ODFL | What's the most nonproductive thing ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
What's the most nonproductive thing you've ever seen at O.D. ? What is the best thing you've seen done ?

trailers that could have been an easy headload, but instead of taking off the one skid in the nose going to ??? they stick umpteen skids going to &&& causing us to have to unload the whole trailer to get the one skid out. what should have been a one minute pull takes 30 - 45 minutes.

how about talking to a p&d dispatcher.you tell them what you know about a customer and the very next day you have to do it again.

trailers that could have been an easy headload, but instead of taking off the one skid in the nose going to ??? they stick umpteen skids going to &&& causing us to have to unload the whole trailer to get the one skid out. what should have been a one minute pull takes 30 - 45 minutes.

Seen it too many times.Try making that possible h/l a shipmment of tires and it's that much worse.Or just putting a good size shipment of tires in the middle of an LTL breakout.Just enough to make you say WTH?

Poor communication causing confusion and dissent. I remember a some sort of initiative called tearing down the walls or something like that, it was never communicted well to us what it was about so I guess it went away like many other ideas.
Take many of the topis discussed on here, most are here because of poor communication by management, and from some of the responses you can see that there is confusion and different interpretations from terminal to terminal.

how's this run 100 miles one way to deliver 16 computers to come around intersection to find our partner truck sitting there....... to bad we can't interline 100 miles back down to my normal area to make pick ups 3 1/2 hrs later. then do it two more times in same week and twice the next

how's this run 100 miles one way to deliver 16 computers to come around intersection to find our partner truck sitting there....... to bad we can't interline 100 miles back down to my normal area to make pick ups 3 1/2 hrs later. then do it two more times in same week and twice the next

Big picture driver!$$$$$$$