What we really want

I think you need to read it again, for someone not having a clue....it wasnt about the hourly pay! It was about grown adults acting like children, when there is sooooo much more to worry about. Get a clue!

"...The union is not needed or wanted. They were only brought in long ago for safety of employees..there are other agenies now that do that ...Safety Long hours, no breaks, unsafe conditions and accountability brought the unions in Treatment of workers was NOT, nor wages or pensions or health care contributions etc. There is OSHA, NLRB, FMCSA to over see this just in case you were not aware of it... so there for unions are not needed..."

Unions fought once for workers rights, but you act like the situation is stable, and no battles still need to be fought. Let me tell you something, boy-o... there are battles fought every day in this country defending worker's rights, and it's the unions doing the vast majority of the fighting.

If you are counting on the government to be your defender and to have your back, you are a naive fool! The wheels of government turn slowly, when they turn at all. Having tried to get OSHA and FMCSA involved in safety situations before many times as a shop steward, I can tell you government agencies rarely want to do anything but pass the buck to another agency, which itself wants to pass the buck. Been there, done that... have fought in the trenches there.

Unions stand on the front-lines where worker's rights and safety are concerned, and do the majority of the work where court action and legislation are concerned. It is foolish, uneducated and easily deluded simpletons like yourself that constantly want to bite the very hand that wants to help you.

In recent polls concerning the Employee Free Choice Act, a large majority of Americans say that they would join a union if the process were easy and free of employer harassment and intimidation. Having been an organizer, I can tell you first hand about employer intimidation. Having been through several union decertification campaigns in my career, I can tell you that they stop at nothing and will break whatever rules they think they can to get their desired objective of a "union-free" workplace.

Union-free. They make it sound like "disease-free". But the only disease is the disease that management spreads... the disease of misinformation, harassment and intimidation.

Grow up, and pull your figurative head from your figurative anal orifice and realize that everything management pours into that vacuum between your ears is not necessarily the truth... :biglaugh:

Unions fought once for workers rights, but you act like the situation is stable, and no battles still need to be fought. Let me tell you something, boy-o... there are battles fought every day in this country defending worker's rights, and it's the unions doing the vast majority of the fighting.

If you are counting on the government to be your defender and to have your back, you are a naive fool! The wheels of government turn slowly, when they turn at all. Having tried to get OSHA and FMCSA involved in safety situations before many times as a shop steward, I can tell you government agencies rarely want to do anything but pass the buck to another agency, which itself wants to pass the buck. Been there, done that... have fought in the trenches there.

Unions stand on the front-lines where worker's rights and safety are concerned, and do the majority of the work where court action and legislation are concerned. It is foolish, uneducated and easily deluded simpletons like yourself that constantly want to bite the very hand that wants to help you.

In recent polls concerning the Employee Free Choice Act, a large majority of Americans say that they would join a union if the process were easy and free of employer harassment and intimidation. Having been an organizer, I can tell you first hand about employer intimidation. Having been through several union decertification campaigns in my career, I can tell you that they stop at nothing and will break whatever rules they think they can to get their desired objective of a "union-free" workplace.

Union-free. They make it sound like "disease-free". But the only disease is the disease that management spreads... the disease of misinformation, harassment and intimidation.

Grow up, and pull your figurative head from your figurative anal orifice and realize that everything management pours into that vacuum between your ears is not necessarily the truth... :biglaugh:

shift lets see what the company supporters have to say.

Thats a crock! I was paid 21.75 hr. by my old co. (which was not union)and still say you guys are a bunch of spoiled children. I've been in the LTL business for 20 yrs now and I'm thankful for you teamsters in one way...where we once entertained the idea of a union rep., I'm so glad we didnt do it! They dont really seem to do a darn thing but get you guys all riled up and then go nowhere with it. OHFL simply doesnt want to be pulled around but the nose ring any longer, and you guys have just simply pushed it to far. Look at you now, all that time picketing, and NOW your willing to just go with what you had in the first place???? Really, if your that unhappy with a paycheck, move on! Go find somewhere else that will be content with your whining, the whole lot of you. People will be there to replace you within 24 hours, bet on it!!

ohfl is not getting pulled around, they are doing all the pushing. quick question to you do you have sick leave? if a company actually cared about their employees they would offer it as a courtesy dont you think? i little something when youre not up to par to stay home a day or two without the risk of financial burden. bills still have to be paid! you would rather work ill then stay home and get better? not only that Oregon law allows you to use sick leave for family leave. THIS IS THE ONLY REASON OHFL WANTS TO GET RID OF IT!!!! companys continue to roll over their employees with this kind of mentality it's no wonder most people are just "happy" with a job and not really in a career. In the industry for 20 years makes you a career man that should be treated as such but why settle for mediocrity? were not "willing " to go with what the correct statement is "we would have been fine with what we had".

Every thing you said is so true. The Teamsters just want to close OAKH down, they want the business to fail because they aren't getting what they feel they are entitled to period.
They are lucky to even have a job due to the economic times right now. But that is not good enough, they have this entitlement attitude just because they are the big bad termsters. OAKH has cut their employees in half and they have gone very lean to stay a float due to the strike started and caused by the nasty teamsters and they are still complaining. You could give them everything they asked for and they still would find fault and feel entitlement for more. They are never at fault, it is always someone else they blame. They don't take responsibility for anything. Just enjoy destroying everything they touch period. They are evil. It will be a very long time before OAKH will be making the kind of money again to be able to give the teamsters what they want. If they don't have it, the teamsters don't get it. It is the teamsters own fault they are where they are today and they still just complain.

ed and dave are the only ones to blame they allowed a strike that would cripple them instead of even putting to us a status quo offer. I still think they have millions aside why would they be spouting prepared for the worst still. they are willing to allow the destruction a their FATHERS company. again you do not spend 100 million to battle the teamsters if 50 million would have kept a decent contract. POOR BUSINESS DECISION PERIOD

ed and dave are the only ones to blame they allowed a strike that would cripple them instead of even putting to us a status quo offer. I still think they have millions aside why would they be spouting prepared for the worst still. they are willing to allow the destruction a their FATHERS company. again you do not spend 100 million to battle the teamsters if 50 million would have kept a decent contract. POOR BUSINESS DECISION PERIOD

What you think you know verse what is the truth are 2 different things. They did not want the strike any more than some others but a lot of the teamsters wanted it so it happened. They never said hey please go on strike okay this is what we want. They did not allow anything. It was the teamsters doing period. And it got them know where accept cold weather, headaches and little pay for 5 months or as they seems so proud of 157 days strong. You can say this and blame them till the cows come home, but it is not the true fact. Ed and Dave bought their dad out for the business. It was not just handed to them---they paid a fair price for becoming the owners of this company. And their dad backs his sons 100 % he is always aware of what is happening and he supports them totally.

Okay, I'll bite. Where did they get the money to buy the company? Was it "saved" while they worked for daddy? Was it "gifted" to them? Did they go out and earn it in an occupation totally separate and distinct from Oak Harbor, then come home to buy out the family business? Inquiring minds want to know.

I keep seeing you through around this figure of 100 Million, sure would like to know where you came up with this number because it is very mis-leading. The management I have spoken with said at the onset, the company took a loan for 10 million to hold throug. So please explain where you got this figure or stop thowing around inflated figures.

What you think you know verse what is the truth are 2 different things. They did not want the strike any more than some others but a lot of the teamsters wanted it so it happened. They never said hey please go on strike okay this is what we want. They did not allow anything. It was the teamsters doing period. And it got them know where accept cold weather, headaches and little pay for 5 months or as they seems so proud of 157 days strong. You can say this and blame them till the cows come home, but it is not the true fact. Ed and Dave bought their dad out for the business. It was not just handed to them---they paid a fair price for becoming the owners of this company. And their dad backs his sons 100 % he is always aware of what is happening and he supports them totally.

Give me a flipping break! If you actually believe this company rederick then you deserve everything you get! The vanderfools have intentionally pushed, and pushed for the strike. I am sure they would have preferred that we just bend over and take it, but atleast some of us have the nads to stand up against tyrany. You seem to think you know a lot about the vanderfools. Becareful though if they make a sudden stop, or turn you may break your nose.
How would you know what they paid for the (controling) share of the company? I am sure that Henry is REAL PROUD that his boys have single handedly destroyed a life time of work.
Teamsters did not want to strike, the company made it necessary! No one wins from a strike. If the vanderfools did not want this strike, then tell me why they intentionally broke multiple labor laws, and continue to do so even now that the Teamsters have gone back to work? Why is the company trying provoke the teamsters into another strike?:nutkick:

I keep seeing you through around this figure of 100 Million, sure would like to know where you came up with this number because it is very mis-leading. The management I have spoken with said at the onset, the company took a loan for 10 million to hold throug. So please explain where you got this figure or stop thowing around inflated figures.

to simp lify for u lesst learn ed.
It is a numbers thing, you know its all about numbers right?
they are not true numbers you can say the same thing any other way, why spend 5000 dollars to fix a broken car if you could buy a new one for 2500. same idea. It makes absolutely no sence why they chose to spend all this money and loose all this business if it would have been cheaper to just keep things the way they were. Answer: they really thought they could be rid of the union by allowing them to strike then hire "replacements" and move on union free. That is so obvious. they have been spewing that kinda crap for a long time now and still continue with those same statements today.

o.k spend 10 million in a 5 month period to break the union instead of most likely 4 million over the coarse of 3 years to settle on a decent contract is that better for you . truth be told we dont know how much they spent all we can do is speculate but we do know that it wasnt cheap and it would've benefited every one involved both company,REGULAR EMPLOYEES,and customers sorry replacements you no longer exist at ohfl

Thats a crock! I was paid 21.75 hr. by my old co. (which was not union)and still say you guys are a bunch of spoiled children. I've been in the LTL business for 20 yrs now and I'm thankful for you teamsters in one way...where we once entertained the idea of a union rep., I'm so glad we didnt do it! They dont really seem to do a darn thing but get you guys all riled up and then go nowhere with it. OHFL simply doesnt want to be pulled around but the nose ring any longer, and you guys have just simply pushed it to far. Look at you now, all that time picketing, and NOW your willing to just go with what you had in the first place???? Really, if your that unhappy with a paycheck, move on! Go find somewhere else that will be content with your whining, the whole lot of you. People will be there to replace you within 24 hours, bet on it!!

if you were paid so well than why did you have to leave your non union company could it be that you were not worth such a decent wage p.s it nice to know that you will wait by the phone for ohfl to call but remember you still wont be a permanent worker just a replacement you would be better off going to labor ready and work as a temp since obviously finding a permament job isnt what you are looking for

All I have seen yet in the way of incompetent workers are definitly ones that have someone protecting their job because if they did not, they would not have the job. Lazy, slow, uncoordinated who hide behind their protector so that their coworker has to work twice as hard cover their butt.

thats funny! you know it is kinda interesting that some of those crossers have been on the side your talking about, having been fired by ohfl to only have their job save by the union. yet ohfl continues to employ these people still today why? because they became such company robots that they do what their told when and do not ask questions. so if youre going to spew incompetance out there better start with those lazy slow uncoordinated ones that are being put up on a such a high pedestal nowadays, you know the line crossers, thats a top knotch crew right there:sheep:

thats funny! you know it is kinda interesting that some of those crossers have been on the side your talking about, having been fired by ohfl to only have their job save by the union. yet ohfl continues to employ these people still today why? because they became such company robots that they do what their told when and do not ask questions. so if youre going to spew incompetance out there better start with those lazy slow uncoordinated ones that are being put up on a such a high pedestal nowadays, you know the line crossers, thats a top knotch crew right there:sheep:

I will tell you this, I have worked with alot of good people in this company and I have worked with not so good. The problem sometimes seems to be that the best only have to be as good as the worst and be compensated the same. Do you feel good about that? Are you amoung the best? Do you just tolerate the worst because you get what you want? Answer some legitimate questions here instead of being a one side no it all! Face the truth. I don't think you really believe all the horrible things you spew about the company or you would just walk away. And to dig in my old posts and have to respond, just shows you are a frustrated individual with nothing to do but complain. You no what, the company has a great crew. Maybe you are part of it or maybe not. Maybe you are down on the seniority list and not working, I don't know. However if you are one of the true qualified employees, I hope you have returned or will return soon. Line crossers or whatever you wish to call them are here because they care about the company as well as their families. This nation is in a turmoil and if you think it is about taking care of your Union and its Borthers and Sisters, I have news for you. There are millions ready to accept and appreciate what the Oak family has to offer. They can go on and have a good life in a tough world or choose to fight for everything being free to them. The only thing that is still free is this country. That gives us the right to make choices. Make choices that are best for you just as I am sure the company will do. The owners as all owners of companies must make choices that are not always the best in everyones eyes. They are made based on profit as well as stability in the respective market. Do you see stability in the trucking industry? please point it out. Good luck you as well as the rest of us in this industy. We will all work hard to keep it alive I am sure.

I will tell you this, I have worked with alot of good people in this company and I have worked with not so good. The problem sometimes seems to be that the best only have to be as good as the worst and be compensated the same. Do you feel good about that? Are you amoung the best? Do you just tolerate the worst because you get what you want? Answer some legitimate questions here instead of being a one side no it all! Face the truth. I don't think you really believe all the horrible things you spew about the company or you would just walk away. And to dig in my old posts and have to respond, just shows you are a frustrated individual with nothing to do but complain. You no what, the company has a great crew. Maybe you are part of it or maybe not. Maybe you are down on the seniority list and not working, I don't know. However if you are one of the true qualified employees, I hope you have returned or will return soon. Line crossers or whatever you wish to call them are here because they care about the company as well as their families. This nation is in a turmoil and if you think it is about taking care of your Union and its Borthers and Sisters, I have news for you. There are millions ready to accept and appreciate what the Oak family has to offer. They can go on and have a good life in a tough world or choose to fight for everything being free to them. The only thing that is still free is this country. That gives us the right to make choices. Make choices that are best for you just as I am sure the company will do. The owners as all owners of companies must make choices that are not always the best in everyones eyes. They are made based on profit as well as stability in the respective market. Do you see stability in the trucking industry? please point it out. Good luck you as well as the rest of us in this industy. We will all work hard to keep it alive I am sure.
You can't be serious. Basically we should just all boot lick and be thankful we still have a job. Have you seen the VP's make any concessions in their life style. Do they still live in their million plus households? Have Ed or Dave had to give up a couple of golf games? Is Ohfl still paying for their kids to go to college in their company cars? But we should all be thankful for the little they throw our way.

Ed and Dave bought their dad out for the business. It was not just handed to them---they paid a fair price for becoming the owners of this company. And their dad backs his sons 100 % he is always aware of what is happening and he supports them totally.

Majortrucker, you were asked a direct question as to how Ed and Dave could afford to purchase this company. You have made many other posts since you posted this, why can you not answer the question? you made a statement now please provide something to back up what you said, if you can:loser:

Majortrucker, you were asked a direct question as to how Ed and Dave could afford to purchase this company. You have made many other posts since you posted this, why can you not answer the question? you made a statement now please provide something to back up what you said, if you can:loser:

They bought several years ago when Henry retired. I don't know the financial ins and outs of it but they are dual owners. They bought it from their dad. They bought him out. I am sure that really should not be any ones concern actually. But the Company is theirs. If you have any doubts about what I have said then please feel free to ask Henry when you see him. It is no secret and he will tell you.

You can't be serious. Basically we should just all boot lick and be thankful we still have a job. Have you seen the VP's make any concessions in their life style. Do they still live in their million plus households? Have Ed or Dave had to give up a couple of golf games? Is Ohfl still paying for their kids to go to college in their company cars? But we should all be thankful for the little they throw our way.

Why should they make any concessions, they have all the risk. You have none 000000. They can live how ever they please, get it. No you don't get it, you think someone owes you something. You are definitly one of those riding shirt tales of the real workers. And yes you should be thankful. But you are not because you can't even get that for free. By the way your post shows how much you know and the fact you have no truth in your posts, Dave doesn't play golf.

They bought several years ago when Henry retired. I don't know the financial ins and outs of it but they are dual owners. They bought it from their dad. They bought him out. I am sure that really should not be any ones concern actually. But the Company is theirs. If you have any doubts about what I have said then please feel free to ask Henry when you see him. It is no secret and he will tell you.

So the answer is that you said they earned the company, but now you don't know that they did. Interesting answer.:clap::clap:

Why should they make any concessions, they have all the risk. You have none 000000. They can live how ever they please, get it. No you don't get it, you think someone owes you something. You are definitly one of those riding shirt tales of the real workers. And yes you should be thankful. But you are not because you can't even get that for free. By the way your post shows how much you know and the fact you have no truth in your posts, Dave doesn't play golf.

This reply is so far shoved up someones ***:butt kiss::butt kiss: I hope you are not working. Because the guys that are who stood the line do not feel this way. By the way we really don't care what Dave's vices are, and how would you know all this if you weren't buried up somewhere. PS please scrape off your nose.