ABF | What's Going On Again!!!!!!

abfempm

TB Regular
Credits
You would think with all the teamsters out of work now would be the time to organise.we got nothing better to do,might as well walk a picket line!!!!!!but no lets mess with newpenn. all these companys are ripe for the picking! like estes. central. a.duie pyle, conway.estes for sure there not happy at all? and everybody on this board lives 20 miles from 1 of these terminals

Teamsters by the Slice

YRCW Cuts Salami; ABF Wants a Piece
August 21, 2009: The cancer of give-backs of wages and benefits is spreading in the freight industry. YRCW and the Hoffa administration are now using “salami tactics”: one slice of Teamsters at a time.

Meanwhile, ABF is in talks with the Hoffa administration, and also softening up members, to try to get a deal of its own.

Teamsters by the Slice

New Penn Teamsters are now re-voting on YRCW’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), after voting it down by 726-463. IBT Freight Director Tyson Johnson says that they will close New Penn (with IBT blessing, or at least with no resistance) if the MOU is not accepted. The votes will be counted on Sept. 9...

YRCW Cuts Salami; ABF Wants a Piece | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

You agree not to post any copyrighted materials, post a paragraph to the story then the link to it, the author and website deserve all credit for their content.

Yellow is in fact bringing the whole trucking industries wages down. Please understand this!! We work hard for our hourly rate and most of us have been bearing the terrible cold weather and strain on our backs for years. We make good money I'll be the first to admit it but its not to much. Yellow has started a snowball effect by lowering there rates and lowering their employees wages right along with the rates. It will never work for them and we should never except it at ABF. The economy and our freight levels are already starting to look up. Don't cave in after a few quarters of losses. Don't forget all the quarters that they made millions. Probably for 10 years straight they made a profit every quarter. Taking a look at the pension issue is understandable but thats it. We will be lucky if we get 33% of it anyway. I will entertain a better way to fund our pension but I will vote no on giving one red cent of my hourly wage. NOT ONE RED CENT

The way things seem to be going. Does anyone think if UPS was to buy ABF it might not be a bad thing the way the wages and pension freeze is going. Which just might be something ABF tries to do following YRC.

Just a thought not trying to stir the pot for sure. We have our problems to. Just wondering what some of the ABF drivers think.

Yellow is in fact bringing the whole trucking industries wages down. Please understand this!! We work hard for our hourly rate and most of us have been bearing the terrible cold weather and strain on our backs for years. We make good money I'll be the first to admit it but its not to much. Yellow has started a snowball effect by lowering there rates and lowering their employees wages right along with the rates. It will never work for them and we should never except it at ABF. The economy and our freight levels are already starting to look up. Don't cave in after a few quarters of losses. Don't forget all the quarters that they made millions. Probably for 10 years straight they made a profit every quarter. Taking a look at the pension issue is understandable but thats it. We will be lucky if we get 33% of it anyway. I will entertain a better way to fund our pension but I will vote no on giving one red cent of my hourly wage. NOT ONE RED CENT
Right on brother! I would also listen to what they have to offer regarding the pension, but as for a pay cut, no way!!

The way things seem to be going. Does anyone think if UPS was to buy ABF it might not be a bad thing the way the wages and pension freeze is going. Which just might be something ABF tries to do following YRC.

Just a thought not trying to stir the pot for sure. We have our problems to. Just wondering what some of the ABF drivers think.
I dont thik UPS would buy another union company. I think ABF would be better on its own, but I do think we are going to have some issues with our pension. I just hope the Union doesnt sell us out like they are doing to New Penn!

I hear there is a video out telling us we maybe takking a wage cut. They are in negotiation for the 3rd time with IBT for a wage cut and more. :ranting2:

I do not want to take a step mackwards!!! But I would consider a wage freeze with time limits, options.

Since ABF tried the first time for the same cut as YRC and was told no because we did not show a loss. I have seen my self how central dispatch is making us lose money. 1 example was told to take a trailer that was for a terminal I was going right by. And I mean 2 blocks off the freeway I was on and take it to a terminal over 200 miles away. when a shuttle driver could have delivered it. and I was told to leave the 2 trailers there for the terminal I was going to over 300 miles away. And when I tried to depart myself with the outomated system it put me back to central. Wht? because the computer new this was wrong!!! :TR10driving03:

I dont think the unoin is working for the people who makes there pay check. If any one should take a pay cut should be Hoffa and Tyson. You do not see them giving up anything. How much back pocket money are they getting?????????

I dont thik UPS would buy another union company. I think ABF would be better on its own, but I do think we are going to have some issues with our pension. I just hope the Union doesnt sell us out like they are doing to New Penn!

You have to be kidding right? Hoffa will sell us all down the river as long as we keep paying dues. He will be the first to jump on the band wagon telling us how we all have to make concessions to keep the doors open. You have already seen how strong he stood up for the new penn guys. How do you think our vote will go?

You have to be kidding right? Hoffa will sell us all down the river as long as we keep paying dues. He will be the first to jump on the band wagon telling us how we all have to make concessions to keep the doors open. You have already seen how strong he stood up for the new penn guys. How do you think our vote will go?
I agree!! I know the Union will give the company what they want.When I said that I hope the Union dont sell us out I was dreaming. There is a part of me that would like to belive they wouldnt sell us out, but I know better!! Im more upset with the Union than I am with the company. You expect this from the companies, not the IBT.

maybe we all should cancel our card checkoff for our dues being taken out of our checks each month and stay a month behind and lets see how hoffa likes that!!!!!!!!!!

yeah organize, that'll work

most non union companies kept their guys working for the past year. what did my union barn do..... they laid a bunch of us off and never called us for work. im sure that the other non union freight terminal workers are so jealous of me collecting unemployment and working crappy wage jobs for the last year. who in the hell would have ::shit:: for brains and want the union to represent them during these days, especially if their senoirity isnt high enough. come work at my "me"aster barn and youll see what i mean. actually if you came to work at my barn you wouldnt see anything because you would never get called in to work:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Insurance

maybe we all should cancel our card checkoff for our dues being taken out of our checks each month and stay a month behind and lets see how hoffa likes that!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, quit the union & start paying your own insurace and H/W. Very brilliant idea *NOT*

Your not stir the pot i don't think it would not be good for ups to buy abf why because i think if they did they would lay us off and profit by our good name we would be out in the cold just my thought ..