XPO | What's happening at XMD?

Oh I agree, you'll have to ask someone in XMD why this act of treason was necessary

do you think it was done out of frustration,because of the cuts or because they dont want to wear the belts,put the belts on take the belts off....hell stand on youre head if they pay u to do it....conway is taking more than most are willing to give,when we know that the company is strong,but i do agree that there is a better way to express youre anger,thiswas vandalism and the guy who did it will never be able to say y he did it. I THINK IT WAS AN ACT OF A COWARD!!!!!!!

I heard about it for awhile now. I was waiting for an XMD employee to post something. I guess they were scared the Feds and G.O were looking in here too.

if law enforcement was asking questions was anyone smart enough to ask that a lawyer be present,I will bet not,conway scare tactics,they make me want to scream,would these drivers have been threatened with termination if they would of refused to be interviewed by law enforcement without legal representation????????????
And of course G.O. looks at these boards,I have a TM that calls in before he gets in to hear what the latest gossip is coming from the drivers room,can u imagine what happens at G.O.

I heard about it for awhile now. I was waiting for an XMD employee to post something. I guess they were scared the Feds and G.O were looking in here too.

If he wants to get caught all he needs to do is tell one of his FRIENDS that is lower than him on the board:nutkick::smilie_132:

I realize the putting on/taking off of the belt in a situation where you are working hard and fast is a pain in the :eck13: but like I told my driver (after hearing of the death in Dallas several years ago) if he gets hurt or killed from not being safe then he'll have me to contend with. Yeah, even at the funeral home he won't have any peace and quiet! :Flame-On:

But for someone to cut the belts off? To act that stupid? Put lives in danger?? I hope they find the guy and he gets more than he deserves :ranting2: . Heck if they find him I might make a visit...... :nutkick:

I realize the putting on/taking off of the belt in a situation where you are working hard and fast is a pain in the :eck13: but like I told my driver (after hearing of the death in Dallas several years ago) if he gets hurt or killed from not being safe then he'll have me to contend with. Yeah, even at the funeral home he won't have any peace and quiet! :Flame-On:

But for someone to cut the belts off? To act that stupid? Put lives in danger?? I hope they find the guy and he gets more than he deserves :ranting2: . Heck if they find him I might make a visit...... :nutkick:

Man do you sound like my wife,but all kidding aside most guys dont realize that there are at least a million ways to get hurt if not killed doing this kind of work.Most guys are good at what they do and make it look easy but lets face it guys,we take alot of chances to get the job done,not so much on the road but on the dock,and me i got knocked on my *** by a forklift,because i and the other driver were not watching what the other was doing,get knocked down once and u will understand how powerful a forklift is against a 200lb man,,,i didnt have a chance,,,,but luckily i didnt get ran over just knocked over

My driver has a little bit of an attitude when it comes to 'his rights' and being told to buckle up, don't do this or do that so I have to get an attitude also to make him see the other side of things. Not sure if I get through that thick skull sometimes but so far he's pretty much been accident free.

I guess being a mother that always had to look for possible accidents for the kids to get into has caused me to be more aware of things.

Then again years back on a cruise my husband kept telling me he could feel the ship move when I couldn't unless it was turning. I realized that years of having to be aware of his trailers and any possible problems had caused his awareness. I said that to state that we all have to watch out and use your experience to look ahead or have enough sense to listen to someone else once in a while.

My driver has a little bit of an attitude when it comes to 'his rights' and being told to buckle up, don't do this or do that so I have to get an attitude also to make him see the other side of things. Not sure if I get through that thick skull sometimes but so far he's pretty much been accident free.

I guess being a mother that always had to look for possible accidents for the kids to get into has caused me to be more aware of things.

Then again years back on a cruise my husband kept telling me he could feel the ship move when I couldn't unless it was turning. I realized that years of having to be aware of his trailers and any possible problems had caused his awareness. I said that to state that we all have to watch out and use your experience to look ahead or have enough sense to listen to someone else once in a while.

but usual conway only acts when something happens,it takes somebody to get killed to tell us to use the belts that have always been there,now u know that someone figured out what time this will cost them when we wear them but i will bet they only did this because they are being sued for not enforcing this from day one,its all about lbs per man hour:TR10driving03:hurry up till someone gets hurt

do you think it was done out of frustration,because of the cuts or because they dont want to wear the belts,put the belts on take the belts off....hell stand on youre head if they pay u to do it....conway is taking more than most are willing to give,when we know that the company is strong,but i do agree that there is a better way to express youre anger,thiswas vandalism and the guy who did it will never be able to say y he did it. I THINK IT WAS AN ACT OF A COWARD!!!!!!!

That and a disgruntled stupid ::shit:: head, that could have shut down the whole operation if this idiot was waiting to report that no one was wearing seat belts while operating forklifts. Especially after a law suit was lost.

if law enforcement was asking questions was anyone smart enough to ask that a lawyer be present,I will bet not,conway scare tactics,they make me want to scream,would these drivers have been threatened with termination if they would of refused to be interviewed by law enforcement without legal representation????????????
And of course G.O. looks at these boards,I have a TM that calls in before he gets in to hear what the latest gossip is coming from the drivers room,can u imagine what happens at G.O.

I doubt G.O or anyone would oppose using your right to legal representation.
But on the other hand, if you did nothing, you have nothing to fear. Just tell them the truth, it's a freeservice that will set you free. (sorry for the cliche' insertion)

Sometimes hearing the latest gossip is good for you, I know I always like reading the gossip on here. G.O love it also. I'm sure they laugh at the silly stuff we complain about and also take to heart the seriousness of what we complain about.

If he wants to get caught all he needs to do is tell one of his FRIENDS that is lower than him on the board:nutkick::smilie_132:

Total rumor, no confirmation on this statement:
I was told they terminated the driver because they did not like his answers towards this act of premeditated vandalism.
Not sure if this person is even the right culprit, maybe his answers sucked. Either way, if he is 100% not guilty and was terminated for this, thats the point when you need legal representation. If he has an ounce of guilt in him, he will do nothing and fade away. G.O will know they scored and their ::shit:: don't stink.

• Another rumor is that an FOS was involved with others.
  • Another rumor is that a 10,000 dollar reward was issued.
  • Another rumor is that the TM was on call and watching over the terminal that weekend. (It happened during his watch when he was away)
  • And the final truth is if this so called person is the "lone belt cutter" reading these topics and has not been apprehended yet, he won't ever say a word.
  • If more were involved, it's a matter of time before they slip up.

Karma will come to those involved.

but usual conway only acts when something happens,it takes somebody to get killed to tell us to use the belts that have always been there,now u know that someone figured out what time this will cost them when we wear them but i will bet they only did this because they are being sued for not enforcing this from day one,its all about lbs per man hour:TR10driving03:hurry up till someone gets hurt

It's not just Con-way acting after the fact, it's many businesses. They fail to be proactive and follow basic instruction on properly using equipment and correcting things that could be a safety hazard.

Sometimes we see things and are just too lazy to do something about it. (That's an attitude to divorce from) We should always be on the look out and report things to the appropriate people.

I doubt G.O or anyone would oppose using your right to legal representation.
But on the other hand, if you did nothing, you have nothing to fear. Just tell them the truth, it's a freeservice that will set you free. (sorry for the cliche' insertion)

Sometimes hearing the latest gossip is good for you, I know I always like reading the gossip on here. G.O love it also. I'm sure they laugh at the silly stuff we complain about and also take to heart the seriousness of what we complain about.

we could argue this all day,,,,but have you ever been loi"d for something u didnt do.....so with conway even if you did nothing you still have something to fear

Con-way is pretty darn good and near spot on when they give discipline, especially when it escalates to an LOI.
Everyone in my 13 year career at CCX/Con-way who progressively received a Note To File (NTF), Incident Report (I.R) up to a Letter Of Instruction (LOI) deserved it.

Personally, I'm proud to say I never ever ever received an I.R or LOI.
I got a NTF for not writing "Single Shipment" on a bill of lading, I thought it was a raw deal but when I thought about it, I was in a hurry and was also told twice before.

I'm curious to hear those examples.

Con-way is pretty darn good and near spot on when they give discipline, especially when it escalates to an LOI.
Everyone in my 13 year career at CCX/Con-way who progressively received a Note To File (NTF), Incident Report (I.R) up to a Letter Of Instruction (LOI) deserved it.

Personally, I'm proud to say I never ever ever received an I.R or LOI.
I got a NTF for not writing "Single Shipment" on a bill of lading, I thought it was a raw deal but when I thought about it, I was in a hurry and was also told twice before.

I'm curious to hear those examples.

I never have issued an LOI without knowing for sure it was deserved...I am, however, the proud owner of an LOI in my file for refusing to issue one that was not deserved..