Whats For Supper?

Another from the same day.

11514656645_f6a1852422_b.jpg
To me that is as pretty as it gets, awesome scenery, great photo. There is an artist named Richard Bollinger in my area and I swear that looks like it could be one of his prints.https://www.google.com/search?q=richard+bollinger&client=firefox-a&hs=JIU&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WF-4UqmBJebjsAStvYDoAQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=596

Turned cold overnight here but no snow so far. Road Dust will be baking sugar cookies this afternoon :)

Oooooh! Sugar cookies!

I like them almost as much as Scottish shortbread or chocolate chip, or oatmeal pecan!

OK, I like cookies period!

With a big glass of ice cold milk!

Turned cold overnight here but no snow so far. Road Dust will be baking sugar cookies this afternoon :)
you better hurry!..I know how you woman are...let the cookies cool, don't eat'em without frosting, wait till the frosting has stiffened up...blah blah blah..Waitin for a woman to finish Christmas cookies is painful for a man!!
Here's my wifes first batch, she couldn't find anise this year, so they just aren't the same

1533737_633601246702183_926980047_n.jpg

I put a ham in the crock pot, packed it with brown sugar and poured pineapple juice over it, according to my friend Jarrod, its gonna be amazing! He gave me the recipe, said his wife has done it with a cooked ham, and raw, I couldn't find a raw one so I got one that was bone in and smoked, gonna see how it turns out, gotta make corn casserole for Christmas dinner too, my job is done after that.

The rest is on the girls, all I care about is the ham and the corn.

We had tenderloin for dinner at the inlaws, now I'm frying up the sausage for a crockpot Breakfast Casserole, so we don't have to make anything for breakfast

1 bag 26oz frozen hashbrowns
12 eggs
1c milk
1tbsp ground mustard
16oz roll sausage
salt/pepper
16oz shredded cheese

Spray crockpot and spread hashbrowns on butter
crack 12 eggs in a bowl mix well and add the milk (sprinkle ground mustard, add salt/pepper)

cook sausage, drain and add on top of hashbrowns already in pot
add whole bag of cheese and mix
pour egg mixture on top

cook on low 6-8hrs

you better hurry!..I know how you woman are...let the cookies cool, don't eat'em without frosting, wait till the frosting has stiffened up...blah blah blah..Waitin for a woman to finish Christmas cookies is painful for a man!!
Here's my wifes first batch, she couldn't find anise this year, so they just aren't the same

1533737_633601246702183_926980047_n.jpg
Those look nice. I didn't get fancy with mine, but they sure do taste good!

Not really sure 'bout tonight since we are going to the in laws house. BUT! I do know one thing. It ALL will be awesome.

Had a smoked turkey (and all the other stuff!) at the kid's house LAST evening for dinner.

So far today it has been coffee with Irish Cream in it, and pigs~n~blankets for breakfast. Got a beef brisket in the crock pot getting ready for the afternoon feast.

I like Christmas!

What a great Christmas! They all are since I married Dianna and girls, Kat doesn't like ham but she was eating the crockpot ham, it was that good, I made a big batch of ham salad, I put in burritos and eat it cold, good stuff. I never measure but here is how it goes.

Ham in the food chopper, chop it fine, then by hand I chop onion, sweet pickle, dill pickle, heavy hand on the sweet pickle, I always buy good pickles too, not the cheap Mt Olive crap, I like Gedneys.

I put a few dashes of worchestershire, fresh garlic minced, with a knife, lol, mustard, a little bit, and enough REAL mayonnaise to loosen it up, I put a little pepper in it, then I add chedder jack to bind it to the consistency that I want, its really good.

My corn casserole was a big hit! Then I had to leave my family and give Sysco my life :( I wish I was rich.

Its just me and my son at home. Did stuffed shells for Christmas eve. Marinated NY strip steaks,grilled, for Christmas day.
Leftovers tonite before work

What a great Christmas! They all are since I married Dianna and girls, Kat doesn't like ham but she was eating the crockpot ham, it was that good, I made a big batch of ham salad, I put in burritos and eat it cold, good stuff. I never measure but here is how it goes.

Ham in the food chopper, chop it fine, then by hand I chop onion, sweet pickle, dill pickle, heavy hand on the sweet pickle, I always buy good pickles too, not the cheap Mt Olive crap, I like Gedneys.

I put a few dashes of worchestershire, fresh garlic minced, with a knife, lol, mustard, a little bit, and enough REAL mayonnaise to loosen it up, I put a little pepper in it, then I add chedder jack to bind it to the consistency that I want, its really good.

My corn casserole was a big hit! Then I had to leave my family and give Sysco my life :( I wish I was rich.

after reading that recipe, I'm thinkin' you are rich.

I made this a couple of nights ago and took it over to my homebound mom and stepdad. They really enjoyed it and it's super easy to make. Just brown some sausage and add the can of fixens and simmer. I also fried up a head of cabbage and made some cornbread. Been experimenting with substituting flaxseed and applesauce for eggs and oil in baking recipes. The bread turned out pretty good.

I made this a couple of nights ago and took it over to my homebound mom and stepdad. They really enjoyed it and it's super easy to make. Just brown some sausage and add the can of fixens and simmer. I also fried up a head of cabbage and made some cornbread. Been experimenting with substituting flaxseed and applesauce for eggs and oil in baking recipes. The bread turned out pretty good.

Haven't seen that in NC...we have all the seasoned veggies from Margaret Holmes but, not that, unless I've missed it.

Is that a can? Well I'll be! Over here we don't have that brand, and all our fixins type stuff come in a box, pouch or refrigerated or frozen, these "canned fixins" are weird I don't like or understand them, fact is I ain't going to look at this ever again, its disturbing.