What we really want

So the answer is that you said they earned the company, but now you don't know that they did. Interesting answer.:clap::clap:

I do know that they bought it the company from their dad but I do not know the cost or how they went about getting the money to pay him. They did not earn it, they bought it. Please move on to another topic. This is no one business on the financial part of this. They own the company peroid. Take your questions directly to Henry if you doubt what I am saying.

I do know that they bought it the company from their dad but I do not know the cost or how they went about getting the money to pay him. They did not earn it, they bought it. Please move on to another topic. This is no one business on the financial part of this. They own the company peroid. Take your questions directly to Henry if you doubt what I am saying.

I read your posts just to watch you contradict yourself, otherwise you really are just wasting space talking about your feelings.:sleep: Also you were asked about the comment you made of how "Dave and Ed are good people with good values". All that comment brought was negative feedback from people who have seen the owners in action, do you have any examples? anything backing your comment?.
You make those comments then :17: like a bea-och when the truth comes out and say our comments are inappropiate.:loser:

I will tell you this, I have worked with alot of good people in this company and I have worked with not so good. The problem sometimes seems to be that the best only have to be as good as the worst and be compensated the same. Do you feel good about that? Are you amoung the best? Do you just tolerate the worst because you get what you want? Answer some legitimate questions here instead of being a one side no it all! Face the truth. I don't think you really believe all the horrible things you spew about the company or you would just walk away. And to dig in my old posts and have to respond, just shows you are a frustrated individual with nothing to do but complain. You no what, the company has a great crew. Maybe you are part of it or maybe not. Maybe you are down on the seniority list and not working, I don't know. However if you are one of the true qualified employees, I hope you have returned or will return soon. Line crossers or whatever you wish to call them are here because they care about the company as well as their families. This nation is in a turmoil and if you think it is about taking care of your Union and its Borthers and Sisters, I have news for you. There are millions ready to accept and appreciate what the Oak family has to offer. They can go on and have a good life in a tough world or choose to fight for everything being free to them. The only thing that is still free is this country. That gives us the right to make choices. Make choices that are best for you just as I am sure the company will do. The owners as all owners of companies must make choices that are not always the best in everyones eyes. They are made based on profit as well as stability in the respective market. Do you see stability in the trucking industry? please point it out. Good luck you as well as the rest of us in this industy. We will all work hard to keep it alive I am sure.

ohfl was on top! when you talk about stability it blows me away that they would throw that away. again the writing on the wall is crystal clear they did not do this for profitability they have spent way more than anything the union would have asked for so how can that be profitability. I work for a great company with great people so if we have the best why try to eliminate them? yes OHFL! and I hope we can recover to be the best again! America is in turmoil because of corporate greed in other sectors so it makes sence for it to bleed to our industry.

The whole time we were being subjected to watching those inane propaganda videos the VP's foisted on us, I was thinking how they were saying how much they wanted a contract both sides could live with, and how my reaction was, "Methinks they doth protest too much".

Actions speak louder than words. Their actions have made it clear that their intent was to never reach an acceptable agreement. their actions showed that they wanted the union GONE! And their actions bely their so-called and much advertised Christian values by being anything but Christian.

Anybody can talk the talk, but walking the walk? We haven't seen that from the VP's at all during this whole stupid affair...

just curious why you would make a statement like that but as soon as people ask for the details you just wanna run and hide the truth is that that is what they told you. you really dont know how they acquired the company but it would be fair to assume that it was given to them no matter what sheisty paper work scam they used to cover it up . i believe that it is easier for you to listen with eyes glued shut since you cant see what has happened right in front of you

Why should they make any concessions, they have all the risk. You have none 000000. They can live how ever they please, get it. No you don't get it, you think someone owes you something. You are definitly one of those riding shirt tales of the real workers. And yes you should be thankful. But you are not because you can't even get that for free. By the way your post shows how much you know and the fact you have no truth in your posts, Dave doesn't play golf.

ok so dave likes to go to baseball games and basket oh that team moved oh well maybe he will count that as a concession . now to get back on topic YES the company owes us what might you ask 1.a descent wage comparible to the market 2.a retirement program that we have stated we want to keep they arent even participating in the plan described in their choices b.s. 3. health care that is as affordible to use and to purchase if not the current union plan it would atleast have to be a fixed rate not this percentage crap . 4. RESPECT we have helped make this company what it is today how many new terminals did they open in the last 5 years or better yet in the last 90 years the employees did their part which made it easier on the owner to expand the boys just got caught taking advantage of that willingness of the employees to make this company a long lasting facility

just curious why you would make a statement like that but as soon as people ask for the details you just wanna run and hide the truth is that that is what they told you. you really dont know how they acquired the company but it would be fair to assume that it was given to them no matter what sheisty paper work scam they used to cover it up . i believe that it is easier for you to listen with eyes glued shut since you cant see what has happened right in front of you

What I said was fact. I also asked to you to check with Henry himself, he would not lie. Any way whats it to you. You guys have nothing better to do than run people down make fun of them not stick to the facts. Yo act like a jerk. Check your own closet first and clean it up before you start throwing rocks, insults and untruths around.

What I said was fact. I also asked to you to check with Henry himself, he would not lie. Any way whats it to you. You guys have nothing better to do than run people down make fun of them not stick to the facts. Yo act like a jerk. Check your own closet first and clean it up before you start throwing rocks, insults and untruths around.

Ok so you want facts?
The brothers do NOT care about their employees as they claimed that they did. The employees mean nothing to them they have shown that time, and time again. Simply put if they don't get their own way they don't want to play.
The brothers provoked the strike that they have so far endured, and are doing their best to provoke another.
The brothers have broken multiple labor laws, and continue to do so even now. I REALLY do hope that the NLRB comes down on them HARD!
With these two spoiled brats in charge the company is destined to fail. The ONLY thing that they care about is themselves!
Now you will spout off something about the anger..... Hell yes I am angry. I am angry that individuals such as these forget who butters their bread, and then try to run rough shod over them simply because they think that they are better than every one else. If it were not for the hard working employees they would not have made it to the status that they once were. I have seen it more than once. A man spends his life building something that he can be proud of just to see their spoiled greedy brats destroy it simply because of self centered greed, and stupidity.
To bad that Henry didn't break it up, and give them each what he started out with so they had to actually work for something. Then maybe they would have just a little respect for what they had, but they would not have made it that way, actually having to work for something.:TR10driving03:

Better check OAKHanswers, they just posted a letter from the NLRB, dismissing the ULP charges of surface bargaining. Another swing and miss for the teamsters.

Better check OAKHanswers, they just posted a letter from the NLRB, dismissing the ULP charges of surface bargaining. Another swing and miss for the teamsters.

I read that also, but there charges that have not even been filed by the Teamsters yet because the company cannot make decisions on several issues. With as many charges filed and as many charges pending some of these are going hit home and do some damage. Contract talks tomorrow and we'll all know more after that.

you know I find it hard to belive that the boys bought the company. if they did it was with daddy's money. do any of you remember when ed sat in a meeting one day and asked all of the Washington residents to vote against the inheritance tax measure that would have cost them a fortune if passed? If you google ed vp you can find all sorts of things out there from their almost daily golf scores at various clubs as well as the many foundations they contribute big bucks to in order to defeat any measure regarding the inheritance tax that they would have to pay when it happens. so a statement regarding them buying it from henry holds no water, in my opinion.

my closet is clean you see i dont have enough free time to go out or what not and as for asking henry what makes you think i trust him him to give the truth after all he did leave his co. to his spoiled brat sons if you think that i am acting like a jerk it is because i have been jerked around for too long so if you cannot prove your so called facts then go kick rocks p.s i dont have a problem admitting that i speculate on this board but my speculations make more sense than the crap you put out those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Ok so you want facts?
The brothers do NOT care about their employees as they claimed that they did. The employees mean nothing to them they have shown that time, and time again. Simply put if they don't get their own way they don't want to play.
The brothers provoked the strike that they have so far endured, and are doing their best to provoke another.
The brothers have broken multiple labor laws, and continue to do so even now. I REALLY do hope that the NLRB comes down on them HARD!
With these two spoiled brats in charge the company is destined to fail. The ONLY thing that they care about is themselves!
Now you will spout off something about the anger..... Hell yes I am angry. I am angry that individuals such as these forget who butters their bread, and then try to run rough shod over them simply because they think that they are better than every one else. If it were not for the hard working employees they would not have made it to the status that they once were. I have seen it more than once. A man spends his life building something that he can be proud of just to see their spoiled greedy brats destroy it simply because of self centered greed, and stupidity.
To bad that Henry didn't break it up, and give them each what he started out with so they had to actually work for something. Then maybe they would have just a little respect for what they had, but they would not have made it that way, actually having to work for something.:TR10driving03:

You really need to get a life man...and get your facts straight
Yoo don't even know what you are talking about. You are actually funny and sad at the same time. Sounds like yo are talking about your family. Stick to the facts. These are not the facts. :Off-Topic:

my closet is clean you see i dont have enough free time to go out or what not and as for asking henry what makes you think i trust him him to give the truth after all he did leave his co. to his spoiled brat sons if you think that i am acting like a jerk it is because i have been jerked around for too long so if you cannot prove your so called facts then go kick rocks p.s i dont have a problem admitting that i speculate on this board but my speculations make more sense than the crap you put out those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Grow up and get a life man ...you are sad sad man.

I read that also, but there charges that have not even been filed by the Teamsters yet because the company cannot make decisions on several issues. With as many charges filed and as many charges pending some of these are going hit home and do some damage. Contract talks tomorrow and we'll all know more after that.

This doesn't seem to make much sense. Charges that have not been filed? That is trying to make a decision on a question that hasn't been asked. From everything that has been said on these boards, it is not that they can not make decisions, it is that you guys are not happy with the ones they have made. From what I have seen, many of the decisions have not been easy ones either. That is why they are the boss and they are taking the flack for it. To say there are many more charges to be filed is idiotic. I guess the idea being is to keep throwing things at the wall until something sticks. That is where the union has miss led you, but you keep name calling and bashing the people that make it possible for you to make a paycheck.. If you have a ligitimate complaint, state it and let the powers at be, right any wrong. When they rule, just as they have, again, deal with it, and if you can't, it is time to move on. As someone suggested, there is a lot of equipment around real cheap, form your own company and become the compitition. Being successful can be your best revenge. By the way, this is not directed at you or anyone in particular, no offense ment to anyone. Just my thoughts

You really need to get a life man...and get your facts straight
Yoo don't even know what you are talking about. You are actually funny and sad at the same time. Sounds like yo are talking about your family. Stick to the facts. These are not the facts. :Off-Topic:

Yes these are SOME of the facts. Actually apparently I have a lot better idea of what I am talking about than you do. You wouldn't know a fact of it bit you in the ***.
But I'll tell you what, you just keep on sticking up for these spoiled brats, and go down the drain with them. Besides we need some one to prove wrong..... :nutkick:

Grow up and get a life man ...you are sad sad man.

thats pretty harsh kev oh i mean major trucker or is it major ops mngr i'm not sad just seem too have some extra time on my hands maybe i'll find a hobby to keep me busy but my opinion of these greedy company owners will not change they think they can give me a couple of lame choices to choose from and then when there is a problem they can tell me i picked the wrong one well i got news for you guys if it aint broke dont fix it

If you have a ligitimate complaint, state it and let the powers at be, right any wrong. When they rule, just as they have, again, deal with it, and if you can't, it is time to move on.

complaint has been made, nlrb ruled, no replacements union stays! practice what YOU preach tell ed and dave to stop the continued attack on the teamsters with bogus de cert petitions. AS YOU PUT IT MOVE ON, put a offer on the table get a vote and we can start to rebiuld. all they had to do in the first place was bargain fairly and get a contract that kept things the same instead of screwing us over and all this would have been avoided.

complaint has been made, nlrb ruled, no replacements union stays! practice what YOU preach tell ed and dave to stop the continued attack on the teamsters with bogus de cert petitions. AS YOU PUT IT MOVE ON, put a offer on the table get a vote and we can start to rebiuld. all they had to do in the first place was bargain fairly and get a contract that kept things the same instead of screwing us over and all this would have been avoided.

It has been proven that they did bargain fairly, apparently you refuse to accept the decision by the NLRB. (But if it was in your favor I'm sure you would praise them)

They did put an offer on the table. So vote on it and start to rebuild. Or is the local not ready to let you vote for some other reason?

It has been proven that they did bargain fairly, apparently you refuse to accept the decision by the NLRB. (But if it was in your favor I'm sure you would praise them)

They did put an offer on the table. So vote on it and start to rebuild. Or is the local not ready to let you vote for some other reason?

Once again you do not speak the truth. Nowhere does anything say that Oak Harbor bargained fairly. What it does say is that they did not bargain in bad faith. There is a lot of ground between bargaing in bad faith and bargaining fairly.