Whats For Supper?

Every diet has health risks, so does packing around extra weight with a deadly risk of diabetes and heart conditions in the family.

Sent from my drone magnet

Kinda goes without saying, any diet is like that, even getting your stomach banded, after awhile if you don't make it a lifestyle change you gain it back, lol.

I meant like heart probs from all the meat and stuff, I had a friend that went on it once he lost alot of weight, we traveled together and I tried it, I didn't last long, the craving for carbs got the best of me and I would hit the pizza place and eat all I could stand!

I imagine eliminating one food group from your overall diet can't be terribly easy on you especially if you're eating a ton of red meats without adding fish, chicken, and leaner cuts. In reality though, diabetics do nearly the same thing because carbs ARE sugars and those have to be severely limited to control their diabetes.
I really have a problem giving up the carbs too, but it seems easier than counting points and weighing every morsel that hits my lips :).
As I understood it, if you followed the diet as its actually written, it can lower cholesterol.
You have to eat a ton of greens as part of the diet as well.

I imagine eliminating one food group from your overall diet can't be terribly easy on you especially if you're eating a ton of red meats without adding fish, chicken, and leaner cuts. In reality though, diabetics do nearly the same thing because carbs ARE sugars and those have to be severely limited to control their diabetes.
I really have a problem giving up the carbs too, but it seems easier than counting points and weighing every morsel that hits my lips :).
As I understood it, if you followed the diet as its actually written, it can lower cholesterol.

My father-in-law is diabetic, he just takes an extra shot when he eats what he's not suppose to..lol.
He's actually pretty aggravating to be around, when it comes to food. One minute it's "I can't eat this/that" next minute, he's got the biggest piece of Bday ice cream cake of anybody on his plate, and shooting up an extra shot

When I was on it I ate everything that wasn't nailed down except for carbs. Roast beef, ham, eggs, cheese, mayonnaise and more. Eat, eat, eat and amazingly I still dropped about a pound every day. Then I once put myself on a different diet. Small bowl of cereal or one Aunt Jemima's waffle for breakfast. Turkey or tuna sandwich and an apple for lunch (loaded with mayonnaise) and small salad with some sort of carb (potato salad or macaroni salad out of the container from the store) for dinner. No rum and cokes no beer, no sugar laden sodas. In two months I dropped 40 lbs. Weight came off so fast everyone laughed at me and told me I had aids. I was hungry, no, I was friggin' starving for two months but I stuck to my guns. Of course I was more active back then too, which helped burn the fat off.

A ton of greens is good! When I did it with Ted, all I ate was meat, chicken pork ect, eggs, I don't think I touched a veggie, this was in the 90's, I know the diet has evolved through trial and error, in the short time I did it, it actually raised my cholesterol, that much I do remember.

A ton of greens is good! When I did it with Ted, all I ate was meat, chicken pork ect, eggs, I don't think I touched a veggie, this was in the 90's, I know the diet has evolved through trial and error, in the short time I did it, it actually raised my cholesterol, that much I do remember.

Yikes! Yeah, just not carbs but required to eat a lot of veggies, you're actually supposed to get 20-25 carbs from non starchy veggies, that takes A LOT.
Plus it keeps a person from getting, ahem, stopped up. LOL

I made my own corn tortillas for enchiladas the other day. They sucked. The seven layer dip made up for it though

.....and the cherry crisp with vanilla icecream was excellent

I made my own corn tortillas for enchiladas the other day. They sucked. The seven layer dip made up for it though

.....and the cherry crisp with vanilla icecream was excellent

Let me hop in my helo machine and fly on over....geez Dust, the girls all got take out from Chewy's where my daughter works, did Dad get anything for his 11.5 hrs working over night? The answer is no. Kinda hurt my feelings a little, no one ever thinks of the invisible bill payer.

Let me hop in my helo machine and fly on over....geez Dust, the girls all got take out from Chewy's where my daughter works, did Dad get anything for his 11.5 hrs working over night? The answer is no. Kinda hurt my feelings a little, no one ever thinks of the invisible bill payer.

Awww, that sucks GT. That one's all gone but I has a cookie left this morning....

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Hot cherry crisp with banilla ice cream is hard to beat. mmm mmm

What's for supper?

Beer, what else?

12737964614_e6d2e034e7_b.jpg

Actually this was from Saturday in Montana at the River City Grill at Bonner.

Salad.

12737961794_f02f0d2248_b.jpg

Pork chops.

12737483085_38c303efb0_b.jpg

Here.

12737480915_e84dbf9b18_b.jpg

No extra charge for the snow.

Then I put Monstro to bed.

12737280575_42a2fff996_b.jpg

a buddy is a guy who goes to NY and gets...ummm never mind.

I will go ifin ya tell me what you want? Actually anything that can be had in NY I bet I can find here or in AR and if not then definitely in TX, I will get it and swear I went to yankee land.

I was gonna tell a joke about yankees but I better not, it has to do with a string and a NY'er, you all have heard it.

I will go ifin ya tell me what you want? Actually anything that can be had in NY I bet I can find here or in AR and if not then definitely in TX, I will get it and swear I went to yankee land.

I was gonna tell a joke about yankees but I better not, it has to do with a string and a NY'er, you all have heard it.
I don't think I have heard it and you can PM it to me if you want. It sounds like you haven't heard my NY/buddy/good buddy joke yet either.

Yesterday I Papa John's. I like their cheesy bread sticks as much as I like their pizza! Today, I'm going to put on a big kettle of pinto beans. Something about beans that just goes with gloomy, rainy days.

I'm still thinking about what's for dinner. Don't know what to have. I know roast chicken's out it won't be defrosted in time. Beef fajitas sounds like a plan.