XPO | What's happening at XMD?

MAYHEM666

TB Regular
Credits
As of today 1/11/07 there have been three high profile managers as well as drivers leave the company. Now mind you this is the second most profitable terminal in the company as well as the best operating ratio in the region. Jeff, E 20yr veteran scm left some three months ago, Jerry J, ten year veteran of sales at xmd quit 1/05/07 and most recently Mike A. personel mgr1/11/07. also a 13 yr veteran. Could it be that there is a conflict in upper mgmt or is it something more? As I hear it at team xmd custodial duties are now being done by the drivers as a further cost cutting measure, how many points do you get for clogging up a toilet? the new tm's nickname is Plunge Bob! He made a driver / personell mgr clean up the mess. So stay tuned for more.

I hear rumors on what's going on :BlahBlah: but there was a posting and Con-way taught us not to spread them unless they were fact.

custodial duties performed by drivers would be a good idea in my opinion. maybe then they'd learn to hit the urinal/toilet, rinse out the sink instead of leaving it full of soap and filth, and just generally pick up after themselves around the terminal instead of leaving it for the cleaning people. i never understood why our terminal had people come in and sweep the dock after inbound was done in the morning, when we had the people there that could do it. i guess maybe to save money, but i figure if people were made to clean up after themselves we wouldnt have to hire people to clean up after us. just my 2 cents.

custodial duties performed by drivers would be a good idea in my opinion. maybe then they'd learn to hit the urinal/toilet, rinse out the sink instead of leaving it full of soap and filth, and just generally pick up after themselves around the terminal instead of leaving it for the cleaning people. i never understood why our terminal had people come in and sweep the dock after inbound was done in the morning, when we had the people there that could do it. i guess maybe to save money, but i figure if people were made to clean up after themselves we wouldn't have to hire people to clean up after us. just my 2 cents.
Would this be on the log and what pay code would you use? Many people at team Conway may not know how to keep a bath room clean.For some at Conway the first time they used in door pluming was the first day they walked in to a service center.I think what the top post was trying to say was why couldn't the T.M. plunge out the the toilet.I read somewhere that a good part of leadership is leading by example.Lets look at many great leaders PATTON,GALVIN,SHERMAN and others.They would never ask a subordinate to do something that they would do them self's.Let look here in our own little family.Which mangers get the most respect,The one's who are willing to get in the dirt with you.Just thinking again,Sorry.Man I need a jack and kool-aid.

A driver told me that morale is so low over there, infact it's at it's lowest point ever. No one wants to work for an SCM that doesn't even have people skills.
I hope they can iron out their differences and morale can get a quick pep boost.
Maybe they need some kool-aid?

Very funny story on the new plunging duties. I like the name Plunge Bob it's kind of funny. Some people can't lead by example cause and it sounds like the SCM is acting like a prima donna. Not a good thing if XMD is the second most profitable terminal in the company as well as having the best operating ratio in the region

pri·ma donna n.
A temperamental, conceited person.

the T.M. at xmd mainly stays in his office, i don't know of any driver that has had a real conversation with him, he has threatend salery people wth their raises for a bad suprise aduit recently,wrote a 20=yr man for not haveing his 4ways on in the yard,yes the moral at XMD is the lowest ever seen ask anybody that is there,look for more people to leave soon ,thanks to his my way or highway B.S. Jeff is missed, he may have been easy going but the job still got done and they made great numbers for the size of the terminal I think #2 in the region,doubt that will be the case in the future, but maybe that is what the top brass want, who knows.The girls in the office are as miserable as the rest of the people there....

the writing was on the wall during the first mass exodus from xdp, now its xmd.
management by fear. maybe old fatbeard and mr scarecrow get called on the carpet now for promoting the silliness that they caused that will ultimately be the demise of this once great company. maybe the big cw boys will step in and lop off the heads that are responsible for the huge decrease in biz so far in 2007. its hard to run a trucking company without drivers and good people
dm and bm need to find new addresses before any more good people leave
and what about that region manager here that condones this stuff, he's too busy looking for hookers

Very sad and well said about XMD. Jerry and Mike were very hard workers, dedicated to their jobs. They even took it to a new level with their work ethics and were stand up guys who loved to talk to their people at anytime.
Very sad when they get threatened on their raises. What an :butthead: hole TM if you ask me.

Billybob, I heard the same thing of Plunge Bob malingering in his office for hours on end. Not chatting with the drivers, dragging people into his office and making himself consistently unavailable. Like you said every single employee is upset. Thats like 100+ employees against him. Even heard from a driver that an FOS heard the reason for the low holday dinner turnout was because of him. (I love how news travels all over the place)
Who promoted this guy? He is not ready for a Class 2 terminal. He should of stayed at XFD. Atleast the low morale would be limited to a smaller amount of employees. I bet XFD is very happy that he left. Now he is infecting one of the best terminals in the region. Who wants to work for a morale killing TM like that?
Wrote up for not having 4-ways on? He's not the only one there that got dinged on it.
What happened to the friendly communications meeting where you can address the issue, blanket every one and put the kabosh on it. Oh I forgot :duh: he is not a people person.

XDP and now XMD maybe XAU is next. I hear things are a bit lowly over there with there TM and OM. (total DSR avoiders unless he bumps into them) He's also been known to consistently disappear for hours on end without any question whatsoever by the person who is 50 square tiles away from him. The RM.

I hope XGO doesn't sweep this under the Crystal carpet and makes a very special trip to boost morale otherwise the great people will be gone and the damage control will be scrapping for supervisors like they scrap for apprentices.
If a good, stand up employee leaves, who in there right mind will want to step up to the plate and take that kind of crap?

Sorry but, Con-way Freight is losing great people to Fedex Freight and there are more to leave who will take their expertise to even higher levels over there and blow the doors off Con-way. I refused to believe it but now I am seeing and hearing about it.
I am saddened:17:

Very sad and well said about XMD. Jerry and Mike were very hard workers, dedicated to their jobs. They even took it to a new level with their work ethics and were stand up guys who loved to talk to their people at anytime.
Very sad when they get threatened on their raises. What an :butthead: hole TM if you ask me.

Billybob, I heard the same thing of Plunge Bob malingering in his office for hours on end. Not chatting with the drivers, dragging people into his office and making himself consistently unavailable. Like you said every single employee is upset. Thats like 100+ employees against him. Even heard from a driver that an FOS heard the reason for the low holday dinner turnout was because of him. (I love how news travels all over the place)
Who promoted this guy? He is not ready for a Class 2 terminal. He should of stayed at XFD. Atleast the low morale would be limited to a smaller amount of employees. I bet XFD is very happy that he left. Now he is infecting one of the best terminals in the region. Who wants to work for a morale killing TM like that?
Wrote up for not having 4-ways on? He's not the only one there that got dinged on it.
What happened to the friendly communications meeting where you can address the issue, blanket every one and put the kabosh on it. Oh I forgot :duh: he is not a people person.

XDP and now XMD maybe XAU is next. I hear things are a bit lowly over there with there TM and OM. (total DSR avoiders unless he bumps into them) He's also been known to consistently disappear for hours on end without any question whatsoever by the person who is 50 square tiles away from him. The RM.

I hope XGO doesn't sweep this under the Crystal carpet and makes a very special trip to boost morale otherwise the great people will be gone and the damage control will be scrapping for supervisors like they scrap for apprentices.
If a good, stand up employee leaves, who in there right mind will want to step up to the plate and take that kind of crap?

Sorry but, Con-way Freight is losing great people to Fedex Freight and there are more to leave who will take their expertise to even higher levels over there and blow the doors off Con-way. I refused to believe it but now I am seeing and hearing about it.
I am saddened:17:
Does this plunge bob no that a place not far from him called ZOIN is coming soon or Is he that blind.He my want to get his C.D.L..

the writing was on the wall during the first mass exodus from xdp, now its xmd.
management by fear. maybe old fatbeard and mr scarecrow get called on the carpet now for promoting the silliness that they caused that will ultimately be the demise of this once great company. maybe the big cw boys will step in and lop off the heads that are responsible for the huge decrease in biz so far in 2007. its hard to run a trucking company without drivers and good people
dm and bm need to find new addresses before any more good people leave
and what about that region manager here that condones this stuff, he's too busy looking for hookers
The R.M. (BIG DICK G) is a master at covering things up.The only things he cares about is hiding from the glass house(XGO).The funnest thing was the last time dig Dave came around It was a week after the driver on the south side got busted for trying to pick up a cop.Dave to dick in the car.Well dick I can see your drivers are fallowing by example.You need to work on training them to ask if they are a cop first.Yes Dave I will make it happen.

The story gets even better at XMD...Now the FOM Dean E. is clearly wearing his two-faced mask, hindering chances for promotability and riding the line of "defamation of character" by falsly accusing people of certain actions, while acting like the sleuth he thinks he is. He is another work of fake art.

Does this plunge bob no that a place not far from him called ZOIN is coming soon or Is he that blind.He my want to get his C.D.L..
Not sure if he does. Thats the latest buzz going around.
Fedex Freight has a brand new terminal, going to need many drivers, CSR's, FOS's.
I wouldn't be surprised if the local upper management was scouting out their competition as well as the people visiting.

Plungebob undercover wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat and sporting a Dirty Sanchez moustache.:hysterical:

A wise man once said that if you build it they will come, with this in mind there are 102 doors going up in Zion with the capacity for 40 more.Slated to open in Feb, the way I see it XMD's operations ratio as well as the LR will improve shortly. This will give plonge Bob as well as the Rm more time for cutodial duties and skirt chasing.:smilie_132:

A wise man once said that if you build it they will come, with this in mind there are 102 doors going up in Zion with the capacity for 40 more.Slated to open in Feb, the way I see it XMD's operations ratio as well as the LR will improve shortly. This will give plonge Bob as well as the Rm more time for cutodial duties and skirt chasing.:smilie_132:
I can't believe I just seen that,Wow.

Not sure if he does. Thats the latest buzz going around.
Fedex Freight has a brand new terminal, going to need many drivers, CSR's, FOS's.
I wouldn't be surprised if the local upper management was scouting out their competition as well as the people visiting.

Plunge bob undercover wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat and sporting a Dirty Sanchez mustache.:hysterical:
Maybe this is proof of the future of Conway.

I did some checking in the 2004 milemarker.Robert(bob)M.A grad of southern Illinois University,He earned a bachelors in eduction.He start as a A.E. at xau until 5/99.Then to XRL and then XFD.I called a hunting Buddie up north who knew a XFD driver and he said he was a real peace of work up there.What is funny I know a few XMD drivers from the reship.They don't take any crap what so ever.One of them Has the N.L.R.B AND THE LABOR DEPORTMENT speed dialed in his cell phone.One time a driver asked him how do you get them to leave you alone.He stated.Three words.Litigation,Litigation and litigation.Someone tell me this.Who picks the service center managers.Is it the R.M or XGO?

Just stating the facts sir. Just the facts:1036316054:

I would jump in a heartbeat just to have a happier place to work at. Getting so sick and tired of hearing about low morale, losing customers, idiot TM and FOM's while nothing is being done about it.
Do they really take care of their employees like everyone else says they do? I'm not looking for a back rub or anything after a long day on the dock. :hysterical:
They are always one of the top picks in those Fortune 100-500 reports.