XPO | What will it take ?

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
What would it take for you to say I had it and quit? What would be the final straw ? We been owned by Xpo for long enough now to know what we can expect from them ( or what not to expect ), so at this point if they take vacation time, increase insurance premiums or continue to degrade working conditions what would push you to say enough is enough?

There’s a lot of people that are still making a lot of money working there arse off. And there are a lot of them that are ******* deep in debt. And a lot of them that have been here too long that are either riding the ship down or waiting on there 85 factor to get out. There’s a lot of them that run 500-600 mile Nite runs and work dock 2-3 hrs. That’s still a decent take home. Hell we got city guys max out every week. Until they get deep in there take home pay a lot will ride it out.

Staying in the industry? It would take another carrier to start me at top rate. I'd be willing to eat the seniority and leave tomorrow if they did.

Currently trying to get out of trucking all together without screwing my family financially. Couple sticks in the fire but they haven't quite caught yet.

I'm ready to leave but not simply quit. Yet.

Staying in the industry? It would take another carrier to start me at top rate. I'd be willing to eat the seniority and leave tomorrow if they did.

Currently trying to get out of trucking all together without screwing my family financially. Couple sticks in the fire but they haven't quite caught yet.

I'm ready to leave but not simply quit. Yet.
I take back the word " quite " poor choice let's say " move on " instead.

Loss of PTO time is a huge player for me as well as many guys I work with. What else do we have that separates us from a 3 year topped out employee besides JSP?
Nothing.
If PTO is reduced for the "legacy" employees, we will have no financial/beneficial gain that separates us from less senior employees, making us almost equal.
The employees that have put in the time and work to help this company grow into the economic monster it is deserve better than those who haven't.
When PTO was changed for new employees, we should see that we are being set up for having our time reduced for equal fairness. It's coming, I hate say.
If and when our PTO is reduced, I will start to look for other means of a paycheck hopefully outside the LTL sector.

I think PTO, the pay scale, and JSP are the top 3 keeping senior people around everywhere, not just at XPO. Blow those up and LTL will have OTR levels of turnover. I don't think the other benefits really matter that much, in general. At this point I think people expect healthcare to go up, policy to be fluid, and a wide variety of approaches to "efficiency" at the SIC level.

I'm still waiting for him to "show us some love."

It definitely showed his inexperience with truck drivers that he was willing to make such a broad "promise" to a group of people that really struggle with objectivity. I really don't think he meant what 95% of us seem to think he meant.

Although nearby terminal is severely short of drivers , FOS's , salespeople , weights and measures person , and dockworkers , terminal manager refuses to adjust management style to situation.

Managers head-up-ass style of running operations seems to be exactly what it takes to make people leave. If you go up the ladder , the instructions and goals given to terminal managers and supervisors is unrealistic and goalposts keep moving just out of reach causing most decent people to leave.

Look how many openings are in management on EVERY level. Even with these no-compete clauses , people are abandoning this company in droves. In an economy where there are choices , XPO is not the first choice and they have a TERRIBLE word-of-mouth in the LTL world ( compared to a few years ago when it was Con-way )

It definitely showed his inexperience with truck drivers that he was willing to make such a broad "promise" to a group of people that really struggle with objectivity. I really don't think he meant what 95% of us seem to think he meant.
It was a PR stunt for investment and to get us to buy in to his opaque bs to stoke our flames of productivity.
And yes, we all fell for it.

Struggle with objectivity, in an industry were the workers have been treated like ::shit:: and still struggle more than ever.... Can you blame them.

There’s a lot of people that are still making a lot of money working there arse off. And there are a lot of them that are :censored: deep in debt. And a lot of them that have been here too long that are either riding the ship down or waiting on there 85 factor to get out. There’s a lot of them that run 500-600 mile Nite runs and work dock 2-3 hrs. That’s still a decent take home. Hell we got city guys max out every week. Until they get deep in there take home pay a lot will ride it out.
No offense but a 100k is not a lot of money these days especially when your working 70 hours for it. 40 hour work week is considered a full time job 70 hrs is almost double that.

Struggle with objectivity, in an industry were the workers have been treated like :::shit::: and still struggle more than ever.... Can you blame them.

Well yeah, I can. Your attitude is the one thing you have control over- some of you give up way too easy. Most of us don't think we're treated like s**t, and most of us aren't "struggling more than ever". It's all just a big act so people will join your pity party.

No offense but a 100k is not a lot of money these days especially when your working 70 hours for it. 40 hour work week is considered a full time job 70 hrs is almost double that.

100k is one hell of a lot of money to drive a truck. And 40 hours is full time? I thought you were a truck driver?

3Lpubvb.jpg