Whats For Supper?

I'm thinking that might work out pretty good using lasagna instead of the noodles, too. I might try this, leaving out the meat.

I actually like Little Cesars and eat from there quite often as a change of pace from Papa Johns. I most usually order cheese and mushroom with extra cheese. I imagine it all depends on your local store though. I have noticed a difference in their pizza's from one location to another. Not a huge difference but a difference just the same.

AND, speaking of cabbage.......I found this recipe floating around on Facebook and just might give it a try for supper today. If not today, definitely soon.

Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks By: Everyday Maven, Serves: 4

1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1" thick slices, 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, 2 to 3 large smashed garlic cloves, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and olive oil spray OR non-stick cooking spray.

1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull
outer leaves off cabbage, cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1" thick slices
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
5. Roast on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 25 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. A very nice optional condiment would be adding balsamic vinegar on the top when finished cooking.

Thank you! I love cabbage, if I could marry it and hold it forever dear I would, its one of my favorite foods, I even love the stink!

it's amazing how these guys are still popping up, Still touring and doing TV shows, my 2 oldest brothers saw them in concert @Sturgis bike ralley 3 yrs ago

i am in the middle, my 4 brothers and sister, i had 1 sister pass away, all of them drove trucks at one time or the other except one on far right, he works for Boeing(Spirit ) for the last 27 yrs
199084_1938656830009_1511339_n.jpg

I am currently browning a roast for dinner, in a bit of onion and bacon grease...going to throw it in the crockpot for dinner with some veggies.

However, I am eating homegrown,home canned peach-plum jam on homemade freshly baked bread....holy mana from heaven...someone save me from the 800lbs I will become...

I am currently browning a roast for dinner, in a bit of onion and bacon grease...going to throw it in the crockpot for dinner with some veggies.

However, I am eating homegrown,home canned peach-plum jam on homemade freshly baked bread....holy mana from heaven...someone save me from the 800lbs I will become...
You'd probably like this

Ice Cream Bread

2 cups of your favorite ice cream, softened
1 and 1/2 cups of self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Mix the ice cream and flour together in a bowl just until combined. Smooth it out so it looks even. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a while and then serve.

Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread (2 loaves or 1 large loaf)

2 pints Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, softened or melted
3 cups self-rising flour
1 very ripe banana, chopped
1 chocolate bar, chopped
Handful of walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Mix melted ice cream and flour until well combined. Add chocolate, banana and nuts. Pour into prepared bread pan. Bake for 45 minutes per loaf or 60-90 minutes for a larger double loaf. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake. The bread
is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Or turn your roast into this?? ( I like crockpot stuff..lol)

Spanish Tortilla Crockpot Roast

Ingredients:

1 Chuck Pot Roast - Boneless 3 to 4 lb.
1 pkg. Tortilla Soup Mix
3 cans Rotel Original 10 oz. cans
1 Bell Pepper - Sliced
1 Onion - Sliced
8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 Soft Corn Tortillas for the pot & extras for your dish.
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. - butter
4 oz. can Diced Green Chiles
Sour Cream & Sliced Jalapenos for topping

Directions:

Make Layers in Crockpot in the following order:
1 can Rotel (DO NOT DRAIN)
1/2 of Sliced Bell Pepper
1/2 of Sliced Onion
1/2 of can Diced Green Chiles
1/2 pkg Tortilla Soup Mix (DRY MIX)
3 Soft Corn Tortillas ( place the whole tortillas spread on top of last layer)
1/2 of the Shredded Cheddar Cheese - sprinkle cheese evenly (more if you want cheesier)
Then add your Boneless Chuck Roast (3 to 4 lb. any roast will do)
Repeat the above layers then use your last can of Rotel and pour down the sides.
Pour your 1/2 cup of water down the sides.
Put your 2 Tbsp. Butter on top.
If you like you can always add more cheese on very top!

Cook in your Crockpot on Low Setting for 6 hours.
After 6 hours the roast was so tender It just fell apart!
Put in bowls and if you choose top with Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream and Slice(s) of Jalapeno.
I took some of the tortillas and cut into 1/4ths, fried them and put them on the sides.

You'd probably like this

Ice Cream Bread

2 cups of your favorite ice cream, softened
1 and 1/2 cups of self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Mix the ice cream and flour together in a bowl just until combined. Smooth it out so it looks even. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a while and then serve.

Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread (2 loaves or 1 large loaf)

2 pints Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, softened or melted
3 cups self-rising flour
1 very ripe banana, chopped
1 chocolate bar, chopped
Handful of walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Mix melted ice cream and flour until well combined. Add chocolate, banana and nuts. Pour into prepared bread pan. Bake for 45 minutes per loaf or 60-90 minutes for a larger double loaf. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake. The bread
is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Or turn your roast into this?? ( I like crockpot stuff..lol)

Spanish Tortilla Crockpot Roast

Ingredients:

1 Chuck Pot Roast - Boneless 3 to 4 lb.
1 pkg. Tortilla Soup Mix
3 cans Rotel Original 10 oz. cans
1 Bell Pepper - Sliced
1 Onion - Sliced
8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 Soft Corn Tortillas for the pot & extras for your dish.
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. - butter
4 oz. can Diced Green Chiles
Sour Cream & Sliced Jalapenos for topping

Directions:

Make Layers in Crockpot in the following order:
1 can Rotel (DO NOT DRAIN)
1/2 of Sliced Bell Pepper
1/2 of Sliced Onion
1/2 of can Diced Green Chiles
1/2 pkg Tortilla Soup Mix (DRY MIX)
3 Soft Corn Tortillas ( place the whole tortillas spread on top of last layer)
1/2 of the Shredded Cheddar Cheese - sprinkle cheese evenly (more if you want cheesier)
Then add your Boneless Chuck Roast (3 to 4 lb. any roast will do)
Repeat the above layers then use your last can of Rotel and pour down the sides.
Pour your 1/2 cup of water down the sides.
Put your 2 Tbsp. Butter on top.
If you like you can always add more cheese on very top!

Cook in your Crockpot on Low Setting for 6 hours.
After 6 hours the roast was so tender It just fell apart!
Put in bowls and if you choose top with Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream and Slice(s) of Jalapeno.
I took some of the tortillas and cut into 1/4ths, fried them and put them on the sides.

Sharpshooter, those look very interesting to try... and you're not helping me stay away from that 800lb mark... LOL!

i am in the middle, my 4 brothers and sister, i had 1 sister pass away, all of them drove trucks at one time or the other except one on far right, he works for Boeing(Spirit ) for the last 27 yrs
199084_1938656830009_1511339_n.jpg
For some reason he looks a lot happier than the rest, think it could be his career choice?

Well I never got to do the cabbage steak recipe like I wanted, since I had forgotten to get one at the store. It's on my grocery list for next time though. I ended up having tomato soup and grill cheese that day instead. Yesterday I made myself a cheese quesadilla, which I eat quite often. Not only are they delicious, they are quick and easy as well. Just put a tiny little bit of oil in my iron skillet; just enough to grease it up a little, then lay a flour tortilla flat in the pan on low heat and pile on some shredded cheese like monterey jack, cheddar, mozzarella, etc, and some onions and pepper if you want. You could even add some meat. I just add onion. As the tortilla warms and softens some, fold it over like an omelette and brown it on each side slowly to allow the cheese to melt. Put it on a plate and top it with what ever you like. I shredded up some baby spinach leaves, and layered with salsa and sour cream.