ODFL | What's it like running team out of White Pine, Tn.

bullet

TB Lurker
Credits
My wife and I are interested in Teaming out of White Pine. She has 2 years experience running team with me for another freight line. I've been in LTL for about 27 years.
I worked for OD back in the late 80's when they were on the brink of going out. Sure has been a remarkable turn a round. I left in good standing.
Any one got any info on how to best apply and if they are hiring or will be in the future. My wife is not trucking right now. I'm working solo; but things don't look very good for present employer.

Go to the terminal and see Kelly in linehaul. Should be plenty as this is our major hub location with many teams running. Believe all will tell you this would be a great move.

The folks at ODFL are a friendly bunch, but I must say that at the MRT barn that they are the best people to work with. I've worked at many jobs in the U.S. and beyond for over 40 years and feel qualified to make this judgement. I hope to stay healthy enough to drive for OD past retirement age as I enjoy the company!

Rehire

some drivers have been rehired but I think right now OD is not rehiring, might want to check on that . I was rehired so I know they have done that in the past. They are hiring right now.

I had heard they now had a no re-hire policy. I left them 18+ years ago, at the time the TM specifically told me I was eligible for re-hire. The wife and I already have a 2 week Hawaii vacation planned for Christmas and New years, so we probaly would have to wait until after that to do anything.
Since we now live in White Pine it seems like it would only make sense. As I drive by that monster terminal; it seems hard to believe they used to work ALL of E. Tn. out of a 14 door terminal and had 2 line-haul drivers when I started with them. Thanks for the feedback.