Holland | What's going on with the company ?

Take another toke and go for three bucks an hour....what the hell ten dollars an hour! Put down the bong and be thankful if you get one percent a year and get to keep your insurance. There are hundreds of people who can kind of drive a truck and speak english waiting for your job.
What are they waiting for? The opportunity to work at holland? Oh i get it, they're waiting for the BK in 2019, and a chance to drive at the the new non union yrcw.

What are they waiting for? The opportunity to work at holland? Oh i get it, they're waiting for the BK in 2019, and a chance to drive at the the new non union yrcw.
I am not saying they are great new employees but if anyone has noticed there is a steady line of new guys and gals going through orientation. Take a look at the sign in sheet when you get to a busy terminal and it is just amazing how many drivers will have employee numbers starting with a four.

I am not saying they are great new employees but if anyone has noticed there is a steady line of new guys and gals going through orientation. Take a look at the sign in sheet when you get to a busy terminal and it is just amazing how many drivers will have employee numbers starting with a four.
whats amazing is how many that are hired and how few stay and/or arent fired.

uXGfHhQ.jpg

You forgot one partner... number eleven.. can't read to save your life...

Yes there is that, and our night ops guy will "counsel" them that they do NOT have to join the union. Most of them want no part of the union.
they'll self bargain for what they want. Of course I'm looking at it from the city side, not the road side.

Yes there is that, and our night ops guy will "counsel" them that they do NOT have to join the union. Most of them want no part of the union.
they'll self bargain for what they want. Of course I'm looking at it from the city side, not the road side.
Just curious what barn are you out of?

It is beyond me how a driver could not figure out it won't fit. Even if they can't read, do the have no sense of height? But he can be excused from this wreck for the simple fact of who hired him. Swift, says it all. von. Forgot, remember what Forest said, stupid is as stupid does.

It is beyond me how a driver could not figure out it won't fit. Even if they can't read, do the have no sense of height? But he can be excused from this wreck for the simple fact of who hired him. Swift, says it all. von. Forgot, remember what Forest said, stupid is as stupid does.

VON, lets not be too hasty to condemn, maybe he did think the 15mph rule applied to bridges also.

VON, lets not be too hasty to condemn, maybe he did think the 15mph rule applied to bridges also.
Oh Lord please forgive me. And make sure the gates are open for Seabreeze, for he has taken my confession & absolved me of my transgression. I don't know about the rest of ya, but that second sentence was a little over the top for even me. Thanks Seabreeze. von.

Oh Lord please forgive me. And make sure the gates are open for Seabreeze, for he has taken my confession & absolved me of my transgression. I don't know about the rest of ya, but that second sentence was a little over the top for even me. Thanks Seabreeze. von.

Von, if you are not familiar with the 15mph rule, if I'm not mistaken,Abfer put that rule in effect
he commented if you maintained 15mph, the air shield on tractor would flip any low hanging wires over your trailer.
Hope that was HIS comment.

Von, if you are not familiar with the 15mph rule, if I'm not mistaken,Abfer put that rule in effect
he commented if you maintained 15mph, the air shield on tractor would flip any low hanging wires over your trailer.
Hope that was HIS comment.
I was not familiar with the rule. But if ABF started it, so be it. Somebody had to. How can a driver who has passes all the CDL written & skills test, & I am sure watched a bunch of videos during his hiring process, not have enough common sense to not drive under the bridge. It not only boggles the mind, but really scares the crap out of me when passing a semi on the road or one behind me, that their might be a driver behind the wheel with no common sense that might kill me or my family. I know, out with the old & in with the new. But skills from when we started back in the 60 70 & 80's are very much lacking in the newbies that enter this industry. And the Feds encourage it. Welcome to the Concrete Highway of America. von.

Can anyone tell me if there are any rules that are still in effect for dispatch? I know first in first out is no longer used and first in longest run out is out the window. Do these dispatchers follow any of the rules anymore? I am so sick of their lies....I mean excuses.....no I guess I did mean lies!