Whats happening here:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Next time I come up I visit. I'm still pissed at myself for letting a $15,000 lot slide out from under me on one of your peninsulas near an airport. :regretful:

2. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

I bought a lot of stuff from them back in the day when it was one of the last places you could still get American made stuff, haven't bought from them in years. Speaking of Chinese junk, remember these?

[​IMG]

I have a vintage one I use in the kitchen, last forever and they're just cool, now they're made in China, the reviews on Amazon say they're junk, one said it broke the first time they used it....threw it away.

Magoo, Woody and ABFer like this.
  3. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

Maine could always tax Stephen King novels.....:6788:

Magoo and Woody like this.
  4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Just remember that those people who will never eliminate the loopholes, are the same ones that utilize them to the fullest at tax time.
    They will never vote themselves a pay cut or an elimination of the loopholes that they benefit from.

5. Northern Flash

Most businesses and rich people hire expensive accountants that know how to find every tax deduction possible that is within the (10 inches thick) tax code book. They find ways to deduct every expense imaginable to lower their taxable income. Many of them can make over 250K per year and hardly pay any taxes on it. The average American tax payer can't hide most of those (loophole) deductions because our tax records are much more simplified.

6. Northern Flash

Sometimes I think that Washington likes the anarchy, that way the American people can't focus on their shenanigans.

True. But Obama couldn't even get his own party's representatives to support most of his tyranny, so he just went around "the system".
    He obviously thinks that the value of "three equal branches of Govt." is way overrated.

7. Northern Flash

You buy it, you pay taxes on it.

Who buys the most expensive stuff? The rich. So they pay the most in taxes with a fair tax.

8. Northern Flash

But that same stuff that you buy, you pay taxes on. The rich guy and/or business owner gets to write it off on their taxes via the "loopholes". The fair tax scraps the opportunities for the rich people to avoid paying their taxes like they currently do.

9. Northern Flash

The agriculture industry is allowed to keep those "poor wages" because they have found people who are willing to live in the same dwelling, stacked in there like firewood. Those houses look more like a military barracks than a dwelling. They pool their "poor wages" together to survive. They are killing our job market and keeping wages down.

10. Northern Flash

:poke:

:732:

11. Northern Flash

Here is a perfect example of a tax "loophole" that should be fixed and eliminated.

If I owned my own business...........
    and (if) I had a house big enough to have extra bedrooms, I could write off at least one of them as an "office", and the square footage that is used for that "office" becomes like a rental unit as far as my taxes go, but it's in my own house. That room rental space becomes a tax deduction for my business. That is.........if I owned my own business.
    :hide:

Point being, if I owned my own business and it made 100k per year, my house payment could be greatly reduced, where an average truck driver making 100k per year has to pay the full payment.

That's a loophole in my opinion. And the large corporations exploit them on a much larger scale.

12. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Yeah but there are lots of little innuendos that go with that. For instance you may have to make an adjustment when you sell your house.
    Lots of people can use a spare room for an office rather than go out and rent one so it can be a good thing.

13. Magoo

George jr, Iraq war, Obama I was right on all of those :1036316054:

14. Magoo

The thing is they don't have to buy if they want to they can choose to buy or get it cheaper some place without the tax.
    Poor folks have to spend all they have and
    the Middleclass is who's keeping our country going with their purchases

15. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

You are off in left field and exaggerating. The amount deductible for an office is minimal on its own. The loopholes that I am thinking about amount to huuuuuggggeee amounts of money being exempt from taxes, huuuuugggggeeeee amounts.

pilot87 likes this.
  16. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

That is what Sanders wants to do...... Stop those that make millions and Billions from not paying hardly any taxes on it....

17. pilot87

How is a "fair tax" going to stop rich people from avoiding their taxes?... There a trillions of dollars of profits hoarded in offshore tax havens...How does a "fair tax" change that?

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Trump's been bought/ playing ball since the 70s. Politics is a dirty biz. (And no, I'm not for a Dem- in either party...)

19. pilot87

They also have trillions stashed off shore that they are not spending or investing here in a way that is beneficial to the economy or the Treasury Dept.

People at the lower end of the economic scale....which includes about 90 percent of us, spend either all, or most of their incomes just to live...the Wealthy and Huge Corporate interests spend a far less percentage of their incomes......the rest is sheltered in tax avoiding loopholes....and do not contribute to the economic health of the Country.... How does a "fair" tax stop that from happening if it is based only on taxing what is purchased?.... Maybe there is more to it than the explanation you provided.... ?

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Trump COULD. Buffet COULD. Perot COULD. Wouldn't be the smartest move, but they COULD.