ABF | What's going at SCH/034?

AkitaDog

TB Regular
Credits
In the last couple of weeks i noticed we haven't been loading directs to 034 and we always did along with CAR/042,DAY/064,and WNS/051.When i asked about it i was told there was something going on with labor.Something to do about damages being done to equipment and freight so their diverting the freight around.Any truth to this B.S.?

I'd say you are correct, I run a bid to (New England) and they are loading direct to 042 - 064 - and 051 where they use to load to 034. If I were a betting man I'd say (The Fat Lady) is about to sing. Also when Mr. Slagle was at 042 campaining he was asked directly about the drama at 034 and he acknowledged that they were by-passing them but he said that is all I will say at this time. Happy Trails And Be Safe!!

In the last couple of weeks i noticed we haven't been loading directs to 034 and we always did along with CAR/042,DAY/064,and WNS/051.When i asked about it i was told there was something going on with labor.Something to do about damages being done to equipment and freight so their diverting the freight around.Any truth to this B.S.?

As far as I'm concerned good. Those one's that is damaging equipment can and deserve to starve. I feel for the good teamsters that are hurting because of them...

It is always sad to hear our brothers suffer at any terminal and I hope for an outcome for the best quickly. One thing I have noticed about ABF over the years is that when there is a problem (in their eyes) they don't just live with it they take action on it. I have seen more than one door shut in such instances. As I said I hate to see it happen to our folks and I hope for an amicable resolution to whatever is going on.

It is always sad to hear our brothers suffer at any terminal and I hope for an outcome for the best quickly. One thing I have noticed about ABF over the years is that when there is a problem (in their eyes) they don't just live with it they take action on it. I have seen more than one door shut in such instances. As I said I hate to see it happen to our folks and I hope for an amicable resolution to whatever is going on.

ABF has always been a well run and respected company. Never hearing anything bad about the company. I just hope that doesn't change. There are a lot of real professionals over there.

034, is a very big door abfer.

I am from 034 noone I am speaking to notices that they may be routing around us. Overtime and extended shifts regularly, just rumors. I dont believe any of the guys on dock would be damaging equipment or freight

Just my opinion has as much to do with contract as anything. Six weeks or so ago it was routed around because they fired a few employees for excessive breaks and slow walking occured. But they want more from sch034 than some others. For one Mike S said they want to make shuttle work linehaul or UE work. SCH034 ue drivers not allowed to work dock like 064 and 042 not sure on 086 070 003 if ue work dock. lately haven't been loading around sch at our barn like 6 wks or so ago when we loaded nothing to sch for 2 wks. we normally load 3 to 5 sets a night to good old sch034. I run ue to 034 and haven't heard alot of complaining besides the usual

Contract or as much work as they can handle are good things compared to job actions and operational changes. It's never good to hear that workers could lose their jobs or have to move in a COO.

Just my opinion has as much to do with contract as anything. Six weeks or so ago it was routed around because they fired a few employees for excessive breaks and slow walking occured. But they want more from sch034 than some others. For one Mike S said they want to make shuttle work linehaul or UE work. SCH034 ue drivers not allowed to work dock like 064 and 042 not sure on 086 070 003 if ue work dock. lately haven't been loading around sch at our barn like 6 wks or so ago when we loaded nothing to sch for 2 wks. we normally load 3 to 5 sets a night to good old sch034. I run ue to 034 and haven't heard alot of complaining besides the usual

Excessive breaks and slow walking they should be fired. Stealing has always been grounds for termination...

Update! As of today we will resume building directs to SCH/034.I don't know what happened but I'm glad for my brothers in Chitown it didn't last!

Just to clear up this whole post of misinformation.....

There was no equipment or freight damages at the 034 terminal, it was YRC with those issues at their terminal which happens to be next door to 034.

A few shuttle drivers were fired for extending their breaks/lunches but all are back working. A few city drivers have also been fired for stealing time and some of them were unsuccessful at getting their jobs back.

Nobody from the dock was fired for excessive breaks. ABF did load around 034 for 2 weeks due to a slowdown. The dock won a grievance filed due to ABF cutting 1 bid and caused a rebid of the whole dock list ( about 250 guys ). Since it was only about 10 weeks from the regular 6 month rebid ( new bids start 4-14) , a lot of guys jumped around to try different bids for the 10 weeks. Of course the guys getting bumped around were not happy and wore lead shoes.

We r re bidding also at upgf in nashville, 4 guys came back from fmla and alot of bump bidding was going on and then alot of drivers forgot where the gas peddle was, i think acouple r still looking for it lol

Caution: Getting bumped out of a good gig has been known to cause diaper rash.