What you need to know about Wilbur Ross and the Paradise Papers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...fcbb430fb0468e76540fb/?utm_term=.9c08c3019b47

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said on Nov. 6 that there's nothing "improper" about his investments in a shipping firm with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which came to light in the leaked "Paradise Papers."(Reuters)

The documents, called the Panama Papers, shed light the offshore financial dealings of a rich and powerful using the services of a Panamanian law firm called Mossack Fonseca.

Here’s what you need to know:

According to reports from a number of news outlets with access to the documents, the Paradise Papers show that Ross has maintained a stake in a shipping firm called Navigator Holdings after becoming commerce secretary. One of Navigator’s largest clients is a Russian natural gas firm called Sibur. Here’s the heart of the story, from The Times:

The shipper, Navigator Holdings, earns millions of dollars a year transporting gas for one of its top clients, a giant Russian energy company called Sibur, whose owners include the oligarch and Mr. Putin’s family member. Despite selling off numerous other holdings to join the Trump administration and spearhead its “America first” trade policy, Mr. Ross kept an investment in Navigator, which increased its business dealings with Sibur even as the West sought to punish Russia’s energy sector over Mr. Putin’s incursions into Ukraine.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...another scandal in this administration

2. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

But selling America's uranium to Russia is cool, huh?

3. Magoo

Hi Rastus!
    Did you say thats about number 19th White House personnel connected to the Russians?
    I'm not exactly sure on the number but I think your right

4. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Rosatom, the Russian nuclear energy agency,.....which has a 17% stake in Uranium 1,.....doesn't have an export license to sell that uranium extracted, beyond the boundaries of the country....i.e.: the United States........

Do you fact-check any of the outrageous statements made,.....or do you just parrot them as quickly as you hear them?

Let me help you in the most non-partisan way.........Type in: " Is Russian uranium allowed to leave the United States?" I don't care which search engine you use.....That statement is the most benign and apolitical one to use to find out the facts about the so-called "Russian Uranium" deal.

This....."deal".....was used politically since 2010 against President Obama,....Hillary Clinton,....and pretty much any political adversary conservative media wanted to smear.......It was de-bunked mightily in 2014...........yet it keeps on resurfacing.

Ever wonder why there's been no prosecution on this...."deal"...? Because there is NO CRIME........NINE Federal agencies had to approve the...."deal".....

Oh,well..............everyone "believes" whatever makes them....."comfortable"................

But,....reasoning and common sense says that.......if you believe there was no....prosecution,........NOT because our law enforcement didn't track down all the potential "crimes",....but because of a vast conspiracy involving thousands of sworn agents violating their oath to uphold the Constitution, because of their "fealty" to a political party................well,....I guess that's your right to do so......

I think,.......if I was truly that gullible,....I would buy stock in a sandbag and body armor manufacturer,...........and be a billionaire in my bunker.......

Magoo likes this.
  5. Rastus

So selling uranium to Russians is cool with you, got it.

Northern Flash likes this.
  6. Rastus

All that proves is how corrupt Washington is, that's why we elected President Trump.
    Drain that swamp!

7. canaryinthemine

The problem is that Mr. Trump brought in his cronies that hung around the Wall Street watering trough..........More billionaires in executive positions than any other President in the history of our nation....

Consequently,....these people make high-powered deals in that high stratosphere of global wheeling and dealing that knows no political boundaries,.....or patriotism to one's country. Mr. Ross,.........and the other,....billionaires....... in Mr. Trump's Cabinet, are investing throughout the world through various "shell" companies,.......for their own profit,....regardless of any political repercussions.

Mr. Ross probably has no idea, specifically,....what he owns. That doesn't excuse him, though, as he has now taken a position of trust in the government,....and was supposed to have divested his business dealings into a blind trust.

Welcome to the new "Robber Baron" age,....21st Century-style! Billionaires bought media outlets to trick gullible working people into voting for the politicians who would most benefit........the billionaires!

Billionaires are now in charge of the very Agencies that had regulations that kept them from ..."raping"...the American taxpayer....

Russians?.......Sure we'll invest with 'em! Rubles, at this moment, are trading better than dollars! The Heck with Patriotism! Profit Uber Alles!

"We have Met the Enemy, and He is Us!"............(....in fact, two million less than half voted for him...)......

Magoo likes this.
  8. canaryinthemine

Way to Twist the Words! You learned that lesson well......

9. canaryinthemine

I think,.......about 5 years from now,.......you’ll see that the trench they were digging that you thought was a........drain......for the swamp.....

Was really a canal the billionaires were digging to get their yachts closer to the seat of power.......

Magoo likes this.
  10. Rastus

I didn't twist anything, Obama/Clinton sold the uranium not President Trump.
    You guys really need to clean that mess of a party up and just a suggestion start with Hillary.

Northern Flash likes this.
  11. Rastus

Nice class envy, right out of the commie handbook. How's that for a right hook?

SAC75 likes this.
  12. Magoo

Trump appoints these people who have no clue bout the position they are filling, yes its just pals and money to be made.

Like Rick Perry and the energy secretary job, he has no knowledge of nuclear weapons and power he just knows what a oil pump looks like.

Someone was splaing that when Obama concocted the deal with Iran at the table was his energy secretary.
    Obams Secretary was a physicists, he knew how to build bombs. He knew what to have Iran agree to inorder to keep them from having all the materials needed.

What does Rick Perry know? Or so many of the others Trump appoints.
    Drain the Swamp he cried out and the people cheered :438:
    This administration will go down in history as The most corrupt and inept ever in our history.
    That is if we live through it.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  13. Rastus

You're watching, I know you are. Take a look at your rotting party if you need corruption!

14. Rastus

Now I have to go vote, there's a lot levies I have vote down.

15. canaryinthemine

If you knew history,........you’d know that “class envy” was the driving force behind every political change in the world.......

When the rich get out of hand, and start grinding the not-so-rich into the dirt,......you usually get a “ class” response......

The phrase: “Class envy” was created by the upper class, by the way.......
    Don’t need a Commie handbook to tell you that......

You do need Faux News to remind you to say that every time someone grumbles about the wealthy extending their........” privileges” ........over their countrymen......

( Rupert Murdoch is a billionaire, by the way.......)

Magoo likes this.
  16. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Knuckledragger In A 1988 Dodge W 150

Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

Uranium One's American arm, however, emailed a statement to The Hill on Wednesday evening confirming it did export uranium to Canada through the trucking firm and that 25 percent of that nuclear fuel eventually made its way outside North America to Europe and Asia, stressing all the exports complied with federal law.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...deal-led-to-some-exports-to-europe-memos-show

SAC75 and Rastus like this.
  17. Rastus

1) Control healthcare and you control the people.
    2) Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible; poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
    3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes and this will produce more poverty.
    4) Gun control – Remove people’s ability to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state.
    5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of people’s lives (food, housing and income).
    6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to; take control of what children learn in school.
    7) Religion – Remove the belief in God from the government and schools.
    8) Class warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take from (tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

I know history look familiar?

Northern Flash and SAC75 like this.
  18. Rastus

I assumed everyone knew this.

SuperCourse likes this.
  19. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Knuckledragger In A 1988 Dodge W 150

Apparently not.

20. Magoo

The rules say that the President must approve any request to export the material.
    You need to ask your self would Trump approve the sale to Vladimir?

canaryinthemine likes this.