Whats going on at WARD

stroud120

COME GET SOME
Credits
Any of you guys that work for WARD, are they in good shape. Other forums are talking about the condition of the company?:eck15::puke:

Hey Stroud, they been expanding their coverage area here into the 657 jurisdiction out of Richmond. I know they compete fiercely with the PittOhio, PJax, New England Motor and us for that corridor freight into the NorthEast. Lately, I haven't seen them in the numbers I used to see on a daily basis down here buthen they may have cut back only running on certain days. Noticed they and others were running alot of straight trucks instead of big boxes if that is an indication.

rumors always start with I HEARD.............. you probally aint
heard that you trying to get a rumor started........yellow has
there own problems why would they be worried about whats
going on at WARD...........

Milan has forced the 10% give back from hourly and salary personnel.
Reional Ops manager at Milan is a previous VP with Ward.
That may be where the rumor started.

Yellow drivers don't know what they are talking about. Thats where almost all rumors start. If its not in black and white, don't believe it.

I am a PHL City driver.
Ward is doing fine considering how slow it is.
We Laid Off about 5 to 6 drivers, 2 or 3 drivers took voluntary 1 or 2 week layoffs recently. We lost some money in November, probably will lose in December when accounting reports in.
We did not get our Xmas bonus, $100 or $200 depending on Time in sevice, we will not get a COLA for 2009.
No one tried to buy us, the company is not for sale.
I have been there over 3 years, I am near the bottom of the list, but have worked every single day at least 11 hours M to Friday.
We are really hustling some freight, the city drivers and dock crew are very proud of our sucesses, but it has been tough.
Ed Warters is the big terminal Boss.
Bob Mead is operations.
They are keeping us running with the minimum possible personnel. It is working OK right now..but if we get one busy day or week, we could get behind real fast.
One sad note: there was a bad accident recently..we are waiting to see what happens with that. Thats all i will mention about that.
Ward will be just fine in 09..happy new year

I am a PHL City driver.
Ward is doing fine considering how slow it is.
We Laid Off about 5 to 6 drivers, 2 or 3 drivers took voluntary 1 or 2 week layoffs recently. We lost some money in November, probably will lose in December when accounting reports in.
We did not get our Xmas bonus, $100 or $200 depending on Time in sevice, we will not get a COLA for 2009.
No one tried to buy us, the company is not for sale.
I have been there over 3 years, I am near the bottom of the list, but have worked every single day at least 11 hours M to Friday.
We are really hustling some freight, the city drivers and dock crew are very proud of our sucesses, but it has been tough.
Ed Warters is the big terminal Boss.
Bob Mead is operations.
They are keeping us running with the minimum possible personnel. It is working OK right now..but if we get one busy day or week, we could get behind real fast.
One sad note: there was a bad accident recently..we are waiting to see what happens with that. Thats all i will mention about that.
Ward will be just fine in 09..happy new years
:1036316054:good to see somebody from Ward with decent news !!!:clap: