Whats For Supper?

Vacation is coming in March....NC is calling...the G babies more than BBQ
I'll never forget the time I had my share of an antenna tower going to Apex (NC or SC I forget). I stopped at somebodies BBQ for lunch and they had white lightening on tap.:bananag:

Popeye Chicken 50% off day
All of them or just the one you go to? I have a Popeye right up the street from me, chicken is expensive, kinda like Arby's is, so 50% off is my kind of deal!!
all of them for Black Friday
When I was a strapping young buck working on the horse farm I used to eat a whole Kentucky Fried Chicken (yes that it what it was called back then) 9 piece all by myself for lunch. And I ate it before any of it got cold on me.

Not supper but, if you have a sweet tooth after dinner, this will cure it

996883_613672355323258_756021963_n.jpg

Peanut Butter Potato Candy

1/4 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
1/3 cup peanut butter, or as needed

Combine mashed potatoes, milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Stir confectioners' sugar into potato mixture until a dough consistency is reached. Refrigerate dough until chilled, about 1 hour. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on a cutting board or waxed paper.

Roll dough into a large rectangular shape on prepared surface. Spread enough peanut butter on top layer of dough to cover. Roll dough into a jelly roll shape; refrigerate roll for 1 hour. Slice dough into pinwheels to serve.

Here's another potato candy that tastes just like Almond Joys without the almonds!

POTATO JOYS

1/2 cup unseasoned, well-mashed cooked potato
3 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
1 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons butter

Bake or microwave the potato until a fork pierces it easily. While the mashed potatoes are still hot, beat in the powdered sugar and coconut; then add the vanilla extract. Press into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan; set aside.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. When melted, pour over top of the potato mixture. Refrigerate until set and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Not supper but, if you have a sweet tooth after dinner, this will cure it

996883_613672355323258_756021963_n.jpg

Peanut Butter Potato Candy

1/4 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
1/3 cup peanut butter, or as needed

Combine mashed potatoes, milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Stir confectioners' sugar into potato mixture until a dough consistency is reached. Refrigerate dough until chilled, about 1 hour. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on a cutting board or waxed paper.

Roll dough into a large rectangular shape on prepared surface. Spread enough peanut butter on top layer of dough to cover. Roll dough into a jelly roll shape; refrigerate roll for 1 hour. Slice dough into pinwheels to serve.

Here's another potato candy that tastes just like Almond Joys without the almonds!

POTATO JOYS

1/2 cup unseasoned, well-mashed cooked potato
3 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
1 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons butter

Bake or microwave the potato until a fork pierces it easily. While the mashed potatoes are still hot, beat in the powdered sugar and coconut; then add the vanilla extract. Press into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan; set aside.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. When melted, pour over top of the potato mixture. Refrigerate until set and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Aww, my mom made potato candy when I was a kid!! Been a long time since I had any!

My mom made it too. I actually bought the extra peanut butter and confectioner's sugar a few weeks ago to make some. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

My Aunt use to all the time, I got this from her daughter...MAN...I loved those things!! I had no idea they had anything to do with potatoes though, always thought it was pure sugar..lol

I liked that Raising Cains, they are simple, chicken strips, chicken strip sandwich, coleslaw, fries, texas toast and drinks, thats all that I can remember they do, if a guy wants chicken strips, they sure do them well, very well! I made fries for the girls, I cut the potatoes up myself, season them with kosher salt and Tony Chachere's after frying them. Not bad.

For the bean lovers. Not a bad idea for supper on cold winter day. I prefer pinto beans myself, but I bet some of you might like this one:

There's nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter's night. This creamy
white bean soup really hits the spot. If you'd like to make it even more hearty, add cooked
sausage or bacon crumbles. Then wait for the compliments to roll in.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup yellow onions, diced
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 bunch kale, chopped
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 15-ounce can great northern or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon flour
cooked bacon crumbles for garnish, optional

Directions
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Next, add kale, stir, and saute until
tender, about 5 more minutes.

2. To the kale, add broth, beans, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.

3. Remove 1/2 cup of hot broth from the soup and place in a bowl. To the broth, add cream and flour and whisk until blended and smooth. While
gently whisking the soup, slowly add broth and cream mixture and stir until blended. Simmer for 3 more minutes until the soup has thickened. Taste
and add additional salt and pepper if needed.

4. Ladle into bowls and garnish with bacon crumbles, if desired.

Kale Me Maybe: Creamy White Bean Soup Fights Winter's Chill