ABF | What the non union carriers think of us at ABF.

So if I read your post correct you are saying that the yrc Teamster screwed the whole industry up. Because after all they voted pension deferments wage reductions and they even voted to reopen the contract and change Articles and working conditions. But yet you said nothing. But now you come to our forum calling me and those that agree the ones to destroy all that has been won by those that came before us. You are a joke. At least now the ABF Teamsters can see you for what you really are. YOUR BROTHER THAT GAVE YOU ENOUGH ROPE ALWAYS!
Your so off base its laughable. I read this as we will give concessions on all to come behind us....if thats not what you said show me how I read it wrong. I will gladly admit my mistake.

First off I could care less if you've had enough of anything....tough. Second if I read it wrong how so? Must of hit a nerve.....
Just tired of your coming from behind. What are you trying to to get out of your post.

Just tired of your coming from behind. What are you trying to to get out of your post.
I am asking is if what your suggesting is leave the current employees at full wages and benefits and anybody hiring in after the contract can work for less. The UAW may have went that route, I could care less. It was not right for them nor is it right for the Teamsters. I am no different than a New Hire and I don't think he should be asked to do what I would not.

I am asking is if what your suggesting is leave the current employees at full wages and benefits and anybody hiring in after the contract can work for less. The UAW may have went that route, I could care less. It was not right for them nor is it right for the Teamsters. I am no different than a New Hire and I don't think he should be asked to do what I would not.
So you don't remember the three tier contract and the new hire rates we now have? Unbelievable. There are going to be changes and we will see where they come from. That is all I said and you thought the worse.

So you don't remember the three tier contract and the new hire rates we now have? Unbelievable. There are going to be changes and we will see where they come from. That is all I said and you thought the worse.
In the UAWs contract that wage difference never comes up to full level, it is not a new hire rate. Am I correct? I never agreed to those three tier but I lived them. And if at anytime it would have been an option I would not have had them in our contract, long after they effected me...even at the cost to my own pocket.

In the UAWs contract that wage difference never comes up to full level, it is not a new hire rate. Am I correct? I never agreed to those three tier but I lived them. And if at anytime it would have been an option I would not have had them in our contract, long after they effected me...even at the cost to my own pocket.
First off how could it have came to taking anything out of your pocket. And by your post you are saying that the yrc Teamsters are guilty of the very thing you accused me of saying. If you don't think that a new form of wage and benefit package for future new hires will not be on the table you are way out of the loop.You all scream about us being the highest paid drivers thus making it almost impossible for ABF to succeed. But yet it would be wrong to look at all the options to help ABF and the future Teamsters there to get on firm ground. Don't come to this forum throwing rocks at any of us for things that have already been done in the freight industry. That is what I am saying.

The facts are facts, and the numbers don't lie. Conway (along with the other nons) are rapidly growing, and we are barely treading water. I want to retire at ABF but unless something changes, I don't see it happening.
Funny thing is I have not seen a stampede of non union employees rushing to give anything back voluntarily. Would you give up your 401k and or pension? I would challenge all non union ABF employees to surrender their 401k's and pensions to protect ABF's future. After all one should lead by example. That is how Conway is doing it. They discontinued their pension plan for the hard working employees. YOUR WATCHING FOR THE RUSH OF VOLUNTEERS BROTHER ALWAYS!

Non-union employees that were hired prior to January 2006 have a defined pension plan, but those hired post 2006 now receive an end of the year payment towards their 401k. The amount contributed is a formula based off a percentage of the employee's salary and the company's yearly operating ratio. Why did ABF chose to eliminate the pension plans for non-Union employees? It was too expensive and not sustainable. New employees receive funds toward retirement, but the plan is not as lucrative as a defined pension plan. It is common for companies to modify retirement plans throughout the years.

I'm not attempting to step on anyone's toes, but if new generations of Teamsters still receive an acceptable retirement plan, then isn't this a possible solution? I am not going to receive a retirement plan as good as a non-union employee that is close to retirement, but I am personally okay with that. As long as my pay and healthcare benefits are comparable, then I am thankful at the end of the day.

Muler - the company froze 401k contributions for approximately 2 years; furthermore, I didn't receive any company issued funds toward my retirement plan during that time. I understood that times were tough, so I accepted it. My retirement plan was affected, but my pay and healthcare benefits were not. I was willing to accept the "freeze" rather than leave the company. I believe in this company and also believe in sunny days ahead so I will stick this out and hope for the best.

First off how could it have came to taking anything out of your pocket. And by your post you are saying that the yrc Teamsters are guilty of the very thing you accused me of saying. If you don't think that a new form of wage and benefit package for future new hires will not be on the table you are way out of the loop.You all scream about us being the highest paid drivers thus making it almost impossible for ABF to succeed. But yet it would be wrong to look at all the options to help ABF and the future Teamsters there to get on firm ground. Don't come to this forum throwing rocks at any of us for things that have already been done in the freight industry. That is what I am saying.
Very simple Muler had the IBT offered a contract where everyone was equal....but you full raters are gonna have to accept $2 dollars less to pay for it I would have agreed. And your gonna have to find a post from me talking about how much you make. I have put my opinion in print.....I would not ask any member past....present....future to do what I am not willing to do. Now if it is imperative that changes must happen for future Teamsters to be a firm ground so be it, I can not imagine asking someone who does'nt have a vote in it pay for it...This is the very same wailing I hear about the YRC concessions......No Rocks, just utter disbelief, Thank God I will not have a vote in it.

YRC Consolidated Info, please look at the table called spplemental financial information. The two corporations which all compete in the ltl industry have a 97.8 operation ratio 3q12! YRC Worldwide Reports Second Consecutive Quarter of Positive Operating Income; Regional Transportation Delivers a 93.5 Operating Ratio - MarketWatch

ABF which competes in the LTL industry has a operating ratio of 98.1 in the 3q12. ABC does not compete in the LTL industry. So therefore, their numbers are not relative. please review page 10 where they clearly break down the two different numbers.
http://arkbest.com/news/pr/PDF/2012/3Q_12_Earnings_Release.pdf

3071612245.jpg

YRC Worldwide

In Q3, there continued to be big gap in financial performance between the company's national and regional freight groups. The national group had an OR of just under 100, at 99.7%, versus a solid 93.5% for its group of more regional LTL carriers, meaning that segment is far more profitable.

Logistics News: Q3 LTL and Rail Carrier Results and Trends
Thank you for the the graph Docker I have to school grasshopper.
Now grass hopper look at the total operating revenue for ABF it is $577,546 then look at page ten you will see ABF was 455,997 but when they added all the others with ours it totals 577,546 now do you see the consolidated OR. Total consolidated operating
expenses and costs
$565,313

Very simple Muler had the IBT offered a contract where everyone was equal....but you full raters are gonna have to accept $2 dollars less to pay for it I would have agreed. And your gonna have to find a post from me talking about how much you make. I have put my opinion in print.....I would not ask any member past....present....future to do what I am not willing to do. Now if it is imperative that changes must happen for future Teamsters to be a firm ground so be it, I can not imagine asking someone who does'nt have a vote in it pay for it...This is the very same wailing I hear about the YRC concessions......No Rocks, just utter disbelief, Thank God I will not have a vote in it.
What are you talking about? It is already happening at yrc. Their wages are below the NMFA standard and the new hires must accept it. We ABF Teamsters did not do this we Are just getting prepared for our up coming contract. And you are not completely truthful about the money either. You baled out because you had posted that you heard cuts were coming to the fund and you wanted to beat them do you remember? So according to your post you should have your PENSION REDUCED TO EQUAL THAT OF YOUR BROTHERS THAT WERE REDUCED DUE TOO THE VOTE REMEMBER? But you can't can you. Yeah it is easy to throw rocks when the other guys hands are tied behind his back. Why don't you just add what you get by what they have to suffer in penalties and donate it to a good Teamster charity. Your opinion holds no water as normal. There are changes coming and we the ABF Teamsters will decide them and we will all have to live with them. But it will be us and only us. And I am glad you don't have a say in our contract because we can all see how well you have done. YOUR ABF BROTHER ALWAYS!

Why the big debate about what non union carriers think about ABF? They can think one thing and be told to think something else the next day or lose their gigs. The bottom line is ABF will lead the way in the future of LTL, and if it is doesn't we will all be looking for another job, and the non union carriers will be working for ten bucks an hour and paying $800 a month for insurance. In my humble opinion.

I hope I'm misreading this. I read leave "mine" as is and screw all those to come later???? If this is correct you'll never see "what our Teamsters before us fought for" again.

What does seem to be your problem Wolf? Here you are sneaking around this forum just waiting for an opportunity to get even the slightest chance of tripping Muler up. How many times does this make now? It wouldn't be so bad if you had valid excuses to do so...but you never do...you just grasp at straws and hope for the best. Your favorite excuse after you try and fail...I misread it. But you still keep trying...don't you? After all...it's purely understandable...you know damn well that the only chance you have at beating him is to sneak around and attack from the back because you wouldn't stand a chance in an all out frontal attack. We all know how much you despise him...it's that obvious...but at least try and be a man about it and take ut to the Get it off your chest thread and state the real reason you hate him so.

These sneak attacks of trying to turn his words around and claim he means something entirely different is getting mighty old. Just look how long you have to wait in between times and that in itself will take a toll on your sanity...not to even mention how it makes you out to be just a disgrunted and vindictive troll. So...I think that it's about time for you to take it to the Get it off your chest thread and settle it for once and for all...what do you say? I'm sure he will oblige...that is once he gets over the shock of you actually getting up the nerve to meet him head on.

Thank you for the the graph Docker I have to school grasshopper.
Now grass hopper look at the total operating revenue for ABF it is $577,546 then look at page ten you will see ABF was 455,997 but when they added all the others with ours it totals 577,546 now do you see the consolidated OR. Total consolidated operating
expenses and costs
$565,313

He is either as dumb as a doornail or has alterior motives for this rhetoric he keeps posting. After all...we are talking about someone that leaves YRC to come to work for a company which he believes is:

Barely treading water.... 2009 ABF had a net income loss of 127 million. 2010 ABF had a net income loss of 32 million. 2011 ABF had a net income of 6 million. A three year total of 155 million in the hole.

It just doesn't add up!

What are you talking about? It is already happening at yrc. Their wages are below the NMFA standard and the new hires must accept it. We ABF Teamsters did not do this we Are just getting prepared for our up coming contract. And you are not completely truthful about the money either. You baled out because you had posted that you heard cuts were coming to the fund and you wanted to beat them do you remember? So according to your post you should have your PENSION REDUCED TO EQUAL THAT OF YOUR BROTHERS THAT WERE REDUCED DUE TOO THE VOTE REMEMBER? But you can't can you. Yeah it is easy to throw rocks when the other guys hands are tied behind his back. Why don't you just add what you get by what they have to suffer in penalties and donate it to a good Teamster charity. Your opinion holds no water as normal. There are changes coming and we the ABF Teamsters will decide them and we will all have to live with them. But it will be us and only us. And I am glad you don't have a say in our contract because we can all see how well you have done. YOUR ABF BROTHER ALWAYS!
The new hires have to except it and so do those already working....Unlike what you posted. The new hires will just have to be less but don't touch mine....Yes it appears that it is the new way...Go to the Central States Muler get them to equalize "all" the pensions. I will live with that.....bring those up that retired at $900 back in the day......drop those with $4500 down. Your damn right I'm thowing rocks.....just as you have since the YRC guys give up so much when their back was against the wall.....at least they did not single out a group so they may save themselves.....Hell why stop with the future hires....why not include those with less than 10 or 15 years too?

What does seem to be your problem Wolf? Here you are sneaking around this forum just waiting for an opportunity to get even the slightest chance of tripping Muler up. How many times does this make now? It wouldn't be so bad if you had valid excuses to do so...but you never do...you just grasp at straws and hope for the best. Your favorite excuse after you try and fail...I misread it. But you still keep trying...don't you? After all...it's purely understandable...you know damn well that the only chance you have at beating him is to sneak around and attack from the back because you wouldn't stand a chance in an all out frontal attack. We all know how much you despise him...it's that obvious...but at least try and be a man about it and take ut to the Get it off your chest thread and state the real reason you hate him so.

These sneak attacks of trying to turn his words around and claim he means something entirely different is getting mighty old. Just look how long you have to wait in between times and that in itself will take a toll on your sanity...not to even mention how it makes you out to be just a disgrunted and vindictive troll. So...I think that it's about time for you to take it to the Get it off your chest thread and settle it for once and for all...what do you say? I'm sure he will oblige...that is once he gets over the shock of you actually getting up the nerve to meet him head on.
Muler is speaking for himself...He posted it.....Means nothing to me if the way I read it is correct. In fact you both can stand tall if this is you plan....It will be you that gets to tell the New Hires how you did it to save their Job. If not then say so.

Muler is speaking for himself...He posted it.....Means nothing to me if the way I read it is correct. In fact you both can stand tall if this is you plan....It will be you that gets to tell the New Hires how you did it to save their Job. If not then say so.

Listen to yourself:
if the way I read it is correct

That's the problem with you Wolf...you're always misreading posts! You're hatred for this man has become an obsession with you!