Whataboutism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by icuicp, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

My use of "whataboutisms" is to exploit the left's utter hypocrisy. And it's so easy that even a caveman can do it.

2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Echo chamber, as used in the media, is a metaphorical description of a situation in which information, ideas, or beliefs are reinforced by communication and repetition inside a defined system, such as this forum as an example, In figurative echo chambers, such as this forum once again, different or opposing views are underrepresented.....
    The term is analogous with an acoustic echo chamber, where sounds reverberate in a hollow enclosure.... Now can you see the meaning and the context of how it applies and how you totally didn't understand it?..
    Let me clarify more clearly....... It does NOT mean its a term that "explains how an opinion you don't like is wrong".. ….

Now, as regards the term " Whataboutisum"....That term is used to describe attempts to discredit a position by an opponent charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.....which amounts to basically an admission that the opponent is correct...

It does NOT mean its a term that "explains how an opinion you don't like is wrong".. ….

See the difference?.....

No you didn't......... And the term " idiot" isn't something that YOU should be calling anyone else.... You obviously should know that...but since you don't.... well, it proves a point....

I understand your "explanation".... Which is why I know you're totally wrong......
    I've clearly and concisely explained why you are wrong and what the terms under discussion mean..... Now we will get to see how well YOU comprehend....

Yes... I see that.....and yes, you still misunderstand them.....hopefully, after reading my above explanations, you now know better.....

Magoo likes this.
  3. pilot87

I knew you couldn't resist....LOL...

:hilarious:. :clap:

4. pilot87

Actually it's not an "opinion".... It is a fact that some people, yes including you, defend and excuse everything Trump does and says...

5. pilot87

That's a really really stupid "plan".... Defend everything Trump does and says just because the " left" is critical of him...... Yes....that's stupid...

6. pilot87

Whataboutisums are used to describe attempts to discredit a position by an opponent charging them with hypocrisy....and here is the key part, without refuting or disproving their argument.....

Well, that explains why you do it then...lol

:poke:

Seriously though, yes it is easier than arguing your point to disprove the others points.... No matter what "side".....

Magoo likes this.
  7. pilot87

The "right" cried over every word Obama said and everything he did....... You gleefully joined in and thought that was all fun and games.....but now you're all hurt and offended that the same thing is happening to your guy...... Not so fun now is it?....

Really it's funny to sit back and watch ..... Lol

Magoo likes this.
  8. pilot87

Trump was right in that both sides participated in the violence.....where he was wrong was he didn't condemn white supremacists and their vile message.... It was a white supremacist who killed that woman and injured 19 others...

Yes they did......... But that does NOT excuse or mitigate the white supremacists and their vile message of hate..... So stop trying to make it seem as if its all the fault of the counter protesters........

Magoo likes this.
  9. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Like it or not we all have our right to free speech.

10. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

Quit being a crybaby. We don't agree and will never agree. You calling me stupid just shows how ignorant you are.

11. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

Not a fact. The whole article is an opinion. If you can't see it you are blind. Absolutely done with you. You say you are here to have a conversation but your just a TROLL!

12. pilot87

Absolutely.... Unless you're at work....it would appear....

13. pilot87

:clap::clapping::hilarious::hysterical:

Thanks for the laugh SAC75....

Just take a step back for a moment.... The article brings up a basic truth of which there are people that will excuse or defend Trump no matter what he says or does...... That isn't an "opinion".... It is a fact....and it's also a fact that you fit into that subset of people that do just that.... I see that....you don't, or just wont admit that you do.....

Indeed I am.....but you make it difficult to have an intelligent conversation when you start off every post with " cry baby "...or name calling...... That doesn't help you get your point across .... I'm just trying help you articulate your thoughts better.... ...

Look, we don't have to agree to have a civil and decent conversation.... Case in point, Bubba74 and myself....we rarely agree on things....but on an occasion we can find a point of commonality..... I have respect for him because he can engage in an intelligent dialog and defends his views well..... You have the potential to do the same thing...
    Why do you just like to resort with " cry baby" as your main point ...?... It really makes it hard to take you seriously when you respond as you do.......
    Hardly.... I'd "laugh" at that, but I already laughed at you're usual cry baby post.... I don't want to appear to be to insensitive....

If you like to take the "easy out".... That's up to you..... You're not alone in that...a few others find it easier than trying to defend their points when challenged.... They just like to have people agree with them and not challenge them to much..... You'll fit right in with them.... I'd personally rather you engage my posts and have great challenging conversations.... Disagreements are far more interesting conversations than always agreeing with someone.....that's boring....easy....but boring.... Anyway...it's your call.....

14. pilot87

I'm just explaining to you some basic facts... You're the one crying about it......

No one said we must...... Calling everyone who disagrees with you a "cry baby" isn't going to help you gain any credibility as actually having a valid point....

I didn't call you "stupid".... But you sure have no problems calling others you disagree with all kinds of names.... You like to " dish it out", as they say, but you sure can't take it, can you?......

We may disagree.....and you may not like me....but I doubt any thinking person would honestly think I'm "ignorant"..... ...

15. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

How about Issis has a rally and march would that be acceptable?

pilot87 likes this.
  16. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

If they're American Citizens I would have to say that it is their right unless their organization is illegal. Are the lawmen going to just stand there and let the opposition have their way?

17. Northern Flash

ISIS, Antifa, BLM.......what's the difference?

18. Northern Flash

Had the Soros and Obama Klansmen (Antifa and BLM) not showed up to the KKK rally, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, since 50 KKK wackos wouldn't have even been acknowledged by the general public.

19. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

"Two wrongs don't make a right" is being rewritten to "One wrong justifies another wrong"

One wrong does not justify another wrong.

pilot87 likes this.
  20. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Whataboutism is Redefining the Right

"The Right’s enthusiastic embrace of whataboutism isn’t just a troubling trend. It’s a symptom of a once-unifying philosophy being drained of its soul. If arguments can’t be backed by principle or consistent logic, how can they be interpreted as anything other than heckling?

Is that the future of the political Right or perhaps even the Republican party: a band of hecklers, stuck in perpetual deflection-mode, content with simply tormenting liberals? I sure hope not.

For the sake of Republicans, the waning conservative movement, and more importantly the country, I’d love to see people on my side of the ideological divide stand for something meaningful again. Pointing out double standards requires no special talent, but there is virtue and integrity that come with maintaining your own standards, and being able to put forth a persuasive, cogent argument.

Heckling can be an effective weapon at times, but it can’t advance anything of substance."

pilot87 and Magoo like this.