Yellow | What's the answer with the CSPF?

And stop allocating raise % towards the pension fund, out of a $5.05 raise only $1.20 went to wages. Can't let this happen in 2019 or any mou extention again.
Couldn't agree more!! Stop all funds going down the well immediately. It's probably going to take a couple more years for them to go through all the motions of trying to save the fund before they finally say sorry but there's nothing we can do, all the while contributions are going into the fund which depending on your age, we'll never see. I'd like to see the $80/wk going into a 401 with my name on it right now.

I don't see any kind of bailout for us. The word alone is toxic to any congressman on either side. Most likely in my opinion will be some kind of solution to prop up the PBGC so it can handle the central states failure. Kind of a bailout but not a direct bailout so it will be more politically acceptable. I'd say if you can retire now do it so you can ride the gravy train for a little while anyway.
That's why I retired in 2009.

Couldn't agree more!! Stop all funds going down the well immediately. It's probably going to take a couple more years for them to go through all the motions of trying to save the fund before they finally say sorry but there's nothing we can do, all the while contributions are going into the fund which depending on your age, we'll never see. I'd like to see the $80/wk going into a 401 with my name on it right now.
Now I know this is going to sound cold, but, NO, I would not like to see 80.00 dollars a week go to YOUR 401k. I want it to go to Central States. I just retired 5 months ago. My direct deposit needs your money to lessen my cost of living in retirement. Please stay healthy, work 60 hour weeks, (more money for the fund, ie: me) & vote yes for all the contracts that require payment to Central States Pension Fund. It is really amazing to me how my attitude changed since the first pension. Who loves ya baby? Be safe out there. von

Now I know this is going to sound cold, but, NO, I would not like to see 80.00 dollars a week go to YOUR 401k. I want it to go to Central States. I just retired 5 months ago. My direct deposit needs your money to lessen my cost of living in retirement. Please stay healthy, work 60 hour weeks, (more money for the fund, ie: me) & vote yes for all the contracts that require payment to Central States Pension Fund. It is really amazing to me how my attitude changed since the first pension. Who loves ya baby? Be safe out there. von
No... Who loves ya baby!
We have to keep it going. Whether we get a retirement or not. So enjoy it while you got it. I would suggest you put your money away like a squirrel buries his nuts in the fall. Lol. It's not gonna last long.
I am one who would rather have that money put in my 401....More nuts for me!

No... Who loves ya baby!
We have to keep it going. Whether we get a retirement or not. So enjoy it while you got it. I would suggest you put your money away like a squirrel buries his nuts in the fall. Lol. It's not gonna last long.
I am one who would rather have that money put in my 401....More nuts for me!
You are dead on about the squirrel & nuts. I just can't see any 70 year old plus man hooking sets or working the dock. Every time I would get a floor load or an outbound Amazon shipment I would have to go home sick or work a few bills & go to the hospital. Home being so much less painful. Those 300lb tread mill can put a person in the hospital. von.

I guess you haven't seen me then. Let me know when you're around and I'll give you a demo. :smile new:
I believe you. I don't doubt you for a moment. But, how many 70 year old man or woman do you see on a lift gate truck doing 15 deliveries or pickups a day with half of them inside with a 300 pound piece of freight. This job is a young man's game. Now if you are talking about driving 5 to 6 hundred miles a day then going to bed with no dock work, yea, I can see someone in their seventies driving line haul.

I believe you. I don't doubt you for a moment. But, how many 70 year old man or woman do you see on a lift gate truck doing 15 deliveries or pickups a day with half of them inside with a 300 pound piece of freight. This job is a young man's game. Now if you are talking about driving 5 to 6 hundred miles a day then going to bed with no dock work, yea, I can see someone in their seventies driving line haul.

It's just the luck of the draw Von, some of us are lucky to be still youthful and healthy into our 70's (and even beyond) and sadly others are old and worn out at a much younger age. Heck I can still run rings around most 90 year olds. :hide:

It's just the luck of the draw Von, some of us are lucky to be still youthful and healthy into our 70's (and even beyond) and sadly others are old and worn out at a much younger age. Heck I can still run rings around most 90 year olds. :hide:
Is that running rings while driving, or asleep in the recliner dreaming????

My bottom half is just fine. My legs are like a couple of oaks.

Interesting comment. I've often felt that even at my age I have the strength and endurance of an oak. Great minds really do think alike wouldn't you say?

We have a 76 year old man who works outbound. If he had to he to would hook a set.

That is great. He should be proud to be able to do that. But, he is the exception. I am retired as of this year, but I was in this business for 35 years and as the years went buy it became harder on the physical body because of the changing business & the aging body, & how the labor of a driver was looked at and managed by bosses in the industry. I hope the rest of these people in this business think of the toll it takes on them & work accordingly. We all are just a number ready to be re-placed by stronger & younger workers. When you have to move that 455 pound 55 gallon barrel, use a clamp fork lift if possible instead of a 2 wheeler. Hard to enjoy your retirement when you do it from your wheel chair.

That is great. He should be proud to be able to do that. But, he is the exception. I am retired as of this year, but I was in this business for 35 years and as the years went buy it became harder on the physical body because of the changing business & the aging body, & how the labor of a driver was looked at and managed by bosses in the industry. I hope the rest of these people in this business think of the toll it takes on them & work accordingly. We all are just a number ready to be re-placed by stronger & younger workers. When you have to move that 455 pound 55 gallon barrel, use a clamp fork lift if possible instead of a 2 wheeler. Hard to enjoy your retirement when you do it from your wheel chair.
Personally.... I don't want to be here when I am 70 let alone 76. It's hard for him but I'll tell you what... he puts some young 30 year olds to shame. Work ethics. I will be 60 next month. I have a ways to go. But I do preserve myself. I don't go fast.... I don't do unnecessary things.... I guess you could say I am pickling myself.... Hehehe. Better I pickle myself than someone else!
OK... Bring it on.... I can take it....