whats in the line drivers lunch pail

CRAZYTRAIN

TB Lurker
Credits
Need some variety and healthier choices what you pack for lunch?

We all need to stay in good shape these damn cards are getting hard to keep for some....

I usually took leftovers. We eat pretty healthy so that is what I would take most of the time. If not that then it would be a 2 lunch meat sandwiches, strawberry, grapes, cucumbers, and chips.

I generally just chew gum and drink a bottle of water during the night. If I get a hunger pang then I'll just stop at subway for a turkey sub. 5' 11 and 185 ain't too bad plus I work out 2-3 days a week at the gym. The sight of some of these spare tummies around here scares me too much.

I generally just chew gum and drink a bottle of water during the night. If I get a hunger pang then I'll just stop at subway for a turkey sub. 5' 11 and 185 ain't too bad plus I work out 2-3 days a week at the gym. The sight of some of these spare tummies around here scares me too much.

5'11" 185lbs....... Um, yeah, I remember that day between 8th and 9th grade.

Well, bear in mind that I was in the city for about a year until recently when I decided to return to the road...dropped 15 pounds with that experiment lol

Before I went to the road, I did food service, no liftgate, everything on a hand truck. Usually 20 stops a day, 15 to 18 thousand pounds a day. Got down to 215, lightest since high school. RC has blossomed a bit since then.
For some people a BMI chart is some seriously funny stuff.

i bring a banana, then lunch meats, usually turkey and ham sandwiches, on white bread, cut in half, so i only eat half a sandwich every 2 hours or so. then i have peanut butter crackers (in a six pack), then i have a large ice tea, and water.

sometimes when i fuel up, i might buy a breakfast burrito, or a couple of hot dogs, or an apple danish, along with a hot coffee, or large sugar-free soda.

i have actually maintained my weight as the last doctor visit (this past Monday), i am still at 178 pounds.

i think the sugar in our drinks adds to the weight gains, if we can all just cut down or cut out the added sugars, we might be far better for it.

then of course, by NOT eating constantly, or eat known fatty foods, we are far better for it as well...

5' 11 and 185 ain't too bad . . . . . . .

5'11" 185lbs....... Um, yeah, I remember that day between 8th and 9th grade.

I was 6' tall and 120lbs or so when I was 15.

Can you say "toothpick"?

I drove a desk for a few years just after college. It wasn't long before I was around 175 or so.

30 years of fixing trucks helped me stay between 150 and 175. Then I retired and took up long haul trucking.

Now, 44 years after my teenage years, the decay of the soft tissue in my spine has me standing at about 5'10", and far too many beers and not enough exercise has my weight around 210.

Not good.

I try to eat right and avoid the garbage. No fast food. No soda pop. A cheeseburger once a week or less (hey, I gotta have at least one vice!). Lots of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Fresh fish for dinner 4 or 5 times a week. Lean red meat once a week.

I always park on the back row, and try to take a walk around the parking lot at the end of every day.

55, 6'1', stay around 185 pounds, don't "work out", light walking bits, don't eat candy bars, doughnuts, ice cream, bologna, much cheese, peanut butter, jams/jellies, wheat breads.
Diets change as we age.
If i started a "work out regimen" I would gain Muscle which would be weight gain, so it's a toss up.
Be some heavier yet assuredly healthier or be out of shape and lighter.
***your results will vary***see your doctor and discover if exercise is good for your current shape***

I don't carry a lunch pail. I carry about 30-40 pounds of food in the sleeper as well overhead in the spare bunk and in some other storage areas.
Supplies replenished bi-weekly usually at Dollar General locations nationwide.

CHEERS!!

anything with preservatives
these preservatives will attach themselves to your vital organs
thus giving you a longer life

I dont run the road, i spend my days in the city. Been on the same Shag run for 16 years.I tip the scales at a wopping 148lbs. Every day i bring an8oz. can of ice coffee, 3 granola bars,2 bottles of water and an apple. If i get hungry i grab a bag of pretzels. I need to keep my weight off and watch what i eat due to Mod. to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I dont need workouts or a gym thanks to multiple inside/residential deliv.

I dont run the road, i spend my days in the city. Been on the same Shag run for 16 years.I tip the scales at a wopping 148lbs. Every day i bring an8oz. can of ice coffee, 3 granola bars,2 bottles of water and an apple. If i get hungry i grab a bag of pretzels. I need to keep my weight off and watch what i eat due to Mod. to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I dont need workouts or a gym thanks to multiple inside/residential deliv.

You must be my twin.

I'm also a city runt. I'm 5'10" and a whopping 140 lbs. My menu varies from day to day, but I typically bring leftovers from family meals. I'll also bring a snack and a couple of gatorades.

I always thought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a better alternative to the nitrate ridden lunch meats. Also, homemade burritos work really well for the lunch box. You can make a bunch of them up at one time and store them in the freezer. So easy to heat and eat, and can be as healthy as you choose to make them. I have been experimenting with Quinoa lately, adding it to almost everything, and it's supper easy to sneak it in burritos.