Estes | whats important at estes express

what is so wrong with taking pride in your ride, I have a clean truck an my handle is in my back window. I have had a city driver before that trashed my truck, let just say that he is not going to be driving my truck again. Some drivers trucks are so nasty that I dont know how they are able to stay in them any length of time. I have had to drive one of these trash trucks before it is not a nice ride. For someone to say that a sticker is distroyin company property is just plain petty. Lets find something else to complain about. oK, How about drivers taking 11 hours to run a 8 hour turn because they are sleeping are just messing around; but that dont seem to matter, I guess that is why I am only a driver, because I just dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this stuff happens at 155 al the time. I went on vac and came back to a missing 40 dollar cb ant. missing ant 2 pass side mirrors broke. I asked what happened and they they dont know, found the damage on a yard check. Its hard to take pride in your truck when they dont even care. I put no smoking signs in the truck and when someone smoked in it, I complained and was told that my names not on the title. And they wounder where the bad attitudes come from

I put no smoking signs in the truck and when someone smoked in it, I complained and was told that my names not on the title. And they wounder where the bad attitudes come from

The law requires that if you do not smoke you should not subjected to working in a smoke filled envronment ..... talk to corporate then call EOEC and complain :smilie_132:

The law requires that if you do not smoke you should not subjected to working in a smoke filled envronment ..... talk to corporate then call EOEC and complain :smilie_132:

I did not know that....I wish I had that info when fedex Muskogee OK forced me to do a 589 mile meet in a guys KW that smoked marbouro reds all day long with the windows up, I am not joking, by the time I got back to Muskogee I felt like I had the flu, man that was a long day.

There is some states that say you cannot smoke in your work place an your tractor is considered your work place, you might check where you are to see.

well guys should respect if a guy smokes or whatever
I don't see what the problem is for a guy to smoke providing he does it with the window down,what would you settle for,a little smoke smell (spray does wonders) OR trash and spilled coffee an maybe some grease because the jackass hooked up an didn't take the gloves off after getting situated?

I know for a fact Iowa is one of those states.

GH :smilie_132:

I don't see what the problem is for a guy to smoke providing he does it with the window down,what would you settle for,a little smoke smell (spray does wonders) OR trash and spilled coffee an maybe some grease because the jackass hooked up an didn't take the gloves off after getting situated?

thanks for the info GH

I'm allergic to it if someone smokes my eyes water and they itch it really tears me up. asthma kicks in.....and i chew so go figure

I take pride in my ride and wash the windows every morning and the day driver returns same when he is finished plus he fills the tanks for me. (I just wish he would wear gloves as the steering wheel is dirty when I get to work. But it's a small price to pay for having clean windows and a the tanks full). However, when I know he is on vacation and I know some slob will be using it and leave his trash all over the place and not fill the tanks or wash the windows I leave a note on the steering wheel:

"See the windows? Clean, right? See the fuel gage? Full, right? See the floors and the trash bag? If you cannot leave this truck the way you found it please use another vehicle of someone who does not have any pride or care what his vehicle looks like. Fail to heed my request and I will report you."

It has worked and I have pissed off a few day drivers who failed to heed my request. Also, my truck hardly gets used anymore when the day driver is off.

Some people are just so lazy and have no pride in theirselves, their company, or the equipment. It's really sad.

Wow, some very good points and replies here, and some not so "smart". I am an Estes NEWBIE, just started with Estes 9 months ago. I was with Con-Way for 12 years prior. I see the same driver types. Lazy, fanatic, moderate, neutral, etc.

I see "senior" drivers trashing trucks, I see other newbies spending 3 hours out of their 10 or so off, polishing, cleaning, sweating. My point is, it really isn't accurate to classify the new guy as the culprit. I think you will agree if you think about it.

As a smoker, I really do wish their was a fair way to accommodate us dirty filthy smokers, meaning maybe find a way to keep only smokers where possible, in smoked in trucks, or something similar. As a smoker, I TOTALLY sympathize with non-smokers, really, I do. I realize it stinks, makes a mess, and is totally unhealthy. It DOES need to be addressed, and I will basically comply with what ever any company does. At Con-Way, you can not smoke in the trucks period. I was ok with that, after all, most runs are about 3-5 hours each way. I think I can handle stopping at the pickle park for a smoke once or twice if I need to :)

At Estes, as you all know, sometimes you run VERY hard. I am not willing at the moment, to stop and get out of the truck every time I want a smoke. Quit smoking you say? I really agree, I should, but until that happens, I NEED my smokes :)

I think I do a fair job at making sure when in my home terminal, that the truck is "ready" for the next driver to use it in the city until my time is up. I always clean up the dash, floor, and use air spray and a pine tree.

On a last note, I have used trucks at Con-Way assigned to "senior drivers", that were non-smokers, and I think I would have rather used a clean smokers truck ;)

Sunflower seeds, trash, sandwich bits, potato chip crumbs, you name it, are almost if not more disgusting! At least they can be............

It's more important to me that the last slob to drive #74/75xyz take his trash and wipe the crud off the steering wheel an shifter, nothing worse than a sticky wheel to start my day.

No kiddin. The chicken bones don't go down very good after being in there a long time.

I love driving a clean truck:rockon:...Leave it the way u found it...If it aint yours, dont touch it. R_E_S_P_E_C_T...thats all:smillie_flag:. I spend an hour through the week cleaning my truck. I know my name is not on the title, but it is assinged to me so why not take care of it...a clean truck is a good running truck.:captain: