ODFL | What would you do ?

inthegame

TB Regular
Credits
Would you stop if you seen another OD truck on the side of the road with flashers on ?
Would you stop if you seen a OD truck in a accident ?
Would you stop if you seen a car on the side of the road with children in it broke down ?

It's too dangerous to stop on the side of the road. Way too many trucks get hit parked on the shoulder and then the driver and company get sued. With today's technology I would almost bet the farm the person in question has a smartphone and help is on the way.

In fact today I almost saw it happen... Broken down truck on the shoulder and a car in the right lane thought he was exiting and luckily realized what was going on before it was too late. But there was almost a serious accident as a result.

Breakdown that's why the number for road rescue is in the cab of every unit. Accident I'll stop if I'm the first one on the scene otherwise first sentence applies..Car with kids I call state patrol dispatch *47 in KS.

Stopping and parking on the shoulder is dangerous, illegal if haz mat & unnessarilly puts you and your company at risk. I will and have stopped in personal vehicle multiple times. These days, if in uniform, I think twice depending on situation though. Hate to get me or hand that feeds me sued for being Good Samaritan.

I stopped for a car carrier on the side of the road whose tires were smoking and lent support with the fire ex until we were sure the danger was past then i left that driver as he had called for help.. every incident is different. 99% of the time you don't stop. as stated everyone has a cell phone and the roads are patrolled by police.

I am with most of you. I call the state patrol/police all the time to call attention or help for people on the side. This week for example there was an elderly women on the should that nearly got hit when she was out of her car. It's just too dangerous anymore. I read on here several months ago of 2 FedEx trucks on the shoulder one broke down and the other helping, One of those poor guys isn't with us anymore. For gods sake, don't stop on a berm to pee. At least get to a ramp if its an emergency. An on ramp is better then an off ramp in my opinion if you need to stop. Everyone on there smartphones these days, it too risky to be stopped, you'll get hit by em. We see it everyday half the people can't move over for cops/tow trucks etc., they sure won't move for a stopped truck driver inspecting his equipment. Between phones and BLU the driver will find the answers or help they need.