership through the yrc MOU. How could a competitor of ABF Teamsters be our representatives in a labor contract? By them becoming part owners of yrc they really I believe removed themselves from out contract talks. I have heard that if this keeps up we can expect another LAWSUIT to be filed.
Just think about it we have one of our biggest competitors that is also looking at a 750 MILLION DOLLAR lawsuit pending from the company they are in contract talks with. And we just recently found out that the IBT has allowed ABF to BREAK OUR CONTRACT AND THE BEG BACK NO VOTE! And now we the ABF Teamsters are to trust these parties in coming up with a fair and just contract. THEY HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I have spoken to people that are willing to help fund a suit if and when the IBT and the yrc representatives fail us. This contract should be all ABF people nobody else. Like I said a long time ago the greedy will over step their bounds and it will get real ugly. YOUR JUST POINTING OUT THE FACTS BROTHER ALWAYS PS It would be like one of us doing the negotiating for our company executives compensation package would they agree to that. I would be willing to handle the talks for them.. JUST TRUST US!
I beg to differ with you here Sir Muler. I do not believe that the IBT has any stake in YRC but it is the Teamster employees at YRC that hold that stake. If I am wrong please tell me so.

Well, tell that to all the former CF employees. That article was in effect when the IBT let CF start & spin-off the Con-Ways... They supposedly were only going to be able to move regional freight, and we all know how that ended. I lost confidence in our union's ability to enforce the contract to protect our jobs from that time on... Add to that the dealings from the YRC mess and I don't see how anyone can trust anything from them.

I remember when this happened & a Hoffa wasn't president then.

I remember when this happened & a Hoffa wasn't president then.
Is this some sort of statement to me. If someone that is elected and does not do the job well then I have the right to say so. Only 18% of the Teamsters voted in the last election and it shows how low he hoffa has driven the members. They don't even care enough to vote. If you are a hoffa supporter that is your right but I am not and that is my right.

I beg to differ with you here Sir Muler. I do not believe that the IBT has any stake in YRC but it is the Teamster employees at YRC that hold that stake. If I am wrong please tell me so.
Here is a little about the voting power that was awarded to the IBT.

the IBT 401(k) will hold approximately 25.0% of our voting power, subject to certain limitations and subject to dilution by the management incentive plan and the new convertible notes;

As you can see ABFer any connection between yrc and the IBT that gives 25% of the voting power is I feel a conflict of interest. Remember the IBT was given the power to pick board members. So they have information that could cause a conflict of the interest of the ABF Teamsters.

YRC Worldwide: What Goes Up Must Come Down - Seeking Alpha

grovercxl that article was put in after because of the CF mess. I remember telling a CF driver then that it was the end of them due to the start up of CCX. If you remember then CCX could not haul any freight that CF had hauled within a three month period. That is why the article was changed to stop the companies from purchasing to starting up new companies and closing the union company. If they had not did this all the union companies would have joined in. I also don't believe anything the IBT say's anymore. And their name does not bring the word TRUST to my mind either.

And remember the IBT has rights on the yrcw board. That is a conflict of interest IN MY OPINION! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Muler/Docker - I agree with both of your posts. Muler mentioned that the contract negotiations should only be handled by ABF employees, and I strongly agree. This is the only way to ensure that ABF and the employees are represented in the sole, best interest of ABF and the employees.
You know when a management person agrees with Docker it will be to the WOOD SHED FOR YOU AT THE FORT! lol

Thanks for the research and feedback but I am still trying to figure this ownership part out. That 25% voting power is given to who exactly? As I see it it should go into the hands of the members who own the stock and not the IBT. I do agree that the IBT having a member(s) on the BOD at YRC is a conflict and can only do us harm in our negotiations at ABF, it certainly doesn't put us in any better position.

Thanks for the research and feedback but I am still trying to figure this ownership part out. That 25% voting power is given to who exactly? As I see it it should go into the hands of the members who own the stock and not the IBT. I do agree that the IBT having a member(s) on the BOD at YRC is a conflict and can only do us harm in our negotiations at ABF, it certainly doesn't put us in any better position.
Correct my Brother. The IBT has the say on that Board and any information that they have about yrc inside information would be a conflict on we the ABF Teamsters contract. The important thing to remember is the 25% voting power. This should be a ABF only contract in every way possible.

Conway was started for 1 reason only, That was a plan to put CF out of business by CF Management. Why do you think all the money went to buying Conway new equipment, and getting everything in place long before anything happen to CF.

I agree with muler, The IBT has the say on that Board and any information that they have about yrc inside information would be a conflict on we the ABF Teamsters contract. The important thing to remember is the 25% voting power. This should be a ABF only contract in every way possible.

but I do not trust the IBT either. They lost my trust and faith a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
YRC Freight is a subsidiary of the parent company YRC and includes other more profitable holding like YRC regional. For the 3Q2012 YRC had an operating ratio of 97.8. YRC Worldwide Reports Second Consecutive Quarter of Positive Operating Income; Regional Transportation Delivers a 93.5 Operating Ratio - MarketWatch

ABF had an operating ratio of 98.1 3Q2012. (look at page 10) http://arkbest.com/news/pr/PDF/2012/3Q_12_Earnings_Release.pdf

Vitran. Seriously, Vitran. You call them our competition. I don't even know what their trucks look like. I won't even take the time to see how small this company is by looking at their revenues. So no, you have not backed up your statement. YRC has a better operating percentage than ABF and freaking Vitran. Please list a company we have heard of.

What do you see that the rest of us don't?

The company I'd avoid: YRC Worldwide (Nasdaq: YRCW )
YRC Worldwide has done everything under the sun to avoid bankruptcy, including a massive secondary offering to raise much needed cash in 2011. With debtors more or less in control of the company, and considering the fact that YRC has not turned an annual profit since 2006, it's a company easily left behind in any trucking sector rally.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...rs-poised-for-a-big-rebound-in-2013-part.aspx

YRC Freight is a subsidiary of the parent company YRC and includes other more profitable holding like YRC regional. For the 3Q2012 YRC had an operating ratio of 97.8. YRC Worldwide Reports Second Consecutive Quarter of Positive Operating Income; Regional Transportation Delivers a 93.5 Operating Ratio - MarketWatch

ABF had an operating ratio of 98.1 3Q2012. (look at page 10) http://arkbest.com/news/pr/PDF/2012/3Q_12_Earnings_Release.pdf

Vitran. Seriously, Vitran. You call them our competition. I don't even know what their trucks look like. I won't even take the time to see how small this company is by looking at their revenues. So no, you have not backed up your statement. YRC has a better operating percentage than ABF and freaking Vitran. Please list a company we have heard of.
Just to show you that just maybe you are not as smart as you may dream you are. They were in the top 50! And don't forget you have to add Milans 190 Million on to Vitrans because they bought them and then you need to add P Jax to that they bought them. That would be a BILLION DOLLAR PLUS COMPANY. That will now be Mr. Moderator Muler PLEASE!

RANK CARRIER NAME COMMENTS 2008 REVENUES 1 YRC (formerly Yellow and Roadway) Adjusted to reflect LTL revenues only $5,706 2 FedEx Freight Revenues adjusted to calendar quarters $4,568 3 Con-Way Integrated three regional operations into one network $3,016 4 UPS Freight $2,062 5 YRC Regional Adjusted to reflect LTL revenues only. Closed 27 terminals (Feb. '08) $1,813 6 ABF Freight System* Expanded regional LTL service during the year $1,759 7 Old Dominion Freight Line* Acquired Bullocks Express (Dec. '07) and Bob's Pickup & Delivery (Feb. '08) $1,538 8 Estes Express Lines* Organic expansion in Upper Midwest. Company estimate $1,480 9 Saia Motor Freight Line $956 10 R+L Carriers* Organic growth on west coast. SJC Estimate $864 11 Southeastern Freight Lines* $740 12 Vitran Express $611 13 Averitt Express Member of Reliance Network for national coverage $588 14 AAA Cooper Transportation* $519 15 Central Transport International* Decline due to heavy concentration in automotive sector. SJC Estimate $456 16 Roadrunner Transportation Light-asset with full nationwide coverage $367 17 New England Motor Freight $322 18 Pitt-Ohio Express Member of Reliance Network for national coverage $310 19 Central Freight Lines Decline due to reduction of footprint in Midwest and Pacific Northwest $308 20 Dayton Freight Lines* $247 21 A. Duie Pyle $236 22 New Century Transportation* Light-asset load to ride hybrid LTL operation. SJC Estimate $219 23 Milan Express* $190 24 Wilson Trucking* $163 25 Daylight Transport* Light-asset with concentration on west coast $159 2008 TOP-25 TOTAL REVENUES $29,195 * Revenues primarily for LTL operations, but include truckload and other services Source: Company reports and SJ Consulting Group estimates

Top 50 Trucking Companies: Only the Strong will survive - Shipping Sidekick

What do you see that the rest of us don't?

The company I'd avoid: YRC Worldwide (Nasdaq: YRCW )
YRC Worldwide has done everything under the sun to avoid bankruptcy, including a massive secondary offering to raise much needed cash in 2011. With debtors more or less in control of the company, and considering the fact that YRC has not turned an annual profit since 2006, it's a company easily left behind in any trucking sector rally.

3 Sectors Poised for a Big Rebound in 2013: Part 1 (ABFS, FDX, HTLD, JBHT, MRTN, YRCW)

What I see is that YRC, which is the parent company to both YRC Freight and YRC Regional had a better operating ratio (97.8) in the most recent quarter than ABF (98.1) which is the subject of our back and forth. I am not suggesting YRC has more value as a company, just that they simply had a better operating ratio in 3Q2012. Considering the large percentage of the pie YRC takes of the LTL market, this is troublesome for everyone in the LTL market.

Vitran has such a little share of the LTL market they are not a serious competitor with ABF. Please keep this argument going Mr. Moderator Muler, it really makes you look silly!

And lastly, why do you not respond to the question about why ABF is putting assets into ABC? (4th request)

why do you not respond to the question about why ABF is putting assets into ABC? (4th request)

Oh my...imagine someone not answering needstobehumbled's request.
roflmao.gif

Here you are...the king of refusing to answer questions and yet you have the audacity to expect answers from others. Look in the mirror...just what does that say about you?

And I will ask you once again...why did you come to work for ABF if you consider it such a loser...when FedEx or ConWay would of been a much better fit for you?

Also...I see that you never did turn in your homework assignment.

PS. You can't expect others to do what you will not do yourself! Don't be a Judy!!!

What I see is that YRC, which is the parent company to both YRC Freight and YRC Regional had a better operating ratio (97.8) in the most recent quarter than ABF (98.1) which is the subject of our back and forth. I am not suggesting YRC has more value as a company, just that they simply had a better operating ratio in 3Q2012. Considering the large percentage of the pie YRC takes of the LTL market, this is troublesome for everyone in the LTL market.

Vitran has such a little share of the LTL market they are not a serious competitor with ABF. Please keep this argument going Mr. Moderator Muler, it really makes you look silly!

And lastly, why do you not respond to the question about why ABF is putting assets into ABC? (4th request)
You are so insecure that you are way out there. I can't believe you just made that big of a butt head of yourself. You answered your own argument the sky is falling.ABC is our parent company. What you see posted is the public OR Our CONSOLIDATED OR is for all of ABC not just ABF. So when you start saying we the ABF Brand has the worst OR you are way off base. Why dont you go get the numbers for just ABF. I know them and I will wait until you find them. And if you don't I will show others in a PM but not you. Some already know because they have read the real filings. But by your post you have not. I can't believe you the self proclaimed ABF BRAIN comes on here talking about the published CONSOLIDATED OR and you did not even know that it is for all the ABC BRANDS combined. YOU GO ROCKET SCIENTIST! I gave you a little hint when I posted that link showing who all was on the posted OR. I bet you did not know there was a public OR and A not public OR did you. I will help you out with that one. Just read your BEG BACK Material it is stated in there. You make my day when you stick your foot in your mouth. I wish I could say yrc's loss was our gain BUT I CAN NOT! I hope they now understand what they let slip thru their fingers. LOL.

By the way Rocket that link was for the TOP 50 TRUCKING COMPANIES.

THE SKY STILL HAS NOT FALLEN IN CLEVELAND! YOUR JUST ENJOYING THE BLUE SKY BROTHER ALWAYS!

Come on and let me teach you a thing or two. May I call you GRASSHOPPER?

Consolidated Financial Statement

And after you read the link remember when they say a true Consolidated OR is not real unless it has been accomplished by a GAAP method. Then go look at the one ABC has POSTED FOR THE PUBLIC! I am enjoying this GRASSHOPPER!

YOUR TEACHING BROTHER ALWAYS!

To begin with you have garnered a "like" from Plunger Joe, or should I say you were stigmatized by it. Secondly what is your point? Thirdly I have a question: do you think you would make what you make if we didn't make what we make at ABF and used to make at YRC?
my point??????????i answered a question the guy had for nonunion drivers sentiments towards uniondrivers.and do i think conway would pay me union scale if it werent for the ibt?absolutely not.