New Penn | whats it like

detroithomeboy

TB Lurker
Credits
I peddle freight in downtown Detroit to office buildings, hospitals, university, sports arenas, IRS building you name it I am there. And most drivers hate it but I get them everyday so I am kind of use to it. So I got curious. What is it like to peddle freight in down town New York? I saw one of your trucks in a movie with Harrison Ford (Regarding Henry):shift:

I peddle freight in downtown Detroit to office buildings, hospitals, university, sports arenas, IRS building you name it I am there. And most drivers hate it but I get them everyday so I am kind of use to it. So I got curious. What is it like to peddle freight in down town New York? I saw one of your trucks in a movie with Harrison Ford (Regarding Henry):shift:

peddling in NYC, you have to have alot of patience. traffic is terrible, backing in to docks is an adventure because people just love to walk behind a truck in reverse, and in some cases, most of your deliveries require use of a handtruck. i ran Manhattan for about 2 years straight and for the most part, it was ok but i'm glad i don't get sent there anymore. one great thing about running the city : the LADIES !

I still get sent there every once in a while( dwntwn, ny). I hate it. I am the driver who got caught in that movie. I had to circle the block b/c of the movie crew taking up the delivery parking. Its always something going on down there as if its not crowded enough with the regular day to day traffic. Good shot of truck though, just as I was crossing park ave.

Driving on I-95 thru NYC is enough to make you want to quit the job..20 to 30 min bumper to bumper lane changing madness..it's any major city

Thanks for the reply, I don't care who you are or what company you work for this is no easy business, and yes you have got to love the Ladies......:)