TForce | What will happen to Gaffney?

LaidBackBlack

TB Lurker
Credits
This is the proposed I-85 widening project for one of the Gaffney, SC exits. The yellow stands for existing road and green stands for new road.

I-85_PH_Display_5.pdf

Someone mentioned it to me and I did a little research and found this, but I have not heard anything from any Gaffney drivers.

Isn't Gaffney the hub for the South East? Unless they start more direct routs from the other barns I can't see them rerouting freight.
At hrs when we were routing around Gaffney it all but crippled the dock operation, we had 15 less strip doors for that week.

Taking away that many strip doors from a 193 door barn that uses every door was a pretty big deal.

Isn't Gaffney the hub for the South East? Unless they start more direct routs from the other barns I can't see them rerouting freight.
At hrs when we were routing around Gaffney it all but crippled the dock operation, we had 15 less strip doors for that week.

Taking away that many strip doors from a 193 door barn that uses every door was a pretty big deal.
Yes, That would make a huge change of operations...

From the looks of that picture there is enough land at the other end of the building to extend the operation out the other end without losing any capacity.

Rumor has it that old peach shed was sold to the state of SC for 7 to 9 million plus tax incentives. It will be moving to Charlotte. That's just rumors amongest drivers. So nobody freak out take it with a grain of salt.

Gaffneyroaddriver hows that yankee from Wallingford CT doing?
Is he still working there?
Said he would call me haven't heard a peep out of him since he transferred down there.