Holland | What's going on with the company ?

yrc-atm I am going to ask you this question but anyone can jump in and answer it. I had to kick freight Saturday night in MI and I don't have a lot of experience with those forklifts that use the big tanks for fuel. When you fire them up after they have been sitting do they always idle super fast for about five minutes before the idle drops down and they become safe to drive? Can you explain this to me. Thanks!
Some do. Most have over 25000 hours on them and if you start one and the engine is going full throttle, shut it down and grab a different one. The throttle bodies get really gunked up and will stick wide open at times.

Some do. Most have over 25000 hours on them and if you start one and the engine is going full throttle, shut it down and grab a different one. The throttle bodies get really gunked up and will stick wide open at times.
OK, so it's not suppose to do it. I thought that might be the case so I shut the first one down and hopped on another one, that one would not even turn over must have had a dead battery so I hopped on a third one and that one ran wide open also. Well I unloaded really fast for about five minutes until the idle finally dropped off to normal. I guess the drivers are not the only ones that have to put up with poor maintenance! Better put some more safety gadgets on the equipment that beep and holler at you instead of fixing things that really need fixing!

Well it seems that these concession's have come back to bite them , with freight sitting and nobody will apply, workers moral low & nobody gives a s*** any more !! , good idea old yellow had huh ??:censored:

Where have all the spare empty trailer's went too ??? back to having to empty out a trap trailer's !!! :confusion:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that every week it seems like Central does a worse job then the week before? They just ignore all of the rules and make up excuses for all the wrong stupid decisions they make every night. I have never seen such a bunch of incompetent dispatchers in my life.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that every week it seems like Central does a worse job then the week before? They just ignore all of the rules and make up excuses for all the wrong stupid decisions they make every night. I have never seen such a bunch of incompetent dispatchers in my life.

Or just poor decisions in general. Came out of bed in Huntington with an empty to Greensboro- Call central, "take that empty on to Charlotte"

...don't mind if I do!

How about the weight and research guy threatening writing warning letters if you aren't 100 % on scales. The green vests are pushing us to the edge.

The list of dumb ass bull ::shit:: stuff is long! It seems like the union and least at my barn really is not very interested in fighting for our rights and what is right. With the pension in the :shit:ter I wonder sometime about just going to a non union and starting over, but I am pretty old for that! Oh will better take a shower and hope tonight is better than last night. I am sure I will have some old piece of ::shit:: tractor that is worse than my usual piece of ::shit:: tractor because I had that high soot level critical bullshit message on my dash last night.....isn't life grand!

With the pension in the :shit:ter I wonder sometime about just going to a non union and starting over, but I am pretty old for that!
Been there, done that.
The smartest move I've ever made.
:1036316054:

Age is just a number. If you have good skills and work ethic, you have good value to other companies.

So , it will be interesting on how Holland will stay in business , with the inability to hire Driver's ??, it will be crazy after the 1st of year when a lot of Driver's are retiring or Quitting after the Holiday pay and sick days renewed 1st year ! this -15% is coming back around to bite them now !!

So , it will be interesting on how Holland will stay in business , with the inability to hire Driver's ??, it will be crazy after the 1st of year when a lot of Driver's are retiring or Quitting after the Holiday pay and sick days renewed 1st year ! this -15% is coming back around to bite them now !!
I smiled last night, got called into Fort Wayne barn from the motel and waiting for my paperwork to come out and they had their pictures of the outline of the trucks on the wall with the big heading that they need fifteen leads a week for new drivers and on the bottom it says that this week we have received one. ONE, Made me smile! :D

I smiled last night, got called into Fort Wayne barn from the motel and waiting for my paperwork to come out and they had their pictures of the outline of the trucks on the wall with the big heading that they need fifteen leads a week for new drivers and on the bottom it says that this week we have received one. ONE, Made me smile! :D
Yep , some how now it's OUR job to find Driver's ???? here a clue we need to match non-union pay scale to get Driver's !!