Holland | What's going on with our loading?

I'm talking about the ratchet style of load bars because that is what Holland has. Read the fine print, they are used to secure freight, NOT to hold freight up, with weight sitting on top of them.
Now that would not only be correct it would be common sense. IF someone is using those to stack freight on they need to find another career. :ranting2:

Yep.
Holland trailers DO NOT have a proper stacking system built in to them.
I have to disagree. ... it's been a while since I worked at Holland. ... but they did have deck trailers with decking bars that did lock into the wall. You had to use common sense when you loaded freight on them. ....it had to be light. I remember the 4 way skids sat nicely on them ....I would put a logistic bar in the front and back to help keep it in place.

When I ran velocity erie to buffalo I loaded my own trailers and never had a problem using them.

The rubber load bars are meant for drums...holding pallet jack to the freight. ....not to stack on... if that is what their doing. ...it's going to fail.

jrrPNnv.jpg

This is a logistic bar trailer. .... just not used properly.

You get what you pay for $$$$ !!! when we are the lowest paid dock & driver's in the ltl industry ,this is what you get !!
Really? Lowest paid full time dock workers in the industry? I would beg to differ. The non unions don't pay their full time much at all and their HWP is a joke. Union FT Dock should crush the production of a the competition. That is where customers should see the difference.

I disagree with this one, ours have max load limit labels on them and I'm confident that it is not the weight to be held in place that is referenced on those labels.
think people need to know the difference between load bars and logistic bars. load bars should never be used to do anything but secure a load from shifting. logistic bars are for stacking but with common sense. piano on the ground, piano seat in the air. training is required but if you can't remember heavy on the bottom and not on top, you may rethink if that person should be operating heavy equipment at all.

Really? Lowest paid full time dock workers in the industry? I would beg to differ. The non unions don't pay their full time much at all and their HWP is a joke. Union FT Dock should crush the production of a the competition. That is where customers should see the difference.
oriolefan ,you need to check the pay of other companies , because Holland pays $11.90 for P.T. dock start after the -15% , and XPO-conway is $15.00 start and Old Dom . is $15.00 start , so where do you think the good P.T. dock workers will go work at ??? thinking the $15.00 hour start ones !!

think people need to know the difference between load bars and logistic bars. load bars should never be used to do anything but secure a load from shifting. logistic bars are for stacking but with common sense. piano on the ground, piano seat in the air. training is required but if you can't remember heavy on the bottom and not on top, you may rethink if that person should be operating heavy equipment at all.
Load bar, logistics bar. Whatever. You call it a water fountain, we here call it a bubbler. Its all the same and the morons that loaded that ring like that should have to pick it up themselves

I have to disagree. ... it's been a while since I worked at Holland. ... but they did have deck trailers with decking bars that did lock into the wall. You had to use common sense when you loaded freight on them. ....it had to be light. I remember the 4 way skids sat nicely on them ....I would put a logistic bar in the front and back to help keep it in place.

The rubber load bars are meant for drums...holding pallet jack to the freight. ....not to stack on... if that is what their doing. ...it's going to fail.
You are 100% correct Stimpy. I stand corrected. I forgot about that logistics bar system that was installed on the newer trailers back when I left. I was only remembering those clumsy deck trailers that were getting fazed out when I left. The deck trailers that bent the roll over cage on the forklifts.
They were trying to only use those logistics trailers for line haul, and not city.
:1036316054:

Load bar, logistics bar. Whatever. You call it a water fountain, we here call it a bubbler. Its all the same and the morons that loaded that ring like that should have to pick it up themselves
it isn't the same but you go right ahead and keep telling yourself it is and let me know how that works out for you. that would be like calling a full time dock worker and a dock casual the same and I am pretty sure we all agree they are completely different.

When I ran velocity erie to buffalo I loaded my own trailers and never had a problem using them.

I find it hard to believe even a moron would know not to try and use a load lock as a deck bar. But we have people over here that I honestly believe think air bags self inflate and all they have to do is stick them in between skids.

it isn't the same but you go right ahead and keep telling yourself it is and let me know how that works out for you. that would be like calling a full time dock worker and a dock casual the same and I am pretty sure we all agree they are completely different.
Everyone here calls them all load bars. Its been working out just fine too thanks.

A logistic bar locks into the trailer wall..... a load bar presses outwards on to the walls. ...I can't believe I had to explain the difference ....
Here a load bar can be either. Cant really find too many that press against the wall at my barn anyway. And if you do find one, its busted.

It's all a matter of semantics and there should just be a straight bar on the market that's 102 1/2" long with rubber feet on it so we can just wedge it in there.