FedEx Freight | What would YOU do to make FXF better?

What do you find so offensive about wanting a decent raise? We havent even had a cost of living raise in years. The Purple Pride isnt enough for all of us.

Who said I was offended? I'm just trying to get you to see how good you have it and that just because another company makes a little more than you doesn't always equate to a good thing. You are failing to see my point so I bid you adieu.

Now they can not or will never be able to get steady service out of PT. All that bull**** about PT taking our jobs is crazy. You can never hire a contractor to give a ****. That's a fact look at Fedex ground.

Easy boy of many beers. I didn't say it going to happen, I just said if Fedex could get the same service out of the pt for less they would replace you in a heart beat.

Guardrail said:
Who said I was offended? I'm just trying to get you to see how good you have it and that just because another company makes a little more than you doesn't always equate to a good thing. You are failing to see my point so I bid you adieu.

You have no point,I wasnt complaining about anything else. Im treated well and have been on the same route for years. I know how good I have it,but if we are supposed to be a world class company why arent we paid like one? Im not some new guy either,Im from the AF days.

You have no point,I wasnt complaining about anything else. Im treated well and have been on the same route for years. I know how good I have it,but if we are supposed to be a world class company why arent we paid like one? Im not some new guy either,Im from the AF days.

I'd say .5627 is a world class wage. Have you checked the going rate outside the LTL world? The going rate in the "other" side is around .32 a mile. Get a clue fartsmeller. Are there companies out there that pay more? Yes. Take a look at their equipment and facilities. I'd rather make a few cents less and drive better equipment.

The problem, as I see it, is you have been sheltered in the LTL world for too long. There are people working 2 and 3 jobs to make 1/2 as much as you do and you are complaining about a cost of living raise. Get a grip and come back to reality. People would give their left nut to get a job like the one you have. Try being happy that you have a job that affords you the finer things in life for a change.

Not to be an ass fartknocker but aren't you all upwards of 23 per hr? My pay is based off of 17.44 and a top of 19 something, "its a union thang", you guys do better than most and WAY better than many. Correct me if I'm wrong by all means.. :)

GT

The title of the thread asks "What would you do to make Fedex better". And I answered. What the OTR companies pay is irrelevant. I didnt think it was a huge bank breaking undertaking to put us up to an even $23.00. What are we waiting for? They will always be buying new equipment and facilities,there is no end. Like you I dont mind making a little less to have good equipment,but we make more then a little less. Our mileage is right up there,but hourly isnt.

grocerythrower said:
Not to be an ass fartknocker but aren't you all upwards of 23 per hr? My pay is based off of 17.44 and a top of 19 something, "its a union thang", you guys do better than most and WAY better than many. Correct me if I'm wrong by all means.. :)

GT

Nope,we are mostly under 23.00 unless your in a union town.

grocerythrower said:
Gotcha Brother! In this day and age, 17.44 @ 40 hrs don't pay the bills, 23 ain't much better when you get right down to the nutt cuttin, its still better than most. You are blessed Bro! So am I!

And Im not complaining! I just dont see why we cant get a decent raise,its been a while. I suppose this year we will either get .30 or nothing,wait and see I guess.

I would put FLC's back in hubs. that way when a driver has a problem on the road they can talk to some one that knows where we r at and understands what we are dealing with. Not a person in hro. that has never been in the state we are in. Or has no idea that just because the map shows a town near by that we can get help there. just an example bad whether running out of hours. telling them that i cant make it to point b. but go as far as u can and shut it down. Ok so now instead of letting me stop where i was where there is a motel food and fuel. They want me to run out my log book then i am stuck in the middle of nowhere. out in mt. we don't have a lot of options on where we stop so we might have to cut it short because things r few and far between. that goes back to they just don't listen or give a crap.

Who said anything about getting paid to sit in the parking lot? I have no problem with a guy sleeping and getting rest before he has to turn back. I realize you obviously don't like the idea of a guy just strictly driving but I guess it's just a matter of opinion

I've always had a problem with this policy. Driving should be left to drivers and loading/unloading should be left to dock professionals. I've seen hundreds of examples of pissed off drivers just cramming freight in the box with no regard to the company whatsoever. But I'm sure there's plenty of drivers who like the added benifit of dock work for extra money. But as for me? Give me the extra sleepy time

I agree! I became a driver to drive not to work a dock. I will do what i have to to keep job at this point but could care less about getting on a dock and humping freight. Just let me drive! if i cant make enough money cause i get stuck with to short a run I'll go somewhere else.

what would i do to make the company better? hhhmmmm if i were rich i would quit so they wouldn't have to pay me 30,000 yr. help them save some money

Could'nt say it any better, don't forget "have fun" or enjoy doing it... this place is no longer fun, we are no longer people/family, but numbers/business.

Just another LTL company.

There are some good points here, and some... well offbeat. I am going to be going back through and jotting a few down, with NO names, as I have been one of the chosen to go to a roundtable discussion with Mr. L. Please keep going with this, as it happens next week. Its only about city however, my understanding is the linehaul will have their own forum later. Thanks to all for the input, dont know how much if any will be able to bring up, but want as many ideas as possible. (issues and solutions) Not pertaining to local problems, what would be good for national level. Example: Delivering paperless, all paperwork across board, you know what I mean. :D

i would try and have zero runs under 200 miles so the guys on the bottom of the board can at least make a living...........

The biggest thing is to remember the numbers on the spreadsheet are people. Employees make the company, not the other way around. Take care of your employees and they will take care of the company. Abuse them and they will return the favor.

There are some good points here, and some... well offbeat. I am going to be going back through and jotting a few down, with NO names, as I have been one of the chosen to go to a roundtable discussion with Mr. L. Please keep going with this, as it happens next week. Its only about city however, my understanding is the linehaul will have their own forum later. Thanks to all for the input, dont know how much if any will be able to bring up, but want as many ideas as possible. (issues and solutions) Not pertaining to local problems, what would be good for national level. Example: Delivering paperless, all paperwork across board, you know what I mean. :D
Roundtable with Mr. L. sounds like another attempt to blow smoke, don't really think anything will be accomplished except to appease some kool-aid drinkers