FedEx Freight | What would YOU do to make FXF better?

There are some good points here, and some... well offbeat. I am going to be going back through and jotting a few down, with NO names, as I have been one of the chosen to go to a roundtable discussion with Mr. L. Please keep going with this, as it happens next week. Its only about city however, my understanding is the linehaul will have their own forum later. Thanks to all for the input, dont know how much if any will be able to bring up, but want as many ideas as possible. (issues and solutions) Not pertaining to local problems, what would be good for national level. Example: Delivering paperless, all paperwork across board, you know what I mean. :D

Really. Why would a sit-down be needed with the Big man? I mean if he wants to join in he can. We are just like a bunch of old ladies at a county fair sewing a quilt and talking.

Don't know if this has been said, since thread is at 13 pages, but make it mandatory for ALL supervisors and above to read truckingboards DAILY. I know since I started reading it, my koolaid blurred eyes have been opened. However, still think the IND hub is above par in comparison to other hubs.

CaptainKirk said:
Don't know if this has been said, since thread is at 13 pages, but make it mandatory for ALL supervisors and above to read truckingboards DAILY. I know since I started reading it, my koolaid blurred eyes have been opened. However, still think the IND hub is above par in comparison to other hubs.

Most red shirts would lock up with all the common sense thrown around here. We also don't put numbers and pretty graphs to things.
Ever seen a deer run out in front of you at night.
That's what you would see.
Red shirts getting ran over by Toyota forktrucks by truckloads

I don't think it'd hurt to require supervisors to have worked the dock for at least 6 months before even being considered for that position. We have red shirts who can barely operate a lift, let alone work safely around one.

you know back in the day you started off working the dock made your way to a driver then
work your wat into the office if you wanted to and you got all the training you needed. now
if you have a college degree in changing baby diapers,fedex will hire you as a red shirt. look
at bill.c has know clue what he is doing but he gets to hold that position cause of his education.
randy.p if it wont for the smith system he would have no clue but he has an education. charlie-
and darrell in are famous h.r.dept now that is two jobs that was handed to 2 dummies.i think
if you have not started at the bottom you should never reach the top. **** on education...

I don't know how exactly to respond to that, but we do have two or three red shirts who use up several hours of dock time each night asking guys to re-work trailers or empty trash cans when they could have easily done it themselves. That's money that could be spent elsewhere, and complaining that could have never happened in the first place.

Meanwhile we have a former PT dock worker how gets like 12 bills per hour, never complains, and generally helps out when he's needed.

Bottom line: he knows the drill, he sees what needs to be done and makes it happen. The other guys don't, and then drivers are late and complain ect.

The first thing that needs to be done it get rid of the package guy, and put a "FREIGHT" person in charge. Someone who knows the freight bidness, we are not a package company and I'm not a pilot or an engineer.

pops11359 said:
The first thing that needs to be done it get rid of the package guy, and put a "FREIGHT" person in charge. Someone who knows the freight bidness, we are not a package company and I'm not a pilot or an engineer.

Nobody in the high office and most centers knows "freight" anymore.

if you want to change fedex turn it back into american freightways and
get rid of all the dummies in richmond,va,what a waste of money to have
to pay them guys. fat head hunley he has know clue all he ever did was work
on the dock,if he put on his app he had supervisor experience he lied so they
should fire him for false written documents. dont beleve me ask g.williams.
well i guess they cant help it they were trained by big head (cherry).......

Bug-eye seen in the pickle park this morning,person said
he dont know what he was doing but his feet was hanging
out of another drivers door.... Bugeye you have to pay taxes
on that money you are making at the pickle park....

I don't know about FedEx, but at my hole- I would put DEF in my fuel tank and coolant tank, just for laughs. I thought the tank with the blue cap was for washer solvent (joking). Since I was so well trained how to operate the new automatics and fifth wheel releases, from now on I'll say I did'nt know it needed any DEF, or I was'nt qualified/trained to operate the sophisticated new equiptment. What color tag do I need to do that? After a few of our staff put DEF in the fuel tanks, maybe then will FedEX will put qualified fuelers on to put our equipment away, fueled, clean and road ready for the next driver. What a joke.

Did anyone see the video or have training on what happens when the DEF tank goes dry? Maybe that disc is "in the mail".

do we have to have a blue badge clip holder to be able to put stuff in the tank with the blue cap?we have to have a certain color to operate a hosler and a certain color to operate a forklift.

first thing I would do is get rid of the fat around here, what is the point of having linehaul drivers if you arent gonna have work for them, I mean look at the drivers on here who havent worked in days or weeks(run I mean) and they are forced to drive a forklift for 3- 3.5 hrs at a clip and then split shift back in the A M. now if fedex is handling so much freight why is this happening. central is still cutting runs while purchase wagons are operating a large increase. fedex takes care of purchase drivers while their company drivers starve or get 35 - 40 on the dock now who on here moved to linehaul to be a full time dockworker? make sure you have enough runs for all the drivers before you line the pockets of purchase drivers, sorry but they dont wear the uniform. I guess what Im sayin is I would be loyal to the employees who give up family time and personal time before I would be loyal to any one of these purchase companies who get 5-6 bucks a mile(supposedly) thats my biggest complaint I guess about fredex. work is work no matter where you go, I would really like to see mine and everyone elses hard work be appreciated with a little loyalty