ABF | What was the Union thinking?

Signing a white paper agreement with UPS freight is going to be used by ABF and Yellow to make it hard for the Teamster's to win a better contract in freight. The Teamster's should have waited until they had a NMFA before they organized UPS freight.

don't you notice how our contract expires first but UPS is always at the negotiating table first ? unfortunately the NMFA will slowly be a thing of the past. let's just hope in the future that we don't a sub-standard contract with all the concessions UPSF has.

Signing a white paper agreement with UPS freight is going to be used by ABF and Yellow to make it hard for the Teamster's to win a better contract in freight. The Teamster's should have waited until they had a NMFA before they organized UPS freight.

I am confused. Are you asking a question? Are you simply restating drivers room BS?
There is not one fact in either of your posts. Please explain.

I have an idea what they were thinking..

After looking at these numbers in the link below it is easy to see what helped "influence" their thinking:

http://tdu.org/files/final.pdf

These men care about the people and you can be sure that your pension is safe an sound too. :nutkick:

HAAALLLLoooooo, UPSF is not a white sheet agreement. ABF and YELLOW negotiate a different contract, therefore not an issue.
Why freakin wait. It is what it is, and outside influence has no bearing on what we negotiate. ABF is not going to get the UPSF contract. If thats what the company wants, and wants to hold us to, get ready for a problem, a problem I am sure ABF wishes to avert.

don't you notice how our contract expires first but UPS is always at the negotiating table first ? unfortunately the NMFA will slowly be a thing of the past. let's just hope in the future that we don't a sub-standard contract with all the concessions UPSF has.

The NMFA always expires ahead of the UPS package. The NMFA is stronger and stronger each signing. The problem with the whole situation is the vast MAJORITY of members dont want to "cause a problem" and they let the abusive supervisor off the hook. Ask for what you are due, and if you don't file a grievance. The grievance machinery is the best part of that agreement. It makes me happy happy.

Besides, I would like to know whos feeding you this crap.

The NMFA always expires ahead of the UPS package. The NMFA is stronger and stronger each signing. The problem with the whole situation is the vast MAJORITY of members dont want to "cause a problem" and they let the abusive supervisor off the hook. Ask for what you are due, and if you don't file a grievance. The grievance machinery is the best part of that agreement. It makes me happy happy.

Besides, I would like to know whos feeding you this crap.

brother, aint no nobody feeding me anything. your comment about "the vast majority" is your opinion of which im sure some will disagree. and who said anything about the grievance procedure ? i never said that the NMFA was weak to begin with. now back to what i said, UPS gets their contract done 1st because they say so and Jr. complies. UPS agrees to organize Overnite but on THEIR terms only. JR. complies which in turn weakens our NMFA by not adding any new members . now ABF wants out and i know the members have got to have their say but to even consider it is a bad move. all of these co.'s will fall in line and follow UPS's lead. once again, Hoffa Jr. complies.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Teamster's going to give UPS corp. an unfair advantage..
UPS corp. makes more than Yellow and ABF combined.
So if ABF and Yellow what to be completive in the freight market there will be a lot more of the take then the give.
No. I'm not throwing in the towel...I hope for the best NMFA....We deserve a good contract..but in relativity we were told by the Union they would like to have a NMFA by Oct 31,2007 ,so the member's could look over..

I know it hard for truck drivers to pay attention, but the UPS Master an the NMFA just happen to expire in the same year this time around.
It hasn't been that way for quite some time.
Different length contracts over the past twnety years has finally brought the two into the same year.

Having worked under both agreements, this is the first year in almost twenty that both agreeemtns have expired in the same calender year.

You guys in freight shouldn't worry about UPS freight's agreemnt, it the UPS Master that going to set new sub-standards.

Three year progression.
Split raises

Are just two that stand right out there.
The new UPS Master is awful.

Get ready freight Hoffa just got finished with our bums, yours are next.