Yellow | Whats the most reliable radio, and best place to buy slip seat radio's and equipment?

billybigriggr

TB Lurker
Credits
:duh:
I am looking for some info on what CB radio would be the most reliable with the best power output, and who is selling slip seat equipment at some good prices? I know that this will vary.
Whats the best antenna for maximum range?
Where is a good place to have your radio tuned and calibrated to get the best watts and pwr outage in Ohio, Indiana or PA?
I have checked GI Joes, and The TRUCKERS CB SHOP prices on the web.
I have read that Magnum, Stryker, Northpoint, and Northstar are junk radios made in China. Why is this true?

I am not quite sure what would be the best quality radio for slip seating, or who backs up the products they sell if there is a problem.

I know you guys know whats best in the market, and where to find the best prices. Any info will be helpful. Thank you.

Billy, back in the day when I was otr, I ran a President, 3 meter ham with the 40 cb channels added to it. Don't quote me (this gettin old **** sucks) but it seamed like it put out 25 or so wats and swung a bunch of modulation. I shot skip on side ban a lot and did it with the big boys on high wat bases. I got mine at the old Iowa 80 truck stop, before TA bought them out. As far as where to go now? Sorry, been out of it for to long.

Billy, back in the day when I was otr, I ran a President, 3 meter ham with the 40 cb channels added to it. Don't quote me (this gettin old **** sucks) but it seamed like it put out 25 or so wats and swung a bunch of modulation. I shot skip on side ban a lot and did it with the big boys on high wat bases. I got mine at the old Iowa 80 truck stop, before TA bought them out. As far as where to go now? Sorry, been out of it for to long.

President looks good, but its a rare breed. I like vintage radios and antennas "good quality", but hard to find. I did see a President HR2510, not sure about the wattage, it peaked out at 11RMS. sharp radio, but again it seems to be rare. I can see whats up on ebay. thanks, I will keep my ears open to see what President radios might be for sale.

There's a shop in Columbus, OH called dales cb shop. You can google it for his contact info. He is the best!! I used him all the time when I worked outta Columbus. He's right across the street from the Pilot truck stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and as far as an antenna go with a Francis 5 1/2 foot. It's the most diverse antenna on the market. Radio is a personal preference. Personally I love my connex

Oh and as far as an antenna go with a Francis 5 1/2 foot. It's the most diverse antenna on the market. Radio is a personal preference. Personally I love my connex

Yep, I like the connex, the connex 3600HP, one powerful radio its top of the line from what Ive read. I like the way the square meter is situated. Looks good too, the price is up there. Looks like if its tuned right its got more power than folks know what to do with, 100watts at least. General Lee 10 meter is maxed out at about 100watts seems similar to the older connex but a cheaper price. I will take a look at the Francis 5 1/2 foot. I think a driver might need some type of radio operators permit to operate a 10meter on the cb band over 4watts, but I hear drivers with at least 40 watts all the time, some with even as much as 250watts. They can drown out anyone or anything else on the channel. Never heard of a driver being cited for operating a converted 40-100watt radio. I will ask dale about it when I call him. Thanks

Yep a good slip radio is the general lee, Iowa 80 truck stop is good as well as in Indiana on 465 west side of town. Don't know the exit number but it's the exit where flying j, mr fuel, and the pilot is. In front of the pilot fuel pumps is a small mobile home. That guy is real good on radios, he has the contract to work on 4-5 of the different radio stations out there. Never seen anybody else rip out and replace the parts as fast as telling him.

okeydokey said:
Yep a good slip radio is the general lee, Iowa 80 truck stop is good as well as in Indiana on 465 west side of town. Don't know the exit number but it's the exit where flying j, mr fuel, and the pilot is. In front of the pilot fuel pumps is a small mobile home. That guy is real good on radios, he has the contract to work on 4-5 of the different radio stations out there. Never seen anybody else rip out and replace the parts as fast as telling him.

You have to be carefully there at Big O's. It's exit 4. If you go there only let Randy do the work on your radio. The best guy I have found is at the 240 on 65 south of Chicago. And dont let Steel Rod touch your radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner