ODFL | What's new ? How about computerized logs

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Computerized logs may be the next thing at O.D. There are a few of them out being tested now. I've heard the computers do have some peculiarities.

had tripmaster logs when i drove for a&p and to me they were the best thing since sliced bread.gps would automatically log stops.had built in warnings when you are approching over hrs and figure out your recap.when i came to od and had to fill out a manual log i near forgot how to do it.in over 10 years of use i never had any problems

not sure on this one could go both ways whats going to happen when you run out of hours and your a hour away from term because you had a bad breakdown you are going to get wrote up for being over hours this could happen alot i have had two breakdowns that lasted one 7 hours and the other 9 hours whats a driver to do:hide:

i used computer log when i worked for super valu i loved it.
we had kadec system carry a little card put it in the computer when u start logged all stops, enroute, everything down to the minute. when your done at night take card out put it in the card reader in terminal prints log out sign it your done

Might be interesting to see especially for some of our creative loggers. Who was it posted about an OD driver making like 90k? I bet he doesn't want computerized logs! I would say some of the wild teams might moan a bit. if they could prove who was in the seat some of the husband and wife teams might have a problem.

Might be interesting to see especially for some of our creative loggers. Who was it posted about an OD driver making like 90k? I bet he doesn't want computerized logs! I would say some of the wild teams might moan a bit. if they could prove who was in the seat some of the husband and wife teams might have a problem.

That's why I don't think they'll change for a while.Then again they like gadgets.

not sure on this one could go both ways whats going to happen when you run out of hours and your a hour away from term because you had a bad breakdown you are going to get wrote up for being over hours this could happen alot i have had two breakdowns that lasted one 7 hours and the other 9 hours whats a driver to do:hide:

Inquiring minds want to know how you logged it? Were you legal? Did your company know?

I know our terminal has sent city drivers out to get road drivers who have broke down and run out of hours. The tow truck takes the breakdown and the city guy drives the road guy back. If he/she is not from our terminal they go to the hotel and we give them another truck when they get up.

We were talking about computerized logs Fri nite at the terminal. The question that came up was will it have any effect on wait times at terminals?

If the computer can show how many times a drivers has to bump near the 14 after waiting several hours at a terminal for a load will someone notice and do something about it?

Inquiring minds want to know how you logged it? Were you legal? Did your company know?

came close to 14 hour rule on one had to turn back to the term on the other still got close to 14 hour rule i was leagal i always log what i do so i was on the bottom line bad part about both break downs was that the mech. that came to fix them both times said it would have been better to have them towed but break down refused the 9 hour breakdown they had to put new trailor leaf springs on on the side of I80 outside of omaha neb.