Central Transport | what's next for 2013?

very well said runawaytrain. SEFL has 10 local reps in Dallas and they do 2500 outbound bills per day, Vitran does maybe 350 bills per day from Dallas and services more than twice the number of states SEFL does. Of course SEFL is the best LTL carrier in the entire industry with more density and bill count in the 12 states they cover. Vitran will shut down the SW region soon but it won't save the company in the long run, too late for that.

sefl and averitt both are huge in the south and texas. the thing they both do the best is the states they dont cover, they have other regional ltl companies carry it to the customer, and those other ltl companies are as good as averitt and sefl. for example, sefl hands off 4-5 53' loads to dayton freight each day, and thats not counting at night. louisville ky comes down to nashville tn and to get the freight. sefl has so many swaps in the nashville area its amazing. their employees are paid very well, and I havent heard any of them say how they hate theor company, I mean you might here once and a while a disgruntle employee on how he has to go back out and do a swap, or something to that effect. they dont bad mouth their company like the vitran employees do here. the bottom line to the misery here is $$$$$$$. thats the root of all evil, but the stem of happiness. I tried getting on over at sefl, A driver told me that when they had 2 openings over there, they had 400 plus people put in for the job. that says a whole lot on how good that company is. dam I just read over my words and it sounds like I am a manager over at sefl lol

very well said runawaytrain. SEFL has 10 local reps in Dallas and they do 2500 outbound bills per day, Vitran does maybe 350 bills per day from Dallas and services more than twice the number of states SEFL does. Of course SEFL is the best LTL carrier in the entire industry with more density and bill count in the 12 states they cover. Vitran will shut down the SW region soon but it won't save the company in the long run, too late for that.
Its a close call, but i have to give Old Dominion the #1 spot........Best Operation Ratio in the business....When the SW goes away i will go to both...and maybe i can finish out my career with one of them...I will start at the bottom....But thats ok....Because there bottom is better than Vitrans top...But one thing that really surprises me about the senior guys at Vitran...They truly believe that Vitran is sustainable...You would have to be almost blind not to see whats fixing to happen in the west and southwest...

sefl and averitt both are huge in the south and texas. the thing they both do the best is the states they dont cover, they have other regional ltl companies carry it to the customer, and those other ltl companies are as good as averitt and sefl. for example, sefl hands off 4-5 53' loads to dayton freight each day, and thats not counting at night. louisville ky comes down to nashville tn and to get the freight. sefl has so many swaps in the nashville area its amazing. their employees are paid very well, and I havent heard any of them say how they hate theor company, I mean you might here once and a while a disgruntle employee on how he has to go back out and do a swap, or something to that effect. they dont bad mouth their company like the vitran employees do here. the bottom line to the misery here is $$$$$$$. thats the root of all evil, but the stem of happiness. I tried getting on over at sefl, A driver told me that when they had 2 openings over there, they had 400 plus people put in for the job. that says a whole lot on how good that company is. dam I just read over my words and it sounds like I am a manager over at sefl lol
$$ you sure your not a manager

hey train, they dont want to lose that big money they are making to start over at the bottom. those "blinders" they have on are going to have to come off sooner or later. the things the topped out guys complain about, are just laughable. when I am done with my peddle route I fuel the truck up for the guy who uses it at night, becuz he has 5 yrs in just like me, so he is getting screwed also. but for some reason I dont get that truck in the a.m. I dont fuel it, becuz the topped out LH guys make 75000-88000 a yr. I thiink they can get off their butts and fuel the truck. that is the biggest complant I hear from them. " Why the hell cant you city guys fuel the truck, you get paid for it, I dont!". I told one guy, " hey cry baby, do you want me to ride with you when u pull pups, so I can hook and unhook them for you" ? lol, if they would realize how great they have it, when it comes to the financial part of the job. cuz when I get paid on friday, well put it this way. I go to aldi's every 2 weeks and get maybe $50. heck I am seriously thinking of cheating the system and getting food stamps. but then again, i have too much pride for a hand out. I dont even take money from family. I just dont need another person to put on the list of bills to pay. I guess im more stubburn then I like to say

$$ that wouldnt work for Vitran...because once they opened the back door of Vitrans trailer, the first thing they would say is "What the Fu**".....and send it back and say thanks..but no thanks

And the funny part about most of those guys making right at 90.000 a year is most of them are drowning in debt and living paycheck to paycheck...When it hits the fan down here they are going to find out just how good they had it..Believe that....They will be lucky to make 50.000 in this economy...This old timer wont be blindsided...I need a break from all these cry babies, and yes i do cry at times. But its usually because the old lady cut me off because i wont get off the internet

Last edited by a moderator:
lol good one. I sit at a very slow computer, my service stinks, my ol lady and daughter are living the life with smart phones, and once the phone bill is the one that gets paid too late and verizon cuts off the lines, they will be having withdrawls asap. cuz both of them burry themselves in their phones. 1 is addicted to reading and fb. the other found this website in whichIf I EVER find the maker of it I will have more then words, I think I will be going dirt dancing with the ceo. its called " pintrest". everything that is new around the house or a new dish on the dinner table, or if she has a idea for something, the first line out of her mouth is " well I seen this on pintrest" . its a curse word in my house as of 2013