Estes | What to do ??

Dawgone!! ya'all are starting to sound like regular truck drivers.... When I fill in for someone and run a schedule, I get home but I try and get some sleep when i'm there. My kids are glad i'm home but they wake me up when they get home from school. (2:30) I don't go back to bed. They always have something going on. Football practice, karate, gymnastics, baseball, swimming etc. I fell guilty telling my wife to take them so I can lay down on my sorry @ss. I end up going with them with my bloodshot eyes. When it's time to go to work. I head that way (40 mi). Driving that I don't get paid for. Then I wait and wait and wait on dispatch to give me my bills. I head down the road weaving from side to side running folks in the ditches and wishing I could just lay down somewhere but my fat slob meet person (who has no responsibilities whatsoever at the house and makes his wife do everything) may get angry and kick and screem like a 2 year old. I show up and swap trailers load up on tons of caffine. I head back down the highway. About an hour later. There goes the 4 wheelers back in the ditches. I want to take a nap but I watched many driver's get chewed by the old t.m. so I keep hammering down. I get to the terminal and get in my car and weave 40+ miles back to the house. (I have actually fell asleep at a red light before). I get home and say, "boy I survived another one!" ... .. I feel better now. Since we were off topic I thought i'd keep it that way.

I am sure this is total fiction. I know it was meant as a joke. Although I do not find any humor in being a dangerous hazard. You missed the mark on this one

Sometimes to be a good Dad,Dad has to suffer.But in the long run,all is good. When I ran extra board,I never missed a football game or baseball game. My wife would take the old movie camera with her and filmed all of them. Me and my son would set around on Sunday and watch the game.It was like being there.It seemed like it meant more to him that he and I were sharing a part of something he loved.He called me after every game.

You can be there,if you want to be.

I am sure this is total fiction. I know it was meant as a joke. Although I do not find any humor in being a dangerous hazard. You missed the mark on this one

maybe in a perfect world but there are those nights. I've had them. You haven't ?? :TR10driving03:

maybe in a perfect world but there are those nights. I've had them. You haven't ?? :TR10driving03:

Your kidding right? Why would I put peoples lives at risk by driving tired. I have never nodded off behind the wheel nor have ever fallen asleep at a red light. If I am tired I pull over and take a 15 minute nap, AND NEVER ON THE WAY TO A MEET ON THE WAY HOME. But then again I just started my day why would I not be able to do half of it before I needed a nap? Anyone who endangers the lives of others by doing this needs to think there are people out there like me that would not hesitate to take action if my family was ever hurt by someones unexcusable actions. I also feel anyone that does drive nodding off or falling asleep behind the wheel or running cars into ditches should be FIRED.
I did not think any professional driver would ever do this. I guees we know what type of drivers people are around here. And to all the ones who take action to make themselves safe I for one commend you, we are obviously the exception when I always thought we were the unappreciated masses at Estes.

Sometimes to be a good Dad,Dad has to suffer.But in the long run,all is good. When I ran extra board,I never missed a football game or baseball game. My wife would take the old movie camera with her and filmed all of them. Me and my son would set around on Sunday and watch the game.It was like being there.It seemed like it meant more to him that he and I were sharing a part of something he loved.He called me after every game.

You can be there,if you want to be.

Thank You for being a professional driver. I and everyone who has a family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts

You should've seen the look on the faces of the folks in the ditches. It didn't look like they found much humor in it either.:ohmy::shock:

Dawgone!! ya'all are starting to sound like regular truck drivers.... When I fill in for someone and run a schedule, I get home but I try and get some sleep when i'm there. My kids are glad i'm home but they wake me up when they get home from school. (2:30) I don't go back to bed. They always have something going on. Football practice, karate, gymnastics, baseball, swimming etc. I fell guilty telling my wife to take them so I can lay down on my sorry @ss. I end up going with them with my bloodshot eyes. When it's time to go to work. I head that way (40 mi). Driving that I don't get paid for. Then I wait and wait and wait on dispatch to give me my bills. I head down the road weaving from side to side running folks in the ditches and wishing I could just lay down somewhere but my fat slob meet person (who has no responsibilities whatsoever at the house and makes his wife do everything) may get angry and kick and screem like a 2 year old. I show up and swap trailers load up on tons of caffine. I head back down the highway. About an hour later. There goes the 4 wheelers back in the ditches. I want to take a nap but I watched many driver's get chewed by the old t.m. so I keep hammering down. I get to the terminal and get in my car and weave 40+ miles back to the house. (I have actually fell asleep at a red light before). I get home and say, "boy I survived another one!" ... .. I feel better now. Since we were off topic I thought i'd keep it that way.

Mildew, I know your teasing, some parts are true, I lived that life for a while, 4 yrs or so, I laughed out loud, long and hard so I have to say thanks for posting...LOL, your a great guy, very funny!!

Mildew, I know your teasing, some parts are true, I lived that life for a while, 4 yrs or so, I laughed out loud, long and hard so I have to say thanks for posting...LOL, your a great guy, very funny!!

Thanks bro, I like to leave work at work. I think some folks need to lighten up a little. I know what I am and it doesn't bother me much to hear someone's oppinion if he or she doesn't like my post. I've been going up and down the road many years without any bender fenders. I must know a little about something.

Thanks bro, I like to leave work at work. I think some folks need to lighten up a little. I know what I am and it doesn't bother me much to hear someone's oppinion if he or she doesn't like my post. I've been going up and down the road many years without any bender fenders. I must know a little about something.

I know you do, thats why I know your joking, some people just don't get it!

some parts ?? :shift: I think whats posted is a VERY SAD truth to some NIGHTS. hell ive taken a nap in my 4 wheeler just to get home and go to bed lol
Thanks for sharing this and I HEAR YA.
THE REST IS FOR TURNED

why bash someone or call someone unprofessional when we all have these days ???
have i ever went a little to far and should taken a rap nap...... YES
Have I ever showed up to work after a 3 hour nap ....... YES
have i showed up sick and forced myself to make it through the night ...... YES

realizing you are human and some nights are better than others is a good thing. see a problem and correct it before someone gets killed

how is this a problem when a guy recognizes whats wrong and fixes it
but guys that do everything perfect i guess they need no fixing. hard to fix perfect right :nutkick: NOT you GT :biglaugh:

I am sorry that you and others on here think its funny to take other peoples lives in your hands. Sorry I am not stupid enough to do what you guys are saying you do and then ****ing jokeing about it.
I will never joke about something like that ever, nor will I no matter what your excuse is drive unsafe never have never will.

I am sorry that you and others on here think its funny to take other peoples lives in your hands. Sorry I am not stupid enough to do what you guys are saying you do and then ****ing jokeing about it.
I will never joke about something like that ever, nor will I no matter what your excuse is drive unsafe never have never will.

Turned,he was yankin ya chain,man.Calm down. I don't think any respectable driver would do what he was ribbin' you about.Every one of us have families and would chase that dude down and kick his arse if we seen him putting our families in danger.

My first sign of getting tired, I pull over and find something to do outside the truck.That's what makes you sleepy, just setting there getting comfortable.Once I move around a little, I'm ok.

no jokes. posting info here to help guys out. stop that truck, take it easy, where do we differ ??
you have NEVER drivin tired ??? you are the perfect driver I've been looking for

its o.k. to have fun guys but really what do ya do when ya get tired ?? me i turn up talk radio or like loon said find a good place to park and walk around the truck a minute or 2. also I have the blue parrot 250 so i find some ol dugan buddy and call him or i just change my activity.

no jokes. posting info here to help guys out. stop that truck, take it easy, where do we differ ??
you have NEVER drivin tired ??? you are the perfect driver I've been looking for

First show me one post were you so called helping drivers out, before this one?
Second perfect driver far from it. But on the other hand I will stand up for what is right.
NO I HAVE NEVER DRIVEN TIRED. Why would I take up to 105500 lbs. down the road tired? That is just stupid and I will never put myself in that situation.
Funny how your changing your tune but not really admitting it.
Anyone who takes the lives of other peoples familys into their own hands is a piece of ::shit::. Anyone who finds humor in this act is also a piece of ::shit::.
And this is just for thebeerboy, Pray you never hurt anyone while you are driving tired. How would you live with yourself? Especially after some of your posts in here were you admit to being a dangerous hazard on the road.

One more thing thebeerboy I was sick with the flu for two weeks and it did not affect my performance until one Thursday when I had to sleep in my truck for 2 hours on my way home from the meet. Not only did I not get in trouble I was told to stay home until I was better and thanked for getting the freight back safely

I can say I have a perfect driving record no tickets/ accidents EVER. even as a kid I have never got a ticket. sure typical headlight or whatever. 2 overweight tickets in the last 5 years.
to say I'm a hazard is dumb. This all started as a joke with some truths to the story and you come in all high and mighty. we all have rough days and this is a good thing to talk about with humor or without to make us all safer drivers. that is no joke