FedEx Freight | What's the BIG news coming this summer

We still run several 471's 671's in some older equipment. One of the first road tractors I drove had a Silver 92.
Yeah, these old 3, 4 and 671s as stationery engines will run forever.
All vertical parts in these engines are interchangable, less to inventory.
Good thing is nothing under them will rust.

You ever drive one with a three speed axle?
I met a chicken hauler from Corbin Ky. had one, only one I've seen, was a 671
When I first started driving, back in the last millennium, we had a cabin cruiser with a five speed main and three speed rear. Didn't have a Yamaha but it did have a shiny 290 which good horsepower in those days.

That's the only one I've seen
Must not have worked out too well?
I'll listen to a Cummins or Cat all night, any time over that two stroke.
In my younger days you couldn't make it loud enough for me
As father time creeped up, couldn't get it quite enough.

I like it when it is just turned off... and I'm sitting in a chair that is'nt moving. ..preferably with a cold beverage.

I like it when it is just turned off... and I'm sitting in a chair that is'nt moving. ..preferably with a cold beverage.
I'll drink to that
Diet Dr Pepper or Miller Lite
any thing but that creek water Dave and DD drinks
If one spills or leaks, it will turn a Yeti calf pee green

Yeah, these old 3, 4 and 671s as stationery engines will run forever.
All vertical parts in these engines are interchangable, less to inventory.
Good thing is nothing under them will rust.
Ours aren't stationary there in equipment, I think we're down to three machines with 2 engine each so 6 engines.

Dang, all you guys getting in on these truckin' classic remakes. Make a guy all sentimental about the sound of a two stroke Detroit or a Mack V8. Put that hammer down and give it hell!
C F, Tell you another good sound these young bucks have never heard, a 175 BUDA, with a 4in tail pipe over
the drive axle turned out behind the wheels, was called a Grassburner, Associated Transport ran these until N J
banned them, set too many fields on fire.
About the time stacks got started on the east coast.

Con
Oh come on MR.BREEZE you wouldn't like to sit in a 6v53 at 2300 all night long lol. In my way younger days when I worked at a truckstop used to hear those old 290's and 335's straight piped guys coming off the ramp from the OTP with the jake's on full just a rattling down that giant hill. Same for me I like the quite ride except when I roll the window down and hear my rattling carhauler.window up back to radio tunes

Con

Oh come on MR.BREEZE you wouldn't like to sit in a 6v53 at 2300 all night long lol. In my way younger days when I worked at a truckstop used to hear those old 290's and 335's straight piped guys coming off the ramp from the OTP with the jake's on full just a rattling down that giant hill. Same for me I like the quite ride except when I roll the window down and hear my rattling carhauler.window up back to radio tunes
00, wouldn't that just be a nightmare? I'd take a B61 to the shop, get one of the guys to knock the baffles
loose in the stack just to hear that 673 bark.
Didn't matter if it pulled long as I had that sweet sound.
I recall our GMC 671s had straight stacks, after a rain you start the engine and soot blew all over you,
Tought me a few new cuss words.