Holland | What's going on with our loading?

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
jrrPNnv.jpg

now that is really some sad pictures . nobody cares anymore where did the load come from. we get a lot of freight in s.b. that comes out of Memphis that looks bad when I worked the dock I always had to pick up and rewrap freight to make damaged freight look better it really looks bad at the customer to deliver damaged freight I put some of the blame on the supervisors too for not checking the trailer before closing and sealing it to make sure it is blocked to ride. now if I was a betting man:thumbsdown: I would bet this load came out of Memphis or Atlanta :upset::frown new::17113:

St Louis, Memphis, and Atlanta are the absolute worst. Stacking 4 high with the heavy freight on top. Not using load bars to prevent shifting. Just because its ok when you load it doesnt mean after hundreds of miles of bouncing it will hold up. I blame the company and their constant desire for load average.

Couple couple more.
now that is really some sad pictures . nobody cares anymore where did the load come from. we get a lot of freight in s.b. that comes out of Memphis that looks bad when I worked the dock I always had to pick up and rewrap freight to make damaged freight look better it really looks bad at the customer to deliver damaged freight I put some of the blame on the supervisors too for not checking the trailer before closing and sealing it to make sure it is blocked to ride. now if I was a betting man:thumbsdown: I would bet this load came out of Memphis or Atlanta :upset::frown new::17113:
Actually I'm in Memphis. I've seen some of our OB pics. This load was out of St Louis. And there's more..

Load bars cause a lot of damages. But mostly our fault. God please don't load freaking lawnmowerers on bars. Oh yea the newest bar frt is rolls of paper that don't even fit load bars. Back when I worked outbound we used dunagge and old pallets and our claims were nothing. Different system different time.

Load bars cause a lot of damages. But mostly our fault. God please don't load freaking lawnmowerers on bars. Oh yea the newest bar frt is rolls of paper that don't even fit load bars. Back when I worked outbound we used dunagge and old pallets and our claims were nothing. Different system different time.
They really should only be used to keep freight from tipping over not for stacking. The newest one I have seen lately, and I'm not sure what terminal its out of, are skids of newspaper ads stacked two or three high. They never make it and are a complete mess when they blow apart.

Holland Corporate has a new "picture policy' of certain A lanes.

Either it must be maxed by weight or it must be stacked and packed. If one of our A lanes is not maxed by weight, then Super's have me build the back of the trailer with bars. I try and stack it as tight as I can, but we all know most of the damage occurs in the back third of the trailer.

Just another example of YRC Think-Bots trying to find reasons to ax Old School Holland Managers. If it ain't broke don't fix it, or maybe YRC is trying to break it.

St Louis, Memphis, and Atlanta are the absolute worst. Stacking 4 high with the heavy freight on top. Not using load bars to prevent shifting. Just because its ok when you load it doesnt mean after hundreds of miles of bouncing it will hold up. I blame the company and their constant desire for load average.
Ltl thinking versus overnight delivery.

08IXG7m.jpg

This came in a couple of weeks ago from Western Kentucky. Rode just like this 500 miles to AK. The Customer that owns this just won the lottery and doesn't even know it!

St Louis it's been bad.

I'm in SL. It's the supervisors. Forcing casuals who don't know wtf they're doing to stack these loads. They just cycle these new hires into stacking the way they want it done. Numbers only, they don't care about how the load looks. I try to tell these guys to take the time and do it right. More interested in whats going on with facebook and looking good then listening. Suckass bitches.

Load bars are not made to have freight sitting on top of them.......EVER! If a Sup. told me to put freight on top of load bars, I would tell him to pull his head out of his ass. And if he made me do it anyway, I would take a picture of it and show the picture to his bosses, the ones above his Terminal Manager.
And to whomever loaded that load in Griz's picture, you deserve to be flipping burgers for a living.

08IXG7m.jpg

This came in a couple of weeks ago from Western Kentucky. Rode just like this 500 miles to AK. The Customer that owns this just won the lottery and doesn't even know it!
If you get another one of them send it to my house, will ya?

I disagree with this one, ours have max load limit labels on them and I'm confident that it is not the weight to be held in place that is referenced on those labels.
I'm talking about the ratchet style of load bars because that is what Holland has. Read the fine print, they are used to secure freight, NOT to hold freight up, with weight sitting on top of them. The labels used to say that anyway. They aren't to be used to hold freight up because there is nothing securing it's grip to the wall. Take a load bar with a bent rubber covered grip, and it barely grips the wall, so how much weight will that hold? How about with dirty, dust covered trailer walls, how much will that rubber grip then?
If there is no permanent locking device on the wall, there should never be any freight stacked on top.