What Will They Pay Us?

bigbird42368

TB Veteran
Credits
I had asked this question on another forum getting the view from other company drivers.I thought i
would see what all the Wilson driver had to say.I think we'll end up getting 2 more cpm,so it will be easy for them to keep up with.​

2cpm overall or just when we pull them.Some drivers are on runs where they will probrably never pull doubles,while others have runs where it will be the norm.

hi 9fan,good to have you here,yes your right some of our lanes want pull them so that is a good thought,i think we should get 1 hr @top pay in your term. for a full set,if you hook up and break the set down you should get the full hr,but i guess no one really knows right now but Chuck Wilson

I think we'll end up getting 2 more cpm,so it will be easy for them to keep up with.
2cpm extra may sound good,but you might end up getting screwed.
Exsample: Driver (1) leaves CLT with a set going straight to MFS. 2 cents extra is great.

Driver (2) leaves CLT with a Knx/MFS set. Stops and kicks the KNX pup in KNX and hooks a NAS pup to the MFS pup. Stops and kicks the NAS pup in NAS and hooks another MFS pup and then on to MFS.

Both drivers would have made the same amount of money, but driver (2) worked a whole lot more.:duh:

I would push for Drop and Hook pay or Clock Time.

top hand your exactly right,we do need drop and hook pay,i would say atleast 30 min. pay to drop and hook a pup and 30 for hook and drop the whole set,but big daddy chuck makes the rules and we'll have to see

pay for doubles

I think we should be paid at least what we are worth so we can start at $100. a drop and hook what do you think Bird.:hysterical:

what kind of mileage and hourly pay do you guys get now? also way do you think wilson is going to start going to pups all of a sudden?

pups

They have instructed us to get are doubles endorsement by a certain date. And they have purchased a lot of pups and dolly's
Most of are dolly's have super singles on them what do you or anyone now about super singles. Most of us have never pulled doubles w/ these super singles on the dolly.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

why do you think wilson is going to start going to pups all of a sudden?
I was wondering the same thing,nightowl.I drive for Averitt and we have phased out all of our pups(Thank Goodness), and only pull 53ft and 48ft trailers. I have also noticed the "Big Dawgs"(ABF,Roadway and Yellow) are pulling more and more 53ft trailers.
But hey, what do I know, I'm just a "Dumb Ol' Truckdriver".:TR10driving03:

Most of are dolly's have super singles on them, what do you or anyone know about super singles? Most of us have never pulled doubles w/ these super singles on the dolly.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2
BigW-RD, I would suggest you ask the guys at FEDEX and O.D. I know they are pulling a lot of the dollies with the "Super Singles". They can give you some insight.:1036316054:

nightowl,we are about 4 cpm less then Big R and yellow.We do not get any HRLY pay except for drug test,we get 1 hr top pay at your home term. avrg around 20 bucks

I wonder how itll be for us lowly floaters...and wouldnt loading the trailers right be even more crutial with pups??? I can show you scale tickets with 42k in the nose and 22k in the back!!! loading seems to be an issue at some terminals grrrrr

Howzit at Wilson

Does Wilson use LH drivers. I'm with another carrier and we're suffering from buyout blues. I've only talked two a couple of Wilson drivers and they seemed satisfied with the comp.:USA:

yes,i am a line haul driver,Wilson is the best company i have ever worked for,i don't know were you live but right now we are only hiring in Fl